Square Rubber Drive Belts

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ZB79, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZB79

ZB79 Active Member Thread Starter

For all you DIY fixers out there;

Keep those little DVD,CD,DVD RW, Cassette , VCR Drive belts when you toss out your old gear.

End of life of course.

I’ve kept quite a few around and they have saved me a lot of searching and $$$.

As part are getting harder to find, it will keep your gear working, and your sounds humming!

Cheers;

2. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Rubber deteriorates over time, try Russell Industries in NY for replacements.

Curiosity and ZB79 like this.
  3. regore beltomes

regore beltomes Forum Resident

Russell Industries is a great source. Most of their belts are PRB which are superior in construction.

ZB79 likes this.
  4. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

In some cases - in some locales - it might be best to not toss out old gear in unusable form (i.e., stripped of drive belts). Donate still-working unwanted components to Goodwill or Salvation Army or Value Village. Donate non-working components to one of the many refurbishers who can repurpose the devices for donated re-use or low-price resale supporting the many non-profits out there. Many cities have drop-offs and depots for all of that; smaller communities admittedly not so much.

I think that the point is there are still reliable sources for high-quality drive belts of all kinds. I personally have no interest in repairs done with used old belts.

MGW likes this.
  5. ZB79

Thanks, I'll check them out.

6. ZB79

I agree with your sentiments, I'm one of the ones who has refurbished many old semi-working audio/musical gear. I have used perfectly good old belts that have lasted longer than some new ones?
    some belts are $10 a pop it adds up.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Agitater and timind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.