Neil Young – Archives Volume II: 1972–1976 (20th Nov 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Smurr1958, Jun 22, 2020.

1. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Honestly, the Long May You Run sessions may have been worth it solely for this smokin' take of "Separate Ways." Holy crap does this absolutely kill.

Catbirdman, csnfan, Graham and 9 others like this.
  2. andyediewatt

andyediewatt Forum Resident

Odeon Budakon is an incredible album. Crazy Horse sound so tight. That Cortez phewwww. Smokin

3. cosplusisin

cosplusisin Forum Resident

Downloading now. I accidentally hit "cancel" on the first couple of songs that finished downloading so I might have an incomplete download. I hope I can re-download after it's all done.

4. Robert Tilley

Robert Tilley Forum Resident

I ordered the 2nd batch of the big box and I just got the Archive subscription code along with the link to download the complete box. I wasn't expecting to be able to download the files until March so this is a nice surprise. I'm downloading now in case they disappear...

5. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

agree, and feel the same about Vol. 1. The three Topanga discs in particular are a great listen, and I see why Neil curated them the way he did.

6. 24JGM

24JGM Forum Resident

Well, that's an album cover...
    [​IMG]

milankey, Uncle_Meat, csnfan and 8 others like this.
  7. IHeartRecordsAz

Also the LMYR version of "Traces" is pretty awesome, too. How these two tracks got cut over some of the tracks that actually made the cut is beyond me.

Catbirdman, csnfan and andyediewatt like this.
  8. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Here’s some pictures I just took:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fractured, jlf, piepants and 37 others like this.
  9. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

I have to quit at Dume and pick up the rest tomorrow.

This all just exceeds expectations for me. I thought The Old Homestead disc was A+ but then I listened to Dume. My goodness, aside from all the great Zuma album tracks, Ride My Llama, Kansas, Hawaii, No Seems to Know and Pocahontas are mind blowing. They all would have been favorite songs had they come out.

Pocahontas, even missing V2 is nearly overwhelming in its goodness, with the wall of sound guitars and harmonies. I mean, where has this been?

Anyhow, there is so much to unpack. Got give it a rest I think before hitting 9 and 10.

In a time of some darkness, this is really uplifting in a very personal way for this old Neil Young fan.

10. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Thanks. Well now we know why no stash box...it has CDs in there instead. Appreciate the pics. Mine is due Wednesday.

:cheers:

11. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

thats awesome. sadly it looks like those of us getting the retail version won't be able to line it up with our first cd box

LonesomeDayBlues likes this.
  12. Bungo

Bungo Forum Resident

Update: I'm happy to report that the Bluesound Node 2i is working perfectly with NYA!

Mr. D, adamos, oneway23 and 2 others like this.
  13. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

The Martin is worthy of its own cover. Stills obviously knew that.

14. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

the box presentation is amazing.

15. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Yep your stuff is still available in My Downloads, code only needed once. I had to redo a few tracks and I have them all playing this evening.

apple-richard likes this.
  16. stevethehouse

stevethehouse Forum Resident

Absolutely blown away by the quality of this box. Every single previously unreleased outtake could have been on an album and in many cases would have been a highlight.

The quality of the Homegrown-era tracks really makes me question the final track listing

17. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident

Downloads stopped less than halfway through the box. What should I do?

18. IHeartRecordsAz

Does Homegrown have a gatefold image in this version? It definitely looks thick enough to have one.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. IHeartRecordsAz

Download the tracks one at a time. I tried to download them all at once, as well, and it ended up crashing Chrome on my computer.

20. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident

How? It says I've redeemed my code

21. IHeartRecordsAz

Refresh the page, go back to "My Downloads," select Archives Vol. II, and then just go down the line and click the "download" button next to each track.

purple-lazy likes this.
  22. IHeartRecordsAz

Boy, it felt really theraputic deleting the bootleg versions of the Vol. II songs from my computer.

23. cosplusisin

cosplusisin Forum Resident

Thank you. It's working.

eelkiller likes this.
  24. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident

thanks. working.

eelkiller and IHeartRecordsAz like this.
  25. Denaz

Denaz Forum Resident

Yep, I had a few tracks that did not download and it looks like you can download them again and again, wow cant wait to give them a listen!!