What stereo gear are you planning to purchase in 2021?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LeeS, Dec 4, 2020.

1. russk

russk Forum Resident

New phono cartridge, a Dynavector 10x5 mk2, and a new pair of speakers. I’m leaning strongly toward the L82 or the Spendor A4.

Ivand, grbluen, DavidR and 1 other person like this.
  2. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Just going to be sitting here watching the progress of Class D amplification I have a sneaky suspicion it’s gonna take off like a rocket soon. If the right thing comes along then I might just end up twisting my arm.......

3. Lowgroove

Lowgroove Forum Resident

Trying to have a quiet year in 2021 (saving for big ticket items in future years).

However I probably need to replace my cartridge (Dynavector XX2) in 2021. Very happy with this one so possibly just a like for like replacement - although Ortofon Cadenze Bronze looks interesting.

Also if they have a sale on Chord Mojo/Poly like they did in 2019 I might be tempted.

grbluen likes this.
  4. vinnn

vinnn Forum Resident

New phono cartridge, probably going to be a Rega Ania or Ania Pro.

Dan Steele and grbluen like this.
  5. CMT

CMT Forum Resident

None. I did all my buying in 2020. Done. Satisfied. Although, eventually, I'll need to replace the stylus in my main set-up. No more gear, though. Just more music.

6. Jim N.

Jim N. 2024 is 1968 sans the great music

Got an early start this past Black Friday with a Core Power Equi=Core and a Deep=Core unit from Underwood HiFi. For 2021 probably a set of LSA HP-2 cans. Possibly a DAC upgrade from my Gumby.

grbluen and Monty12 like this.
  7. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident

8. jboersma

jboersma Tower of Power

Need a transport. Also, looking at headphone dac/amp solution for the desk. Might get a new set of headphones, but hoping to put that off for another year.

grbluen likes this.
  9. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

A new CD player and maybe a phono stage upgrade. But I may do those things in 2020, so that will hopefully mean nothing for 2021.

grbluen likes this.
  10. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I'm thinking about an Audioquest Niagara 1200 and an Audioquest Monsoon power cable to replace my 25 year old Adcom ACE515 A/C Enhancer.

grbluen likes this.
  11. tIANcI

tIANcI Wondering when the hifi madness will end

I’m targeting the Cary Audio SLP-05 preamp. Perhaps a good CDP too like the SA-10. That would be enough for 2021. With that it completes my system. Perhaps a much better DAC in 2022. Something like the MSB.

grbluen likes this.
  12. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

A recent find of a stack of CDs found in the trash got me thinking that perhaps I should invest more in finding good music instead of buying new gear. Nevertheless I'm thinking about the TEAC PE-505 phono stage because....well...I don't know, it's not that I really need a phono stage but...

13. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

Unless something breaks, nothing. A pair of NHT SuperZero 2.1's, my 1210GR and a VM95ML cart were all bought at the end of last year.

grbluen, ayrehead and klockwerk like this.
  14. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

I have ordered Wyred4Sound mAmp class D monoblocks - they might not arrive this year - may arrive in 2021. I have also ordered an Audio Note M6 Phono Balanced Preamp which may also not arrive this year.

Audio Note M6 Phono Balanced

Wyred4Sound mAmp

[​IMG]
    A review Wyred4Sound mAMP review (Part 2 – w/ mPRE) | Darko.Audio

grbluen, jonwoody, Rick58 and 3 others like this.
  15. doctor fuse

doctor fuse Forum Resident

I think I want to get an old Linn ASAK LOMC cartridge with a broken cantilever retipped. Not sure who there is to do it though.

Suggestions?

grbluen likes this.
  16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Who gives a Schiit?

2trackmind, Tim 2 and Tone? like this.
  17. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident

At this point any day above ground is a good day.

bdfin, klockwerk, MikeJedi and 3 others like this.
  18. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

• A pair of floor-standing speakers....around $600/pair
    • A dedicated CD/SACD player....currently eyeing the Denon DCD-1600NE
    • Maybe a pair of NHT SuperZero 2.1s

grbluen and MayoStudenT like this.
  19. GyroT

GyroT Forum Resident

A new room in a very old town house, built in 1923 so in need of a lot of TLC. As a result we can't move in until September next year. High ceilings and hard floors, so who knows what it's going to sound like. Hoping not to have to spend on panels and that packing it with furniture will do the job. Probably have to spend on the stuff that gets broken during the move and that's the kind of thinking that can get a man into trouble.
    Merry Christmas to all SH members and let's hope 2021 is less dramatic so we can get on with some enjoyable listening.

Doctor Fine and doctor fuse like this.
  20. Rayvano

Rayvano Forum Resident

We’re moving in february, and i convinced my wife to buy new gear.

Nad M33 with a pair of Dali Epicons 2.

21. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

My DC offset blocker has arrived earlier then planned. All set for the next year and beyond. Will buy more records.

grbluen likes this.
  22. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Would like to put together a vintage system this year, not to replace the current systems.
    Also looking to add a second Ultra Cube-10 sub to my garage system, no longer made so I'm watching for a used one.
    [​IMG]

grbluen likes this.
  23. DavidR

DavidR Forum Resident

What blocker did you buy?

24. motorstereo

motorstereo Forum Resident

Barring equipment failures none; I'm hoping to sell several pieces though.

grbluen and Dale A B like this.
  25. LakeMountain

LakeMountain Vinyl surfer

The new iFi phono3 stage, if the good reviews keep coming in AND no reports of failures!

grbluen likes this.