Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. ....for free on Spotify, Apple Music, et all

James McCartney likes this.
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Bingo. And, as @maccawings astutely pointed out, the whole reason for this is to juice the first-week sales of the ALBUM. Selling a cd single won't do that. Between the four cd versions here, the green one, the regular one and the black/white/red/green/cokebottle/pink vinyl versions (not even counting the yellow one, because hardly anyone got it), some members here will likely have purchased 5-10 copies of this EACH! Hello, Billboard...

3. Floatupstream

Floatupstream Forum Resident

Yet another cash grab. Out with the album already.

4. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

At this rate...the black vinyl and regular cd will be the rarity because I still haven't picked them up. And at this rate I may not for a time.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  5. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Not me! I think this is hilarious. My email is in spam. Heh, heh!

6. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Oh, manomanomanoman! I want [to hear] this album!!! Now!

Slowest three weeks ever............. :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

theMess and Fortuleo like this.
  7. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

If Paul would put out a 5 track EP (THAT'S RIGHT: THE 4 BONUS TRACKS FROM THE COLORED CD RELEASES PLUS AN EXCLUSIVE 5TH BONUS SONG ONLY WITH THIS SET), chances are that I would buy it. I'm not buying 4 more copies of the record just to get the bonus songs. I'm sticking to my plain Amazon copy with nothing but the original album.

8. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I'd rather...errr not :D

Paperback Writer likes this.
  9. .
    ... just an opinion?

10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

It looks as if I was half right......looking more closely.....it appears the $7 version just the bonus track and the $14 version “Deluxe color” is the album plus the bonus track

Claudio Dirani likes this.
  11. Mollusk

Mollusk I AM THE STALLION

Wait we have 10 seconds of The Kiss of Venus?

Claudio Dirani likes this.
  12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yes, in other words I do not have any advance word that this is true and I am venturing an opinion/ guess

fungomatto likes this.
  13. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Otherworldly question

14. Mollusk

Mollusk I AM THE STALLION

Sorry, I hadn't realized there were another couple pages for me to read when I sent that lol.

15. But
    But they say “McCartney III” in the description for the $7... how could it be McCartney III if it’s only one track?

jmxw, Alen, MPLRecords and 2 others like this.
  16. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Sounds likely to me! I'm taking a gamble that I can get all these in a future set (which I've already resigned myself to buying on CD and vinyl some time in 2021....)

Mkirk, dormouse and Paul H like this.
  17. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

You guys know these will be going for $$$ on ebay before the release date even comes.

I wonder how fast these will sell out.

Did anyone try to buy the colored vinyl edition after the 1st day it was announced? They were mostly pretty expensive. Still are.

18. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

That makes no commercial sense at all.
    Mrjinks explained it all.

I bought 5 different copies of the album, while I only wanted the bonus tracks :)

Olivier Northern Son and mrjinks like this.
  19. Ed59

Ed59 Forum Resident

THAT will be the Deluxe Box Set coming in the spring. Packaged in a green box with a Red Cross Logo, the set will also include a free McCartney III syringe with one vaccination dose.

Alen and Claudio Dirani like this.
  20. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I think you had it right the first time. Do you really think "Secret demo edition McCartney III red cover store-exclusive mini-jacket CD" does not include the italicized "McCartney III" (website's emphasis, not mine) in the description?

How can it be an edition of McCartney III if it doesn’t include McCartney III?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Mkirk, andrewhh, Alen and 4 others like this.
  21. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I ordered the 4 deluxe CDs from the UK shop. I wonder if each colour will have exclusive inner artwork as well. That would be neat.

As much as I loathe these sort of shenannigans, I find this approach much easier to swallow than the Egypt Station suitcase. I'm a sucker for cover variations like this, and even though I ended up paying £52 for 4 bonus tracks it's still a bargain compared to that fiasco.

22. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

I did the exact same thing, but I think we are only getting 4 songs, but I certainly hope you are right!

Zongadude likes this.
  23. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Let's all be realistic here: I may be feeble but not stupid.
    I bought all 4 colours (the US $7 is a bargain that makes buying all four costs almost the same price for ONE cd on the French shop) knowing perfectly that there would be a DELUXE ULTRA EDITION BOXSET of some sort in the next 6 or 8 months, that will probably have the four demos in it ! :)

24. jacden

jacden Senior Member

No way!!!! They actually take cash payment as well???

25. beatbro

beatbro Forum Resident

Yes, my read on it is that they both include the whole album + bonus track. The difference in the deluxe is the softpack cover which may/may not be the same as the original softpack which is a foldout

Alen and Lownote30 like this.