Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5/2020

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

I am not crazy enough to go to a screening at a cinema right now. Thankfully we have a Drive in close by.

2. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

I always go to the movies on Christmas, usually a late morning show, then go off to do whatever is happening that day. Movies later in the day generally sell out around here - it gets jam packed in theaters here on Christmas.

(Won’t be going this year, though.)

Veronica Mars likes this.
  3. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I don't think I had seen that poster from the first film. I assume they used this comic book cover as inspiration:

[​IMG]

marmalade166 and Chris DeVoe like this.
  4. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

Did you guys rent out the whole theater? (“Entourage order,” “organized by.”)

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

"Entourage" is just the system AMC set up so 2 people with A-List accounts can get seats together.

Before they introduced that option, you'd have to coordinate with your friend - you'd have to essentially both buy tickets at the same time through your separate accounts.

"Entourage" allows one A-List member to "purchase" for both. It's very helpful!

brownie61 and Chris DeVoe like this.
  6. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

It also lets us sit together. If we bought our tickets separately, there would be buffer seats between us.

brownie61 likes this.
  7. Oatsdad

Actually, with the current COVID restrictions on seating, you might be better off ordering tickets separately.

That'd give you a big buffer zone, and you can still sit together - it's not like anyone would enforce your pre-ordered seats...

8. Chris DeVoe

That is a good point. Given that there's nobody within four rows, we're not terribly worried, but if it looks like there's going to be more than five other people in the theater, I'll do as you suggest.

Oatsdad likes this.
  9. Oatsdad

Yeah, it's not likely to be an issue most of the time, given how sparse attendance has been. But just in case...! :shh:

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  10. Chris DeVoe

I just thought about this and you're right. If we normally sit in seats three and four, I could reserve seat number three and Vickie could reserve seat number six. My buffer zones would be two and four, and hers could be five and seven. And of course the row behind us is ordinarily automatically blocked out. Here's our current reservation:

[​IMG]

11. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

12. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Read somewhere today that the first film is gonna receive some sort of remaster in the way of IMAX and full screen with some colour adjustments ......... and possibly a few extra bits of unseen footage............... but can't seem to find the story now!

13. Oatsdad

The 2017 movie is already running on IMAX screens as a "revival"...

Chris DeVoe and Quadboy like this.
  14. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

We get HBO Max for free (via HBO/Verizon) so we have a double feature (w/Pixar's 'Soul') on Xmas day.

Note to animation fans: HBO Max has the complete run of Looney Tunes cartoons from 1931-1990
    divided into 31 'Seasons' as well as the new 2020 series.

15. Chris DeVoe

We saw it in an IMAX theater this last week. It looked and sounded great.

Chrome_Head and Oatsdad like this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Chris DeVoe likes this.
  17. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

19. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Cant wait!

20. Oatsdad

I plan to see it Thursday. I normally don't like to go to theatrical screenings of movies I own, but with A-List... why not?

BTW, apparently AMC had some kind of "WW84" event today. I noticed none of the local AMCs had anything listed on their IMAX screens, which I thought was odd.

I went to see "War With Grandpa" - :hurl: - and noticed a listing for a "Stubs IMAX" screening of "WW84".

No idea what the heck that was about. I'm an A-List member, which makes me in "Stubs" too, so shouldn't I have been able to access this?

Footnote: apparently you had to access this through a Gofobo invitation. I'm on that mailing list but I usually ignore those emails.

Either I got the invite and deleted it or I didn't get the invite.

No worry - I'll see it soon enough! :cool:

21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Saw the commercial for this yesterday. Looked great. Would love to see it on an IMAX screen but I don't think that will be happening.

22. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Went to see it today, but film got pulled due to new lockdown. :(

23. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I watched the film earlier today. The story is really good, the performances are fine and everyone be sure to wait for the extra scene that comes after the movie ends but before the credits over the dark screen.

I'm not going to say what that extra scene is about, but it was a huge surprise for me... and apparently for everyone else in the theater, as they started cheering and there was lots of applause.

[​IMG]

Quadboy likes this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

sunspot42 likes this.
  25. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

That's some cover image!
    [​IMG]

yamfox and Jrr like this.