Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Unfortunately Eno has increased in price by £7 since I ordered it and Cat Stevens is much cheaper, funnily enough they sent me a delivery feedback survey form correctly showing it as Eno, likewise pretty much everything up until this week had it listed as Eno, then they send it and change the page, if only I could actually talk to a human I'm sure it would be sorted straight away, I guess I'll keep trying to get through somehow.

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If it's only 7 pounds, you might get a receptive CSR to help you. But that's the only way to get it done. No automated process in the Amazon system could possibly fix the problem. They would have to understand the issue and then find the correct item to ship to you and then do a courtesy markdown.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  3. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Yeah, I just need to find a number that works now, or get them to unblock my number, or plan C add a different number to my account and see if they'll call that, Amazon's CS has really gone down hill during Covid, for about six months you could barely contact them at all.

slipkid likes this.
  4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Have you tried the chat? It can be a bit hit and miss, and frustrating depending on who you get, but I managed to get a refund for some customs tax I was charged by Parcelforce because a seller called themselves UK but were infact based in US. I was insistent it was deceptive and won my argument. It's worth a go?

Swann36 and latheofheaven like this.
  5. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Chat went down when I tried it, I'm going to have another go later, it should be fixed, sometimes it's hard for them to understand the issue though.

6. imarcq

I know, tell me about it. I got through about four customer service agents all in one chat, and having to re-explain everything to the next person. Try to write down and copy to your clipboard in advance. That saves time retyping and re-explaining stuff to people whose language skills are very basic sometimes.

latheofheaven, Dubmart and PH416156 like this.
  7. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

English is not my native language, so when I have a problem I try to be as simple as possible. I understand your frustration because the person chatting with me (clearly not located in the EU, UK or USA) couldn't understand what I was writing.

Doesn't Amazon UK have the "send email" option anymore? It's been years since the last time I wrote, but that was the best way to communicate with them

imarcq likes this.
  8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Not that I've noticed currently, since Covid a lot of options have been removed and Amazon are far from the only offenders, my bank had a similar issue with online contact just sending you round in circles.

9. imarcq

No I don't think they do have the send email questions. Even if you go on chat, and subsequently receive an email follow-up you can't reply to it. Or if you can, I couldn't as it bounces back a message to say it's not a monitored account to reply to.

latheofheaven likes this.
  10. imarcq

I guess someone should post a deal if they can find one...I can't :(

11. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Bummer. That was the best way to have a problem solved

imarcq likes this.
  12. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

13. imarcq

There's probably a hidden way. I remember when you hit the customer service button you got offered email, chat or phone call. I've not recently seen that email option myself. :(

latheofheaven and PH416156 like this.
  14. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

15. imarcq

16. imarcq

17. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

:laugh:

imarcq likes this.
  18. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Alfred Hitchcock - The Masterpiece Collection - 14 films for £25.28

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfred-Hitchcock-Masterpiece-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B008RLD1VY/

One warning for those interested: Saboteur, Rope, Shadow of a doubt, The trouble with Harry look incredible

Vertigo is mostly excellent

Torn curtain, Rear window, Psycho are very , very good

The man who knew too much and The Birds are average; and no restoration will make the "special effects" on The Birs look really good on HD

Topaz has really nice colours but too much DNR and EE

Marnie is a mediocre transfer

Frenzy is even worse than Marnie

Family plot
    is horrible and one of the worst films I have ever seen on Blu ray.

Still, for £25 and change, you'll get four Hitch classics that look fantastic, a fine Vertigo and beautiful editions of Torn curtain, Rear window, Psycho.
    The booklet is a beauty, and who knows when and if these movies will be improved or not.

The discs are region free

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  19. imarcq

I've already got this set myself. Allowing for all the plus, minus's and caveats you've just mentioned, I agree it's well worth having. Especially for Christmas :) That long shot at the start of Frenzy, zooming in to the the river nearby to Tower Bridge, which is now called Thameside path, is still an incredible piece of cinematography!

latheofheaven and PH416156 like this.
  20. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:agree:

[​IMG]

one more deal: The Kubrick Visionary filmaker collection: £23.99 - another region free blu ray boxset

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Kubrick-Visionary-Filmmaker-Collection/dp/B004MW57KA/

[​IMG]

btw I should find something I don't have yet before it's too late and the Royal Navy catches my amazon order :laugh:

21. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

22. imarcq

PH416156 and latheofheaven like this.
  23. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

It took me another hour, but I sorted my Amazon issues out after managing to access live chat, I got to keep the Cat Stevens LP and order Eno for the original price, I think the CS guy had problems with how they'd changed the item page to something else, hence a very long chat, but he earned his 5 star feedback.

slipkid, Swann36, hutlock and 3 others like this.
  24. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Willowman, Gavaxeman, SJP and 2 others like this.
  25. Swann36

Swann36 A widower finding solace in music

:yikes: It's still available at a price of £19.08 and i've been hoping to be able to watch Play Misty For Me for almost a year so just pushed the button for this set as i have fond read engrossed memories of seeing the Eiger Sanction on tv in a long past Xmas iirc ...so at least 2 super movies on here for me plus the others a Covid Movie Night beckons ...delivery this Sunday ....

Thanks this thread and @PH416156 :edthumbs:

PH416156 and superstar19 like this.