Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Love that idea!

Haristar likes this.
  2. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I'm very interested in seeing the track lists of your two CD' s...in a similar vein, have ever created 70's fantasy Beatles albums using the solo recordings ? I have a series of them on cassette tapes somewhere with made up titles and liner notes, no less. The album which "follows" Abbey Road" consists of tracks from '70/'71 and so on. Fun stuff.

Paulwalrus, Ringo Hendrix and Sargon like this.
  3. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

Sorry, but I misunderstood the description. I thought they contained only the bonus track, like a CD single. They are priced reasonably, though, $7.33 each, plus tax and shipping. My total was $39.02 I would typically pay that much for 4 CD singles. It does beat paying $25 and up for the bundles.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  4. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

Ok, then it's a misunderstanding. I had understood there was a way to get just the demos, I thought possibly as a separate download. I was afraid that was not the case. Those cheap CD editions seem to be USA only, which means that EU import taxes come on top, which again does effectively make them more expensive and I even don't know how much exactly and as I cannot travel personally to a customs office I don't know how much will come on top for handling. No, I don't want to play that marketim scam game for this. I feel disrespected as a marketing sheep and idiot anyway by all this. This leaves more than a bad taste in my mouth.
    I am hoping for the rumoured deluxe edition in '21. And if not ... bad luck.
    This is seriously tainting my joy in this release. I can see why they are doing it, but I feel very much disrespected as a year long follower. In return all this does quite dampen my will to shell out, the fun is gone.
    Listeners are people, too, who have feelings and I prefer to be taken seriously and treated fairly. I feel that Paul McCartney does not do that. Making people buy the same album four times just to get the complete tracklist ... is a scam to me. And I am not even counting x colours and varyants for the LPs here, which I find rather ridoculous the way they are doing it.

Just a humble surprise drop, he would have had loads of respect from me. Just doing a campeign and release the thing already, ok. But he and his team ... I just don't like it.

Ok, rant over. I'll shut up and only come back if I've got something positive to say.

vinnie, DK Pete, lavalamp3 and 2 others like this.
  5. AlienGirlWorx

AlienGirlWorx Forum Resident

I got this, it is multi-lingual, great book! Most of the translations run near the back of the book, so I think thats why it wasn't quite showing up in the preview.
    L.I.L.Y!

Who Cares and Paperback Writer like this.
  6. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

Live As One: The Complete Experience, a playlist by diarheafaceonastick on Spotify

Here’s mine. Live As One Volume 1 Ends with “Love” And Vol 2 ends with “My Mummy’s Dead”, the rest is a compilation called “Love Comes To Everyone” Covering 75-80. There’s a few local files on there. I wanna try to turn them into “Love” style albums.

anyways I’m gonna try to stop derailing the thread now :D:)

DK Pete likes this.
  7. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I just deleted my post, trying to follow your sage advice about not "derailing" things too much here. But you get the idea. Look forward to viewing your lists!

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  8. andrewhh

andrewhh Forum Resident

Thanks very much! I'll order it now... :)

AlienGirlWorx likes this.
  9. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Look Yogi Berra is a cop

10. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

Lol whatever.

I think you may be over-estimating how world wide famous it is, since several music fans here have said they don't know it.

The world is a big place, you know?

11. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

A point that's often forgotten.
    I remember how critics were upset that Tom Hanks didn't get nominated for his take on Fred Rogers (or the amazing documentary before that was ignored) — but then it was pointed out only Americans saw Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood.
    The rest of the world heard the name and that's it.

Hamilton is definitely American-centric. It's based on a piece of American history that hasn't gotten a lot of representation in movies or television in the decades before the musical.
    It's also quite noticeable for its use of musical styles outside of traditional Broadway, which was until recently an industry that's had difficulty in staying relevant to younger/hipper audiences.
    But for me, the news focused more on its multi-racial cast, the way it responded to Mike Pence's being in the audience, and the complaint over Donald Trump finding it overrated than the musical itself.
    Having seen the musical on stage, it wasn't the greatest nor was it the worst I've seen — but I can definitely see why writer/lead Lin-Manuel Miranda is so hyped: he is very talented and will continue to be noticed for it.

12. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

I had never heard of Fred Rogers, but I caught that movie on TV a few days ago and thought it was wonderful.

Who Cares likes this.
  13. OK, just checked my promo dice:

Grayish/silverish bag
    White dice
    Black pips and lettering

Paulwalrus likes this.
  14. Max Wilbury

Max Wilbury Berlin Beetle

Oh then that must be a problem of localisation because I see the embed video but with an error message : "Vdeo unavailable."
    Thanks for replying though.

I'm surprised we have few new seconds of the album and that no one is commenting.
    Are you sure it's not the same than previously available ?

15. Max Wilbury

Max Wilbury Berlin Beetle

In the meantime, I'm still listening to this fan made loop. And I'm reading the impressions that the lucky ones here are generously sharing.

susyredstripe and Tracey like this.
  16. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

There are many people on this forum who haven’t moved on since 1972...

DML71, Bilbo Swaggins and jimod99 like this.
  17. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

:laughup:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    sonnyrock likes this.
  18. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

My copy is in English and French I believe.

19. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

This whole time we've been calling it McCartney III, but it's really called "McCartney..." isn't it?

[​IMG]

Paulwalrus, fer2, omikron and 6 others like this.
  20. OakBloke

OakBloke Forum Resident

What's the best CD to go for if I only want to pick up one copy before the inevitable Deluxe Edition release? Standard US, Standard JP, $14 color version with 1 bonus demo?

21. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Superscript on the c, though

Geordiepete likes this.
  22. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Wahey! Are we about to go off on another all-caps-versus-lower-case debate? RAM-alanga-dingdong!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    BeatleJWOL and jmxw like this.
  23. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Microphone Controller Cartney
    M C Cartney is wot he really wanted with his styling.
    Debate...:-popcorn:

24. Dr-Winston

Dr-Winston Forum Resident

Sadly nothing special about the Japanese edition (From CDJapan: The contents of this release will be identical to the worldwide release, except for a description with Japanese translation). The best best seems to be one of the different coloured dice editions (4 of them) each with a different bonus track only available from the official store.

OakBloke and Oyster Boy like this.
  25. Joel Nohnn

Joel Nohnn Forum Resident

All the color deluxes have a unique bonus track and as we don't know the titles if you want just one edition - choose your favourite colour out of the four available or just settle for the standard CD until the inevitable 2 disc collectors edition next year.

OakBloke likes this.