“El Camino- A Breaking Bad Movie” From Creator Vince Gilligan*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parman

parman Music Junkie

I know what you mean but I can't help thinking they left the door open for Jesse to show up again :shh:

Dayfold and HiredGoon like this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Didn’t think EC was in the same magnitude as BCS5. Could be a spin off series with Pinkman in Alaska or Mexico.

3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

MAGNETS BITCH!

stepeanut and alexpop like this.
  4. alexpop

Te he. :D

Scope J likes this.
  5. alexpop

Read a follow up to El Camino based in Alaska, any chance of Walter White appearance?

6. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

It would have to be a flashback, and I'm not sure Aaron Paul can play 24 anymore!

7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Hunter Doohan, the co-star of Your Honour who plays Brian Cranston’s son, also played the teenager version of Aaron Paul’s character during the flashback scenes in Paul’s recent series Truth Be Told. Pretty interesting connection.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think they should've dropped the "Breaking" from the title. :sigh:

9. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Maybe the person who posted that should drop the V from their name :sigh:

10. alexpop

Keeping with the “B”s
    Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul
    Blue Sky ..
    Future Jesse Pinkman tv series

11. alexpop

I’m sure the media would have sold with Breaking Bad: El Camino..

rather than just El Camino.

12. GregM

GregM The expanding man

He was pretty good in this past season of West World, but still playing the same role of someone relatable who's down on his luck, trying to embrace his inner criminal, being manipulated by the people around him, and needing help to put all the pieces together. Pretty much Jesse Pinkman set in the future.

13. alexpop

Better of playing the Pinkman character, more scope there.El Camino left a opening.

14. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Well, he's a good actor but doesn't have much range, and Gilligan is a good producer/creator but seems to want to milk BB rather than coming up with other creations. And audiences seem to be fine with that, although I think they'd be happier just rewatching the glory years of BB.

15. Gems-A-Bems

There really isn’t anything left of that, though. One more season of Saul and that’s the end of it all, right?

16. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Right, I would say there isn't anything left of any of these characters. But folks in this thread think that Gilligan left Jessie an opening at the end of El Camino--that's if we really want to explore the exciting world of meth in Alaska, I guess. Or maybe Jesse turns over a new leaf and goes into some other line of business. Zzzzz. Then there's always more milking of the cow if he wants to go back and eat at the BB trough in New Mexico.

17. Gems-A-Bems

Aside from Saul, the only questions left unanswered for me are what exactly happened with Gretchen, Elliot, and Walt, & is Junior actually Benneke’s kid.

18. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I thought BB made it clear that Gretchen and Elliot were in no real danger. Walt just used those laser pointers to scare them into giving a lot of money to his kids, which presumably they did. I had never considered whether Walt Jr is actually Benneke's kid, but the employment resumption and fling Sky had with Benneke during BB don't seem to support that. In any case, it is inconsequential as the basis of another show. Gilligan struck gold twice with X Files and then the BB/BCS spin-off. He should challenge himself to create something new.

19. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

I don't remember the details now but all of the backstory with Gretchen, Elliot and Walt was explained wasn't it?

I never got the impression that Skylar and Benneke had previously had a physical relationship either. Never entered my head that Junior could be his. Nah, very unlikely I'd say.

20. Gems-A-Bems

Almost none of their backstory was explained. If I remember correctly Gretchen says something about being left somewhere by him. The altar, maybe?

I think she dishonesty framed it as his having gotten “handsy at a Christmas party” to Marie, but it seemed clear to me there was a previous physical relationship between them

21. Gems-A-Bems

I totally agree with both your points.

22. alexpop

:righton:

23. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

This is the backstory, all revealed at various points in the show:
    "Gretchen was born into a wealthy family and at one point began working for Walter White as his lab assistant at his and his best friend Elliot Schwartz's company Gray Matter Technologies. She and Walt eventually sparked a romance, fell deeply in love and were at one point engaged. However, after introducing Walt to her family at their home on a Fourth of July weekend, he abruptly left her without any explanation due to feelings of inferiority that her family's wealth and status stirred up in him. After this, Walt sold his share of Gray Matter to Elliot for $5,000 and left the company.

Following this, Elliot and Gretchen began dating, eventually married and co-owned Gray Matter together, becoming multi-billionaires. Although he remained friendly with both of them, Walter would secretly blame Elliot and Gretchen for his eventual financial problems. He accused them of cutting him out of Gray Matter and stealing his research without crediting him, completely ignoring the fact that he chose to leave himself. He also blamed Gretchen for ending their once strong relationship."
    Gretchen Schwartz

If there was ever a hint that Junior might be Bennanke's, I missed it and the writers must have decided to drop that angle anyway. I don't think that there was though.

24. Gems-A-Bems

Most of that was only hinted at and almost none of that stated or explained in the actual show. Some of it doesn't come from the show at all.

25. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

It all sounded familiar enough to me. It's all from the shows. That link even explains which bits come from which seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.