Strictly for fans of Audio Note UK (all things Audio Note UK)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Richard Austen, Mar 19, 2015.

1. John Mee

John Mee Forum Resident

I have been working with Nick for several years and NOBODY but Nick touches my stuff, even non-AN. I doubt there is anybody more competent or fair...

Acapella48, Don Parkhurst and Tlay like this.
  2. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident Thread Starter

My phono stage started buzzing in the M1 I am reviewing (also in the M3 I had) and the tubes were fine. I already traded in the M3 but the M1 I have solved the issue with a few attempts. I use a few power bars and so I changed what I was plugging the M1 into - on a different wall socket and also the direction of the power bars. The phono noise dropped like 90%. I also but my DAC and Turntable much closer to the M1 Phono - you would think that would be worse not better but for whatever reason it works better.

The problem with internal phono stage is that the best place for them may not be the best place for you preamp. This is why so many preamps are line only and you buy the phono stage and put it somewhere else.

Note: I am in Hong Kong with the three prong UK style plug with 13a fuse built into the power connector. I am using an ISIS modified power bar. Which is just a regular power bar where the dealer replaced the cord with ISIS cable.

It might be worth fiddling around with this to try and get rid of the noise. Put the M5 in a different location and with different connections. I have the DAC and turntable and M1 all on the same power bar going to one wall outlet at the other end of the room and my Empress Silvers on another power bar connected to a different wall socket. I even run a very long cord from my bedroom to the living room to connect the TV and Cable and Google home etc. Trying to keep things somewhat separate. So far it has worked. When the M6 comes in I hope it still works.

roole likes this.
  3. roole

roole Forum Resident

Yeah, he said nothings unusual.
    Thanks, Richard.

4. slcaudiophile

slcaudiophile Forum Resident

more JINRO love. we hooked it back up for the Holiday in our break-in room and we are in complete amazement yet again. this time using the E-SEC Signatures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Acapella48, EricMack, finn and 10 others like this.
  5. Chris.p.l

Chris.p.l Forum Resident

Hello,

I am testing an Inteconnect AN-V between the Dac2.1x Sig and the OTO Phono SE Sig.
    The AN-V replaces a Lexus.
    When you change a cable on your AN system, do you slightly change the placement of the speakers?

Thank you

6. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Forum Resident

Wait 100 hours before changing anything. The burn-in time is longer than many people believe

finn and J.Uotila like this.
  7. finn

finn Forum Resident

If the AN-V is new then most likely you will be initially preferring your Lexus with the exception of the upper midrange with the V as have greater presence and articulation but the highs and lower bass being recessed, illuminated but at the back of the stage. If you persevere , then as Fred mentioned correctly , they will begin to emerge from the shadows and cohabit front and centre with the mids which also gain in palpability given time. Litz cables present this way and the more strands, the longer the process. Generally I use a cd on repeat in order to better get an idea of the changes as they alter but that's appropriate for me given I have to try and explain the process to customers and what they should expect.

8. Marchino

Marchino Forum Resident

I am going to sell all my Audio Note gear, is there a market place on this forum ?

9. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

There is but i think only when you received some awards (like on posts etc).

Marchino likes this.
  10. NielsSS

NielsSS Forum Resident

You could also try Audio-Markt. Probably more relevant in Continental Europe.

Marchino likes this.
  11. Marchino

Marchino Forum Resident

I know this place, I have put some things there yet. Thanks

NielsSS likes this.
  12. RemyM

RemyM Forum Resident

What are you selling?

13. Marchino

Marchino Forum Resident

M3 phono last model from march this year and Empress Silver from april this year and a pair of Isis speaker link, AN E's just have been sold, I switched to Ypsilon Phaethon + Ypsilon VPS 100 phono.

dogilv, Salectric and RemyM like this.
  14. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

That looks like very cool gear I was just reading about it, there's really a lot of interestingly designed gear coming out of Europe these days.

15. slcaudiophile

16. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

17. rbholbrook

rbholbrook Forum Resident

Also there’s a FB post from the 27th about the new belt drive CD player. Curious if anyone on the forum that can say so publicly was lucky enough to have been a beta tester or has heard it in person?

18. slcaudiophile

the new belt drive will do for CD what the TT3 does for analog playback.

the main take away is it removes most of then mechanical harshness typically associated with CD playback.

19. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

I don't see any ethernet ... That would also be opening a whole new can of worms for AN, since with an ethernet input, one would also expect e.g. Roon certification, whereas with USB they don't even need to develop drivers as none of their DACs go beyond 96 kHz.

jonwoody likes this.
  20. finn

finn Forum Resident

I'll let you know when I get my CDT4 back from the factory, it's over there hopefully being farnarkled as I type. The correspondence with PQ about the difference in sound over the stock pro 2 mechanism was sufficient to take a punt. Even to this day, I have no idea how much it will cost and no idea when to expect it back so the leap of faith was pretty big.

What was that about a cult.........?

Just kidding......

kessi, Don Parkhurst, NapaBob and 6 others like this.
  21. slcaudiophile

pricing will be similar to LEXUS digital with the P type connector.

22. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

23. finn

finn Forum Resident

just for something completely different, the puppy survives and we have woman and young girls who know how to deal with wildlife in suburbia.
    Now back to normal audio discussion.....

Don Parkhurst and Fred Hansen like this.
  24. BettisDad

BettisDad Forum Resident

Just got back from an afternoon listening to a Tt3 with a Psu4 at my AN dealer. All I can say is WOW. I’ve heard it with the Psu 1 and 3 but the 4 is just a completely different level. It was running through a Meishu Tonmeister into AnJ lx speakers (the same as I own).

25. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

I agree. Seems to me that getting the information off the record is important as nothing down the line will improve it. Investing in speed control and a cartridge are key to that.

Don Parkhurst and jonwoody like this.