Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

Though frowned upon by this forum by some, I added a center speaker since this is my only speaker system at home ;)

[​IMG]

JUCO, barfko, Kyhl and 60 others like this.
  2. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @souladdikt I hope it's ok for me to repost this picture. My last post made no sense because of a brain fart on my part lol. Was asking opinions on this color when I renovate the room. Bottom picture is my room

barfko, OldSoul, mktracy and 33 others like this.
  3. FalseMetal666

FalseMetal666 Forum Resident

Nice. What audio goes into the center channel? Summed L+R?

4. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Generally: Home theater = dialogue or mono 1.0 , vocals for surround music.

PhilBiker likes this.
  5. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

I use it only for home theatre. My Anthem AVR plumbs in through my Line Magnetic amp so I can switch the center channel on and off. On for netflix and youtube, off for 2 channel music :)

PhilBiker, AlmanacZinger and bajaed like this.
  6. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Ok, dude. First you had an all Ascend rig before I did and now you've got an Anthem AVR before I do. Do you have any more premonitions of my future music gear? (I'm doing budgeting for the future and would like to know).

timind likes this.
  7. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Do you have the sub activated the same way? (only for HT?)

8. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

Haha if you went the way that I did then you might go Focal or Spendor after your Ascend's. As for Amps... boy, I went through a lot.

1. Anthem
    2. Primaluna
    3. Lyngdorf
    4. Luxman 509X and 590AXII
    5. Line Magnetic 805ia
    6. Gryphon Diablo 300 (incoming)

And for DAC/steamers:

1. Apple TV
    2. PS Audio Directstream Junior
    3. Lumin T2

As for sub, no it's always on. It's plugged in through my Line Magnetic amp.

9. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

I had one of those for a good 10 years from the mid-70's to mid-80's. I ran a Stanton 681EEE and credit the table and cartridge for why so many of my old records still sound great today.

agerstone likes this.
  10. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I actually peeked into Focal before my run with Totem, which preceded my landing in Ascend HQ. (The Focals weren't for me, or my set-up rather). Not familiar with Spendor.

For me the Anthem will be strictly for AVR duties. I figure it's kind of the best of the AVR lot (within my price range anyway).

As for Ascend, it's my go to for the specific qualities I want out of my music, given the mix 'n match nature of my gear (Fisher vintage tube amp, Polk sub (until I can try REL or Rythmik), Schiit DAC and pre-amp, Anthem/Yamaha AVR, Foobar2000 + FLACs) and the my sources (mostly CDs).

In many ways it came down to the nature of taming the worst of post-Loudness Wars CD using my amp, DAC and speakers (i.e.tweeters) in the space I had at the time (with regards to good sound with limited treatments in a boxy, hardwood floored room and, yes, even the aesthetics in speaker and treatment placement). Various lines of Ascend speakers hit all the marks I needed, in the best way, in my price range. And also played well with the range of music genres I listen to.

And the ability to possible upgrade rather than buy a new set of speakers gives some added comfort. The modular design of some of Ascend and Schiit's gear is not to be overlooked in times when tech upgrades happen so quickly.

But still if I ever hit higher echelon's of $$$, there are other brands I'll look to try.

11. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

My current set up.

[​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, Kyhl and 47 others like this.
  12. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Even your treatments look like speakers. For a second I thought it was some next-level ATMOS stuff. :laugh:

bever70 likes this.
  13. jcmusic

jcmusic Forum Resident

I thought I had posted a pic in this thread but, I guess I hadn't so here it is....

Current Setup II.jpg

rocnred, ex_mixer, mktracy and 7 others like this.
  14. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

Wow, that’s a lot of stuff.....

jcmusic likes this.
  15. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

Nice. Are the power tubes Emission Labs? They look like it ...

jcmusic likes this.
  16. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

NICE !!! I lusted after the de Capos for a long time, but have moved into high power SS and tower speakers ... I bet that sounds fantastic.

MarioHead likes this.
  17. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Lashed everything together ... yeah sloppy wiring for now. Blasting Rush 2112 40th Anni CD.

Sounds great ... EXCEPT my RH Silver 8’s tweeter isn’t working :( :realmad: :shake: :help:

Ack. Gonna look into troubleshooting. Seems all drivers are held in place with a rear screw. Not gonna do anything until I verify, but suspect that loosening the screw behind the tweeter will allow the tweeter to be removed from the enclosure and checked for connections. Then thinking the speaker connection at the lower rear would allow access to the crossover? Oh well things sound great otherwise. Soundstage is skewed highly toward the left though, ugh.

OldSoul, PhilBiker, james and 11 others like this.
  18. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

I started a separate thread about troubleshooting the Silver 8 tweeter, thanks.

19. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

Awesome Adcom!

20. jcmusic

jcmusic Forum Resident

Yes they are 45 solid plates....

Encore likes this.
  21. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Sorry about all the posts but I hooked up my mighty 300B SETs to my 20+ year old Titus monitors (with upgraded tweeter high pass filter, the mid-woofer runs flat out, no filter). Sounds glorious, using Sewell 12ga wires.

Def gonna get some AP Oval 12 for these babies. Thinking I’ll keep them. Pending tweeter repair of RH Silver 8 (alternate system using A 21 amp) ...

I do need to adjust tilt of LH monitor stand ...

[​IMG]

This is with Rush “A Farewell to Kings” 40th Anni CD playing. Loud enough for me. :agree: :D :angel: :cool: :righton:

22. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

Nice! I'm sure it sounds as awesome as it looks! What app is that if I may ask?

23. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

dB Meter, free, on iPhone.

24. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

YEEEESSSSSSSS !!!
    Fixed my Silver 8 tweeter. Broken wire, actually broken push-on female spade lug. Rocking out to Dave Matthews Band “Crash” ... it’s been >5 years since I had a high end system set up. OMG it’s nice to be BACK !!!

The detail and staging is amazing, It does seem a bit more detailed than the 300 B/Titus monitor system as expected. Bass detail is amazing, I have the mighty AP Oval 9 cables lashing the A 21 to the Silver 8s. Ordered some Oval 12 for the Tituses, plus Oval 12 jumpers for the biwire terminals. I have another pair of the jumpers for the 8s, haven’t installed those yet.

Oh yeah, some AP power cords for the tube amps too. Can’t disadvantage the 300B SET/Titus system after all! Have Shunyata Viper cords on the Parasound P 7 and A 21.

Blissful at the moment ... :cool: :winkgrin: :love: :wiggle:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    OldSoul, souladdikt, timind and 7 others like this.
  25. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

Thanks!

Rick58 likes this.