Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

I thought the 2LP version was a RSD only release only 4000 pressed, I maybe wrong I usually am :laugh:

imarcq likes this.
  2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think you may be right. Definitely RSD only at this point.

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I thought that there was a RSD version although hoped the one listed might have been it. Obviously then that's totally unobtainium for most people so I guess the single LP is all that remains. But on Amazon UK these days, anything decent around the £12 price point is a deal by default. :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    smartiepants likes this.
  4. imarcq

Deal over! £17.94 now... :(

I did notice that a third party seller had the 2LP RSD for £117 if anyone is feeling a bit flush?

5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

6. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

7. Mr__Hump

Mr__Hump Forum Resident

No, Jones.

8. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

2 good Welsh names there

DrStroganoff and rediffusion like this.
  9. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

53.65 pounds

About $4/CD when I had it shipped to the USA. ($67)

grouploner and adm62 like this.
  10. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

11. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

superstar19 likes this.
  12. imarcq

13. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

superstar19 and imarcq like this.
  14. imarcq

15. imarcq

16. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

(Since Amazon UK now requires a separate Prime membership, which I will not pay for, the prices I show are just the lowest offered by sellers)

Deals:

Nirvana - Nirvana From £11.94
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZYW5M0M

Portihead - Dummy From £11.94
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dummy-VINYL-Portishead/dp/B00004WNFZ

Cocteau Twins - Four Calendar Cafe From £11.94
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07M6PJ63M

Nirvana - Unplugged in New York From £10.00
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000000OU2

Gorillaz - Song Machine, Season One Strange Timez From £15.58 (Blue Vinyl)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HHD7QDJ

17. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

18. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

Sadly, I've received yet another warped LP from Amazon, so I won't be purchasing any more from them. I'll keep watching this thread but won't be clicking any links - I just can't get burnt again.

latheofheaven likes this.
  19. imarcq

I often wonder how and where they store vinyl in the warehouse? It wouldn't surprise me if they stacked them horizontal. If they can send items in the occasional bubble wrap bag, or worse with just an address sticker on the shrink wrap, they are hardly experts. I've only been bitten a few times, and mostly vinyl comes in a decent mailer. It's always good policy trying NOT to combine with non-uniform sized non-music items. Then you risk it all being chucked together in a bigger box, with some paper or bubbles if you are lucky. But if it's not stored correctly at source then that's a different matter. I guess there is always the chance of it being too near the heater in a car, or being stacked up in the vehicle of some of these Amazon delivery workers who go solo. I've seen them with everything stuffed into the back seat or boot of a small car!

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  20. imarcq

At least if damaged you can return them at their cost, not yours. It all seems a bit pointless I know.

latheofheaven and myles like this.
  21. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

Just received Hand Cannot Erase from Amazon. Both discs pancake-flat, but the cover.......wow! Two of the corners have been bent double at some point... Packaging absolutely fine, so someone's actually packed it in that condition and thought it would be okay

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  22. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Your post reminded me... I suffered something like that about 10 years ago, buying from a 3rd party seller. Received an album with a cover whose corner had obvious damage, like it had been bent all the way before returning to normal position, but the vinyl mailer it came in was absolutely intact. I complained to the seller and they said the item had been mailed in perfect condition. Ugh. The vinyl was otherwise perfect and the price had been a great deal so I let it go, but it still bugs me to this day. I was getting back into vinyl around that time, but abandoned soon thereafter. I found it frustrating dealing with bad post, bad packaging, unreliable grading, etc., and that particular experience sticks in my mind since then.

slipkid, latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  23. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Here's my latest fun Amazon experience, I ordered Brian Eno's "Film Music 1976-2020" back in September, it arrived this week, but is Cat Stevens "Mona Bone Jakon", Amazon obviously screwed up their pages and my Brian Eno page is now Cat Stevens, so I use the automated returns form, but big problem, if I want a replacement it will be Cat. I then try getting them to phone me, after 6 or so attempts that instantly fail without actually calling me they block my number, I then try their 0800 customer number as suggested only to find it's been changed, but instead of supplying the new number they suggest you ask for a call, another dead end. Finally I try their chat bot which crashes and then suggests I get them to call, you couldn't make this up, 30 minutes wasted and counting.:mad:

24. imarcq

Circle of errors!

latheofheaven likes this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If they are the same price, just return and order the correct item from another listing.

If it was a mis-listing that offered a box set for the price of a single CD, or something like that, you're gonna be out of luck. They won't honor the price on a correction for a different listing.