Cancelled Television Shows - Ongoing

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, May 22, 2020.

1. Yeah, I’ve been watching since the first season and really look forward to it each week. Sorry to see it go although it’s a bit expected with America Ferrera’s departure. The show has great writing and acting.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Next was canceled in October after the second episode, they're just showing the remaining episodes that were already completed.

Atmospheric and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

and rightfully so..................just pathetic, in every sense of the word.

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

she is a very pretty lady, i'm truly surprised she hasn't done much much more.

5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Maybe the right person hasn't asked her yet...:angel:

OH - you mean, "more acting"...? Check her imdb filmography, and you'll see she's had lots of work.

6. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

I've watched Superstore from the beginning. I've always thought it was okay, just okay. I'm not must see tv for me, but I'll have it on while I'm doing the weekly crossword. Some funny moments. Some good characters and good acting, some not so good. I'd say my least favorite character and actor is the lead, Ferrera. Just don't like the way she delivers her lines, never have. Not big on the male lead either, Ben Feldman. I've always gotten a kick out of the supporting case, which at times is the lead cast the way that show works. I always cracked up at the Cheyenne/Bo lines.

Shawn likes this.
  7. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

Believe it or not, it's one of the most watched shows

8. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I know it is, but it’s a show that’s been on for way too long and it just needs to end.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

my wife wanted to watch 'nurses', and there was nothing else on and i wasn't tired yet, so...........

what a stinkfest that show is.

acted like a high school play and written by a 9th grade drama class,

10. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Well it looks like the new Weakest Link became it's own weakest link and is gone. They missed last Monday and this upcoming Monday too so I guess it's gone. Along with The Wall.

The Voice will never go away or all those dumb Chicago shows that have been on for the last 30 years.

And how about that awful show Superstore? Should have been gone after the first episode.

11. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

The (mostly excellent) Superstore had a good run. I figured the departure of America Ferrera would be the end.

I suspect CBS' "Mom" will meet the same fate (with the exit of Anna Faris).

That pretty much leaves Brooklyn 99 as the only DVR-worthy (non-animated) sitcom on traditional network TV for me.

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

weakest link - absolutely horrible. didn't take contestants long to learn to get rid of the smart people first. jane lynch, plain and simple, was NOT the least bit humorous. her 2 (always 2) canned responses bordered on stupidity.

the wall - might have actually been the worst show ever on TV. they give 5 free ones that give you free money, and then, after all the ********, they give you 5 more that you HAVE to use that automatically takes your money away. it kind of made what you did in between pointless. and the contestants were ALWAYS people with sad ,or heart wrenching, backstories.

the voice, AGT, masked singer: etal - all because of the dumbing down of america and finding a way to entertain them with something they can watch without having to use their brains.

have any you seen 'supermarket sweep"? - the hostess - leslie jones - screams everything, literally screams and slurs words on purpose. remarkable ....who, and why, in the world hired her?

and of the 4 'new' shows i've watched: nurses, transplant, big sky and next: only transplant is even close to being watchable, but it is over now, and probably won't come back. and i think that both ''transplant' and 'nurses' are filmed in canada.

network TV is in a bad way right now, very bad.

"R" Ed and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  13. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Yup. I'd buy that for a dollar.

I hate these reality "talent" competitions. I just hate the whole idea of it. Of course "talent" invariably means someone with a good singing voice. Gawd, America is so superficial.

I'm still bummed about Stumptown. A good but not (great yet) show that will never get a chance.

I thought Filthy Rich was actually pretty darned good. I have no idea why that got canceled. Perhaps satire requires more brain power than audiences have at the moment.

The 911 franchise. The original is so much better in every way than the Texas spinoff. But OK, still not great. OMG, Liv Tyler cannot act at all. At. All. She is her generation's Andy McDowell. And the writing is flat out lame. I wish I could award demerits for each cliche used: "failure is not an option," "with all due respect," et al. Who are these writers? They should hand in their SAG card.

At least Prime and Netflix will be producing more Bosch, Jack Ryan, The Crown, Mrs. Maisel, et al. These shows are all good to great IMO. Bosch is a masterpiece that stands up to repeated viewing. But this next season will be the last. Ryan? Harmless fun done pretty well but I'll take it over NCIS level procedurals any day.

14. Waterloo17

Waterloo17 Forum Resident

I don’t think it has anything to do with the “dumbing down” of the audience. The “prestige” tv shows have always had much smaller audiences. Their viewers are just more vocal on the internet. Most viewers aren’t looking for an intellectual challenge, just entertainment.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Good Girls is pretty decent. And still on.

Matthew Tate and marmalade166 like this.
  16. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

thats not a sitcom though

17. MikaelaArsenault

18. MikaelaArsenault

19. MikaelaArsenault

20. I never paid Superstore any mind until today, when i starting watching almost by accident- I mistook it for another sitcom set in a box store, got sucked in, and am already well into season 2. Not laugh out loud funny and occasionally annoying, but the cast is good overall and it’s entertaining to follow their interactions and hijinks. When it goes off the air shortly I’ll be more than primed.

21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

22. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

So VERY happy to hear that Jane Lynch got booted on "The Weakest Link". I can't put a finger on it, but I can't stand her. She is just so damn pompous and almost mean-spirited, as is Ellen on her "Game Of Games" (or whatever that silly show is called?) Game shows are supposed to be entertaining and are usually fun, Jane and Ellen provide none of that in my opinion.

23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I never seen Ellen's "Game of Games" series, but I remember her HGTV series "Ellen's Design Challenge". IMO, she didn't act like a jerk on that one.

24. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

can't believe they have cancelled NCIS: New Orleans ! this year sucks ! I am seeing rumors Scott Bakula is going back to Star Trek? i doubt this very much !

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. MikaelaArsenault

I'm not seeing any articles about Jane Lynch getting booted on The Weakest Link.