“Peanuts” specials leave broadcast television, move to Apple TV+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Jacky rings his bell! :righton:

Spaghettiows likes this.
  2. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

A Christmas Miracle! I was just about to call Bill Oreilly as this was all part of the war on Christmas.

Spencer R likes this.
  3. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

I believe your friend is mixed up. People like to claim their favorite old stuff is being "censored"; and if Peanuts went to Apple streaming (temporarily apprently) because of copyrights and corporate greed, that's great fuel for the conspiracy.

4. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Just did the same thing yesterday, the Peanuts Holiday Collection 4K box set was on special for $19.99 at Amazon.

5. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

BTW, jazz pianist David Benoit has been doing a Charlie Brown Christmas concert small tour for many years along the west coast. I've seen the show maybe a half dozen times at The Carpenter Center at Long Beach State. He plays the Vince Guaraldi songs as well some other Christmas classics and a few of his own, with a small combo, a female singer, and a usually a boys choir. With no live concert this year, he's going to do it (probably more stripped down) on Youtube for Rick's Cafe on Sat Dec 5th.
    Info: David Benoit

He also put out an album this year of the Charlie Brown (and other) Christmas material:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FTHF186/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]

6. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I think you're probably right about that...

7. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I checked the DVR listings and you're right, PBS Kids is airing it in this market too...

8. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

That's interesting...

longdist01 likes this.
  9. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I forget the details, but the 4K set has bonus content that the BD set does not.

Vidiot and longdist01 like this.
  10. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I was a cartoon junkie as most kids were back then. I watched all of them: Hanna-Barbera, Harveytoons, Terrytoons, those King Features cartoons with Beetle Bailey, Krazy Kat and Snuffy Smith, Felix the Cat, Clutch Cargo, etc. Warner Bros. Cartoons were always my favorite and still are.

Grand_Ennui, 905 and longdist01 like this.
  11. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I hated Casper. “Will you be my friend?” Ugh. No one wants a friend who’s that needy.

12. MikaelaArsenault

I just found out that our main PBS affiliate will be showing A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving tomorrow night after all.

MikeInFla likes this.
  13. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I'll check and see if ours will have it on. We watched it on DVD last night but if it ends up being on regular PBS we will check it out again. Can never get enough Chuck Brown.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  14. MikaelaArsenault

Have you seen the live action movie?

15. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Most PBS affiliates will be airing the Peanuts special at 7:30 Eastern. Even our PBS Kids will air it at the same time as the main affiliate.

MikeInFla likes this.
  16. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Looks like civilization as we know it will receive a one-year reprieve.

Veronica Mars likes this.
  17. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Meant to send out reminder. The Benoit stream is on right now

longdist01 likes this.
  18. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I couple a weeks ago I watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special
    on daily motion.. I don't get all fuss it not being tv anymore..
    I like nostalgia but this going over board.
    If need be buy it on dvd..

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  19. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Here's the Benoit Charlie Brown Christmas show. Mel Torme's son sings about the one hour mark.

MikaelaArsenault and Jord like this.
  20. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

Many of the Peanuts animated specials have been uploaded to YouTube, or Dailymotion, especially the lesser-known shows (there were over 40 of them). If someone really wants to watch them (and has an Internet connection and a computer), they can find them.

21. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Thank you for sharing. I'm gonna take my time and enjoy this one. From the small bits I've heard thus far it sounds incredible.

22. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

23. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Apologies if this was mentioned already and I missed it, but when I watch the Christmas special, I feel like I still need the commercials for Dolly Madison snacks. :p

24. AnalogueAndy

AnalogueAndy Forum Resident

He also put out an album this year of the Charlie Brown (and other) Christmas material:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FTHF186/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I saw his Christmas show a few years ago in West Vancouver. Lovely presentation of the classic soundtrack!

Thanks for the heads up for his new album. I’m a bit of a fanatic for this music and this release slipped under my radar; just placed an order and should have a physical copy playing in the CD tray this time next week. Cheers!

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And for those who weren't around when the original 1965 special aired, here's the TV Guide listing and ad...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.