uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

So to answer my own inquiry: I received my order today. Both the Lennon box and the Marley box were there. In case anyone was wondering if they still ship 'Sold Out' items after the fact, looks like they do!

Some timing on the Lennon set too, this being 12/8 and all.

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, that’s good news. I had a feeling that would be the case but obviously you never can tell with these jokers... glad you got your stuff!

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

:rant:

4. hutlock

Wow that’s horrendous. Sorry dude. Hope they fix you up in a hurry.

5. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Has anyone ever spoken to a helpful human at Udiscover on the phone?
    I got a few issues I'd like to discuss, and usually find I get best results when able to deploy my charming phone manner. ;)
    Serious question - if anyone has a number that doesn't lead to robots or Phillipino call centre, please provide it.

6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

My order “shipped” last week but the tracking is still in limbo waiting pickup Sigh.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  7. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

This may because they use UPS Mail Innovations. My order allegedly shipped on the 5th, but there were no tangible updates until yesterday.

8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah i think so, always takes forever when companies use the ups service that relies on usps too.
    i also think ups is behind on pickups, had another package from a different place "ship" and it took 2weeks for ups to pick it up. they claimed the problem was with ups.

9. hutlock

Yeah, UPS and USPS are both behind by several days at best. With the massive increase in shipping going on everywhere because of the pandemic, none of these carriers were prepared for the holiday rush. UPS and FedEx aren’t as far behind as USPS, but they are all certainly behind.

10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

its very dependent on the state its coming from too, since california has gone into big lockdowns again things slowed down. but a package from the east coast i'm getting super fast.

hutlock likes this.
  11. hutlock

Oh definitely. But I’m smack in the middle of the Midwest and USPS is currently sitting on 8 parcels of mine that are all a minimum of a week late. Ugh.

12. Zensound

Zensound Forum Resident

My spouse works at the local USPS plant and said trucks are not even able to unload due to amount of backlog packages.
    It seems UPS and FedEx both raised rates and Amazon is so behind they dumped their excess to USPS as well which has help create this logjam.

13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Not to mention the antics of Louis DeJoy!

Briskit, stinsojd, BeSteVenn and 5 others like this.
  14. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

It's been 10 days since the last response on my big order that arrived completely damaged - they said they'd look in and get back to me with a solution. That response came 8 days after my initial email to them. I know they say don't follow up as that pushes you back further but...18 days without any actual response yet. Woof.

15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I've seen a LOT of posts like this over on the Amazon sellers forums, trucks full just sitting some stuff is 4 & 5 weeks behind just sitting (depending on the state) & sellers are losing their shirts as Amazon is refunding customers :shake:

16. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

I'm experiencing this. I've got a lot of discogs orders sitting in Los Angeles waiting to go out. Because I'm in Arizona a lot of my stuff heads out to cali first, due to the closer of some centers in my state. Orders that I've mailed that have avoided cali are getting delivered much faster.

As a buyer I'm experiencing the same on the receiving end. All of my stuff is taking weeks regardless of who I order from.

My Bob Marley box shipped UPS with the USPS last mile last week and its going to show after xmas. There is just no way I get it earlier than that.

17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I've certainly had the same problems getting stuff i buy and stuff i shipped out getting stuck , stuff that would normally take a week or less sometimes sits midway for 3 - 5 weeks Until i start calling & open up a missing package case .
    It started sometime in july & it seemed to get better last month but now it's now worse than ever , next few weeks are going to be rough i'm sure , I hope things get better in the new year .

18. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Wow, finally got an e-mail with those magic words, "Your order is on the way" (order placed 11/2). Anybody else still waiting, I hope you get your good news SOON!

19. poidog

poidog Senior Member

It really should be "on the way".
    In quotes. I got that email on 12/4 about the Marley set. It got picked up by UPS 12/8. It's now 12/10 and it's still in TN.

superstar19 likes this.
  20. Briskit

I don't even live in America, but yeah - feck that guy!

Biff Jones, Alan G, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  21. Briskit

So I got a bit of sunshine from Udiscover this morning.
    I'm finding being effusively pleasent in my correspondence is getting good results:
    Had recieved more delay notices, but then also discovered my order was over the import threshold for Australia, and was going to attract heavy taxes/fees/forms and other unpleasentries.
    Gave Udiscover a list of 7 items to remove from my order - and they did it!
    Delay problems solved. (Fingers crossed)
    Order now under import threshold - tax problems solved.
    No records yet, but making significant progress.

22. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Anyone know which codes are working right now?

23. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

UD20OFF is currently working for me.

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

nice!

me, i had to send them a very angry e-mail today as it's been an entire month since i first contacted them about a scratched record. of course it's OOS now and all i keep getting is passive-aggressive nonsense implying it's somehow all my fault. they've always been slow, and i've been ok with that, but it's insanity when it takes over a week between replies.

25. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Yeah i have a bunch of records that are “delayed in manufacturing for 3-4 weeks” even though 75% of those are currently in stock at several places including Amazon...