Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Dean R

Dean R Forum Resident

All those albums were put back because no-one knew what the demand would be and when the shops would open.
    At that point of time I could have had an album turned around from delivery of lacquers or master in less that 6 weeks, currently it's five months unless you already have booked capacity.
    Of course all the major's have booked capacity because they put so much business through the plants.
    So as I said no major European release was held up by a factory being closed.
    And currently no CD release is being held up - not by the CD factory or the printer. I can get a CD order in two weeks.
    I'm not saying that Covid isn't delaying anything just that plants being closed wasn't the issue

2. KaptKopter

KaptKopter Forum Resident

They might upload the Andre Gardner show later on to this: Beatles Radio Shows

Normally a 24 hour wait for us Europeans..

3. Solaris Morse

Solaris Morse Forum Resident

More organic and less artificial....that's music to my ears. Thanks for sharing your review, the album sounds even more promising now.

Yorick, Exotiki and James McCartney like this.
  4. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

They did upload last Sunday’s show in there, so there might be a chance! Thanks for the heads up!

KaptKopter likes this.
  5. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

It is beautiful. I posted that back on page 373. LOL! Along with a male singer with his version.

Who Cares and Rob Hughes like this.
  6. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Thanks for the detailed overview. Much appreciated. The first listen is always good. You tend to concentrate more and have that 'it will never sound this fresh, and new ever again' feeling. Suitably jealous here, but pleased to hear some positivity and, from your comments and scoring, realism.

I'm tending skip most things now but I will try to pick out the posts that are uplifting, and yours is. Cheers.

theMess, mrjinks and Yorick like this.
  7. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Had a go, but not available in my area. Sounds like no exclusives though.

8. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

That seems to contain a pic of Paul on the horse .

9. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

well, i didn't buy the "Flowers" box....BUT, I WOULD buy THAT!!!

Sean Murdock and Fortuleo like this.
  10. Joao Carlos

Joao Carlos Forum Resident

Some shows, not all of them. When he started doing that, the album was side by side with Eminem. So, one or other show he did that and certainly helped that.

Tracey likes this.
  11. brettb33

brettb33 Forum Resident

I’m actually with you. The music sounds like what rich kids think rap is. Plus, the exaltation of Hamilton as a historical figure is problematic in a number of ways.

12. Joao Carlos

Joao Carlos Forum Resident

I will buy one version only (vinyl and cd)

Fabsmith and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  13. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Is this your first day here on the Forums? :)

14. Who Cares and Bemagnus like this.
  15. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

I for one am put off by all the many versions of McCartney III and cancelled my order. At his age, and with his legacy, why not just let the music do the talking? It seems obvious MPL going all out to manufacture a #1 album but if that happens it will ring hollow with me. If I hear some of the music and like it, I will buy a copy. Also, does anyone else wonder about why the release date was moved to Dec. 18. Could there be a surprise digital release on Dec. 11 of the Plastic Ono Band 50th? Dec. 11 is the actual anniversary date. Just a thought.

dormouse and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  16. Cat People

Cat People Forum Resident

Is this a new artist? I've just ordered the album. Is he any good? :unhunh:

Who Cares and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  17. jacden

jacden Senior Member

He's OK. Wrote a few good tunes in the 70s but no-one knows who he is now. ;)

jlf and Sargon like this.
  18. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I know that Kylie’s album was mostly recorded in lockdown as she has spoken about it whilst promoting the album. She recorded her own vocals at home and engineered the album herself whilst isolating, of course these things are possible these days what with the technology and stuff. I imagine that Paul has his own studio set up permanently to use anytime he wants, depending on where he was isolating of course.

19. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

That would be FANTASTIC. The POB remixes I heard on the Gimme Some Truth reissues were Amazing and left me wanting to hear the whole album. The original had too much hiss.

20. Ringo Hendrix

Yeah I mean he worked with that Wanye Kest guy, he got pretty high in the charts

....Or maybe he just got really high :angel:

jacden likes this.
  21. Ringo Hendrix

joshbrf likes this.
  22. joshbrf

joshbrf Forum Resident

It seems to be the only constant “ehh.. it was ok” track

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  23. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Thanks Yorick! So much anticipation for what sounds like a real good to great record

Yorick likes this.
  24. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Wrote a few good tunes in his 70's as well!

Paperback Writer and jacden like this.
  25. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

New or old I hear he’s become quite a colorful character. ;)

Floater and Max Wilbury like this.