Japan - Quiet Life Deluxe (Jan 2020?)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BigManRestless, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Paul Rymer

Paul Rymer Forum Resident

Unlikely. Early 1980 it is very uptempo with a prominent sax part. Late 1980/early 81 it is almost totally transformed - slow, lots of dub FX.

Beamish13 likes this.
  2. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Good news this, especially as its an expanded edition, not just the vinyl reissue. Assumed as its badged as a half speed remaster, we are talking Miles Showell again at Abbey Road. The GTP press was amazing.

Was very pleased to read, finally...

European Son (Steve Nye 12” Remix Version 1982)

...is included on CD, hopefully not a vinyl rip or one in mono this time

Pre-ordered at Amazon UK quick-smart.

3. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

There’s a whisper there will be a potential option to order through BMG in due course.
    I’m locking in a price/pre-order with Amazon, that I could cancel should there be any freebies with a BMG order. Or an Ultravox type super-duper deluxe.

samwisefan and englishbob like this.
  4. pauluz

pauluz Forum Resident

Chris Bernhardt and englishbob like this.
  5. JRCJOHNNY99

JRCJOHNNY99 Well-Known Member

Seems like all the Amazon links are dead now?

6. englishbob

7. englishbob

For something that is supposedly out in just over a month, some piss poor promotion so far from all I'd say, the only info was from that Music Tap article.

Markyp and Munros1969 like this.
  8. JRCJOHNNY99

9. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

10. englishbob

Worked for me

11. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

When did it work for you? (Love your avatar! Creme Brûlée rocks!)

12. Justin Case

Justin Case Forum Resident

I pre ordered using the link I posted in #108. Just had a check in my book of British Hit Albums and Singles and found that Quiet Life (album), only reached no. 53 in the UK charts. I thought they were more popular. I know they were in 1982 or so when they split.

13. pauluz

pauluz Forum Resident

They were certainly more popular in Japan than the UK in 1980. The UK music press were less forgiving and slated the look and the music. Basically, the UK just didn't get it, and with a music scene dominated by gritty post punk bands, ska/2tone and mod revival, it's no surprise.

14. englishbob

Pre-Order box still working now. Maybe it won't ship to a US address?

ejluther likes this.
  15. Paul Rymer

There's been no official announcement yet as the whole thing has been delayed until March. There may be some kind of bundle deal through BMG's own store so I suggest people hang on for now. It won't be out in January.

16. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

Hmmm

I think I will stick with the MOV 2011 3LP vinyl reissue - Quiet Life album reissued + 2LP's of remixes, b sides.

Japan - Quiet Life

This new reissue is much the same except you get a live album - Pass.

17. englishbob

I'm hoping this new version beats that one on sound quality, but time will tell. Certainly the Half Speed Cut of GTP is the best sounding version of the album I've heard, so my hopes are high with this latest reissue.

If you are comparing track-for-track from what you've already got, then these emperors new clothes will matter not.

ejluther likes this.
  18. JRCJOHNNY99

Ah! yes, when I changed the delivery address to a UK one it did come up with an order button, but says 1 disc....

tin ears likes this.
  19. Andrewb

Andrewb Claiming squatter's rights

Hmm, had my order for the 4 disc edition with Amazon.it cancelled by them with no explanation as to why although it still remains listed but without being able to pre-order.

20. Topcheeseman

Topcheeseman Forum Resident

I have had this happen along with orders from Amazon IT/DE/FR - must be Brexit or COVID related.

longdist01 likes this.
  21. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I think it's a miracle if fruit will reach the UK in the next weeks, CDs from Europe are definitely a lower priority.

I think it is very likely that for a period of time Amazon will not let UK customers buy from EU sites as they would need to deal with customs declarations and all the rest whose cost at the moment is not factored in the shipping charges.
    Keep in mind that the sale will need to be VAT free so that VAT can be applied in the UK and collected by the British government; this will be applicable even under £15 if I understand correctly.

In short, we are about to be swamped by red tape and higher costs.
    Sorry about going off the tangent, I am furious tonight...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  22. RevUp64

RevUp64 Forum Resident

Not having gotten an order in previously, I'm not finding anywhere to place an order now. Is there any updated information regarding the revised release date that we know of? I can't find any new info myself and want to be sure I don't miss this one, as it's one of my favorite albums.

23. RS2099

RS2099 Forum Resident

Would love to get this. Big fan of Japan.

24. Paul Rymer

Release date is now apparently March 12th, still no official announcement but will be very soon. Nobody has missed out on anything.

25. Mikewest

Mikewest Forum Resident

They’re all essential including the 1st two albums ,really !