Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Yup

Boomy and superstar19 like this.
  2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Thanks for the PJ tip. The Target webiste was showing store stock availability for the PJ exclusive yesterday but not accepting online ordering or pick-up. I drove over to my local Target to grab one, and ended up empty handed as nothing was on the shelf and sent a worker looking for one but he came back 10 minutes later saying he couldn't find any despite his system also showing that they had them in stock.

3. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Is Amazon active as well? Can someone link?

4. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I have not seen it yet, Target's only been live for what, 5 or 6 hours?

Crush87 likes this.
  5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

I’m still waiting for them to get it ready for pickup it said they had one so I’m crossing my fingers

superstar19 likes this.
  6. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Same here. Good luck. My local was already out of stock and the next closest was listing low stock so I picked one a little further away.

7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Says ready for pickup guess I got lucky

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  8. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

yes more limited which is good because it keeps me from buying more stuff i dont need. Plus Amazon is easy to deal with for replacements and such.

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I bought ALS and Ballads from Target as pre-orders during 3 for 2 back several months ago. So yeah, totally weird.

ATMP likes this.
  10. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

with this new sale it seems everything I want is not allowed to ship to me, not allowing me to place in cart. oh well. money saved I guess.

11. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

yep same here, just gonna bail, my deep discount order arrived and I’ve got plenty to tide me over :righton:

hutlock likes this.
  12. MookieBlaylock

MookieBlaylock Well-Known Member

So, I'm part of several Pearl Jam groups online and this became a bit of an insane search. For those who do go looking for it in-stores, where it usually ended up was in a temporary kiosk over by the kids' clothes. Because... why wouldn't it be?

But that's why the guys in electronics in just about every store one would stop in couldn't find it. They weren't on the normal vinyl shelves, and they weren't "in the back." Very weird, but there you go.

grouploner and superstar19 like this.
  13. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Got it and the Hendrix, the Pearl Jam was almost free after circle points and the buy two get 1 (cancelled the third i didn’t want )

hutlock likes this.
  14. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

So, we waited like 8 months for the return of the Target sale, and now they're doing it every other week? Some moderation, Target. Having had such a backlog waiting over the Summer, I now have nothing to buy.

GentleSenator likes this.
  15. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah I pretty well tapped out what I need from target

16. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

I’m getting a lot of “Sorry, this can’t be shipped to your zip code” for certain items, Electric Ladyland for example. Is this happening to anyone else or is this just a limitation of the sale?

17. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Seems like they are trying hard to push their exclusives with this. I know our forum isn’t the biggest sample size, but it seems like a lot of people have problems with their stock.

18. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

Almost the exact same experience here, but then I found one in a display along with Hendrix over near the kids' clothing.

superstar19 likes this.
  19. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

not just you-this sale just isn't allowing customers to actually buy a lot of items.
    If this is the new way of promoting 3 for 2, don't see myself actually being able anything I want then...

I used my Bullmoose points instead...

cdash99, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Bull Moose needs the money way more than Target or Amazon anyway. Good on ya.

cdash99 and PhantomStranger like this.
  21. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

"We can't ship it to you, and it's not sold in stores" :confused:

stinsojd and Coltrane811 like this.
  22. I was always surprised in the past that Target opened up their B2G1 sales to virtually all titles they carry. Many of us were getting CDs and other discs at prices below wholesale cost. I've always assumed it was a loss-leader strategy for their Target.com website since most people nowadays rely on Amazon. Now that Target looks to be dwindling down their media section in stores, I wonder how much longer these type of sales will continue.

lv70smusic likes this.
  23. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

exactly..what the...?

[​IMG]

beyondmiles, rswitzer and hutlock like this.
  24. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I gotta say I can't get too excited about any of these Target sales after my experience with the B2G1 sale a few weeks ago.

As I posted earlier in this thread I ordered the Bobbie Gentry Box Set, Nat King Cole's Hittin' the Ramp Box Set and the Super Deluxe of Abbey Road for around $180...I was so excited when I got the "your package has been delivered" notification only to return home to a small padded envelop from Target.com that included Lauren Daigle's (WHO????) "Look Up Child" single CD and the Double Disc "Southern Rock Gold".....WTF??? How does the fulfillment dept make such an EPIC mistake?

Fortunately I got a great Customer Service Rep on the phone who created a replacement order of my original items but this was a MAJOR screw up on Target's end.

25. drpep

drpep Whizzing and pasting and pooting through the day

Me too. Two books I really wanted came up that way so I said screw it. Maybe it’s their way of saying the item is out of stock.