Rolling Stones Let It Bleed RSD EVISCERATED!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ben Adams, Nov 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

This guy has a number of videos on YouTube in which he talks about various pressings and editions of classic albums ( Sgt Pepper 's , Tommy, L. A. Woman...).
    He seems like a knowledgeable enough fella.

2. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Agreed. I've been following his channel for months now.

3. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

A crime against the vinyl community, says Mike. Well said, Mike. I don’t care if it sounds like the master tape, that is one piece of ridiculousness.

Well, actually, if it did sound like the master tape...

astro70, Man at C&A and GentleSenator like this.
  4. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Apparently, back when the album was originally released, someone did an extremely limited run that looks similar, shown below. Two copies believed to be in existence, and probably the inspiration of for the latest RSD moneygrab.
    [​IMG]

5. The original looks so much better in terms of design. Like so many others, I don't need yet another copy of this album. I'm afraid to count the number of copies I already have. It's super el-lamo that there's no poster. By far, this is the WORST RSD title that I've ever seen since this event began in 2007 or 2008. For me, it's 2007, but some may argue.

Sean, Man at C&A, bloodlemons and 2 others like this.
  6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

That is not a generic sleeve inside, it's a custom sleeve that matches the original US pressing on London Records. It is stated twice (in your video) as being generic. But if you'd have looked at the other side of it you would have seen the printed side. I remember because I was a tot interest in Stones even in '69. And of course, I own several vinyl copies now.

7. old school

old school Senior Member

P.T. Barnum must be behind this circus! That has to be the ugliest multi-color record ever and no poster LOL.

8. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Yes, there is a high priced collectible as you have shown us. But to many experts, it screams later pressing using old labels and parts. There were a few giveaways, but granted a good rare item regardless.

I agree, it does look like the RSD items is inspired by this rarity.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  9. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

I thought the album jacket was being hand pulled (as in screenprinted) with each colour being pulled separately.
    That would have been worth it to me as a limited art work. This not so much.

10. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Are the videos by Ben Adams the op of this thread?

11. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident Thread Starter

Nope.

12. Ben Adams

I thought the same when he pulled it out - it’s a printed paper inner with *no lining* though. On a $100 super-rare collectible record. At the least they could have thrown in an extra poly-lined sleeve. Lots of $20-$40 reissues do this, such as the catalogs of Bowie, Floyd, etc.

So anyway, points for pedantry, but you’re actually missing the point Mike was making regarding the sleeve.

13. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I'm not missing jack %$#@

He failed to look at the other side of the sleeve.

14. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

The first used copy of LIB I ever purchased had that poster, and what did I do? I removed it and put it in a drawer and lost track of it. I think I intended to hang it at some point and just never did. For the life of me, I can't think why I didn't just leave it in the LP sleeve. I recognized that it was cool and retro and not likely to be reproduced. When I moved out of my mom's house many years ago I had forgotten about it, and it must have gotten discarded. Can't believe I let such an artifact just slip through my fingers like that.

phillyal1, Sean and If I Can Dream_23 like this.
  15. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Is "hand pour" something special? And the standard for multi-colored vinyl is "machine pour"?

If so, I don't see what's really so special about hand-pouring other than it may be more labor intensive, people-wise.

Here are a couple of multicolored records that look just as cool to me as LIB.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. SongAndDanceMan

SongAndDanceMan Forum Resident

He quite clearly looked directly at it at the 3:30 mark. When he says generic he meant the most basic, cheapest sleeve that can be ordered from the pressing plant.

17. Ben Adams

No, you’re aiming for pedant points. So he misspoke and said generic when he meant plain paper. BFD. That’s not the goddamn point he was making.

Anyway, it’s not like he could go back and reseal the record to start over. The whole thing was done in one take.

Man at C&A, thxphotog, intv7 and 20 others like this.
  18. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

As I’ve said previously, Allan Klein continues to troll Stones fans from beyond the grave!

andrewskyDE, mdm08033, uzn007 and 4 others like this.
  19. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Yes, one take and watch him go delete this take and replace it with a more factual one. Honestly, whether he knew it had the text or not, he comes across as one who never owned a US original. Not saying he never did, but comes off like it. So he will want to delete this video and start over fresh, and mentioned the poster that should be here as well.

I see a glossy custom facsimile of the original US sleeve.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I also found it odd he did not mention the poster included in both US and UK original pressings, since as you said he has various videos on classic albums.

I need to do some videos about classic albums myself, as I like to be more in-depth and detailed, and I also like videos that move along a bit faster.

21. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

Yes, sometimes those most memorable of items can end up lost like that. At least you have a good story though to accompany its history. :)

Buddybud and dkmonroe like this.
  22. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

The record itself looks like the after-effects of eating those sugar-free Haribo gummy bears.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  23. The 'In' Groove

The 'In' Groove Forum Resident

Ok. You got me. A cheap crappy generic paper sleeve with a touch of purple and black ink. A custom sleeve? Ya right! I guess we know who this records target market is.

24. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

They should have done this edition of Let It Bleed like that liquid filled White Stripes record, but instead of using some generic dyed color liquid..., they should fill it with real blood!

25. Deja Doh

Deja Doh QUARANTINED

It's why I'm so over RSD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.