'Tone Poet' Jazz Reissue Series*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cds23, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

Thanks again @Bryce ....( and everyone else who slowly beat me down :buttkick: ). This really is sweet and really enjoying the slightly more out there stuff on side two in particular
    [​IMG]

2. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

I wonder what the biggest selling TP is to date?

Joti Cover, Jachay and Eric_B like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, either find it in a local shop or be patient. same thing happened with the first couple releases. sold really well and were temporarily out of print. temporarily being the key word.

InsideTheMuseums likes this.
  4. Eric_B

Eric_B Forum Resident

I'd guess...Etc.? Big name(s)/highly acclaimed. Been out the longest. Sold out and had to be repressed fairly early. Interested to hear others' speculation on this.

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. timzigs

timzigs Forum Resident

I remember tracking the top music list on Amazon and Cornbread ranked pretty high at one point. I would guess the popularity of the series has elevated some of this year's releases even more.

Eric_B likes this.
  6. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

Have you tried Loud & Clear, as they were stocking Tone Poets?

InsideTheMuseums likes this.
  7. Ronnieb

Ronnieb Forum Resident

That’s a bargain!

Kimiimacman likes this.
  8. Kimiimacman

Kimiimacman Forum Resident

I emailed them but alas no response. Maybe it’s Brexit?
    Anyway, I bought the 4 pre-order TPs in BN U.K. sale yesterday but they cost much more, hey ho.

Ronnieb likes this.
  9. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Alright, who is getting Roots & Herbs? I bet many folks are ready for this baby! Got confirmation that my copy arrives tomorrow, but due to some medical stuff, can't listen until later this weekend. Really looking forward to comments on this great record! If they nail the sound, this one should smoke! "Pastel Blues" is arriving tomorrow as well. What a weekend for some awesome Jazz I say...anyone ready for a game of "Ping Pong"!

10. Ronnieb

Ronnieb Forum Resident

I’m gonna order the Chet Baker and Prayer Meeting. Incl shipping to the Netherlands is 57€. Normally one item here is 40€ so it is a no-brainer

scotti likes this.
  11. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I think "Roots and Herbs" is a really fun album. Its slipping up towards passing "Buhanaihs Delight" for me. And I really like the later. Also done around this time is the album "The Freedom Rider".

A hot time of creative flow from these guys I would imagine. Jazz social statements that are also fun. Takes much to put those two elements together. Plus Wayne Shorter is playing, thats always a good thing.

12. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

(Roots & Herbs) Another reason I like this as much as I do. I was going to spend and get the VMP version, but now that it's on the Tone Poet radar after their licence expires I will hold off. My luck, it will be a few years. I may crack before that as I said it before, my CD ain't cutting it and it's a mighty fine record!

That post from @Ronnieb just put me in the mood to attend a "Prayer Meeting" this afternoon. Might even have to shout out a few oh yeah's while I'm listening to the sermon.

13. InsideTheMuseums

InsideTheMuseums Heard it

That's actually an excellent idea! I have never bought any record there but, you're very right, they do sell some audiophile records.
    I'll drop them an email right away, thanks a lot!

Newscot likes this.
  14. InsideTheMuseums

InsideTheMuseums Heard it

That's very good news. So I guess it does make sense to be patient and wait for.a reissue, if I cannot find it anywhere else. Thanks!

15. Ronnieb

Ronnieb Forum Resident

Jimmy as the high priest on his hammond. Love that combination with Stanley. It is soooo laidback!

Geee!, ausgraeme and scotti like this.
  16. Kimiimacman

Are you referring to Freedom Rider being on the radar? VMP put it out a while back but would be keen for a TP to pit against my OG mono:pineapple:

Bryce likes this.
  17. BitterFishinCrudeOilSea

BitterFishinCrudeOilSea Forum Resident

Nice. Roots & Herbs should be at my local shop by Friday, but I can't get there to pick it up until Wednesday. I special ordered that one (love to support the locals, they've been ordering all my TPs). Planning to snag a Pastel Blues, too, if they get it/don't sell it by Wednesday.

Now I'm just itching for the 2021 announcement!

scotti likes this.
  18. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Finally got around to cleaning and listening to the Phantom tonight. Man, these latest Hutcherson and Pearson titles rank at the very top of all Tone Poet releases thus far.

19. JimSmiley

JimSmiley Team Blue Note

EVERY DAY IS SOMETHIN' ELSE HOLIDAY SALE:

30% OFF TONE POET VINYL SERIES
    [​IMG]

20. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I just got this offer in my mail box and ordered Roots and Herbs, Tender Moments and Byrd in Flight to ship December 11 and The Waiting Game to ship January 29th.

21. Kimiimacman

U.K. only 20% + shipping:mad:
    But as a bonus, they still claim Roots, Tender, Flight & Waiting for release tomorrow :)

22. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I paid $5.78 to ship the waiting game but even with tax it was under the $34.98 which is the regular asking price.

23. Dai

Dai Note to self: listen to Clifford Brown more often

Apropos of nothing, what a beautiful ending to King Cobra on My Point Of View Tony Williams's understated solo is, accompanied by Herbie'ss comping. I'm really enjoying this record more than I expected.

Swann36, Dignan2000, timzigs and 4 others like this.
  24. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Happy Roots & Herbs street date everyone! Can't stay on the computer long as I had surgery yesterday. But I am trying to talk my lovely wife into picking this up for me today along with the Hendrix/Maui, Pastel Blues, and Mike Campbell's "The Dirty Knobs. Wish me luck...

25. magnet

magnet Forum Resident

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    dastinger likes this.