Walmart Nov 14 Black Friday vinyl sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. But on to the next one!

Tjazz likes this.
  2. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Yeah, it was. There were multiple records I had been eyeing for awhile, as well as some guilty pleasures, as items I wasn't motivated enough to pay full price for or just getting nice clean playing reissues to replace imperfect original issues.

The nice thing was that regardless of pressing plant (MPO, Record Industry, Precision/GZ in Canada, Optimal, even Rainbo), 9/10 were pretty flawlessly pressed, with just one having to be returned for a severe dish warp. Can't take clean pressings for granted these days, so it was a pleasant surprise to have a 90% hit rate.

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  3. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Just opened my copy, which is also a QRP pressing, nice and flat, it sounds great, like most Experience Hendrix vinyl does. I had passed on the standard Experience Hendrix vinyl reissue of this, but, at a list price of under $20, this is a nice quality record, and even my wife just commented on how cool the purple vinyl looks spinning on the turntable.

To be honest, I don’t expect much from Wal-Mart when it comes to vinyl, but this is a good value. As I’ve said before, they must be making money on vinyl to carry it and go to the trouble of licensing all of these “Wal-Mart exclusive” pressings, because they surely aren’t doing it for sentimental reasons.

davers likes this.
  4. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

So my copy of the walmart Mandalorian was a disaster like yours - terrible surface noise, non fill, warped, the whole nine. Lots of bad reviews on walmart.com with ppl saying the same. I sent a snarky DM to Disney Music Emporium on Instagram not expecting anything back. A few days later i got this -

“Hello, there was an issue in manufacturing and copies have been pulled. Did you purchase a copy?”

After a few DMs back and forth, I got a $25 credit to Disney Music Emporium and get to keep a recalled LP.

I asked if they’d be making replacements and if there would be a non picture disc version, they said no to both.

Davidmk5, SJP and JasonA like this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

OK, you did the heavy lifting here...thank you! Can you share the email address with Disney Music Emporium?

6. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

It was thru Instagram, @disneymusicemporium

7. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

Does anyone know if Walmart has sales on Christmas albums?

Or any other post-Christmas vinyl deals?

8. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I don't know of any deals on any albums. Sometimes they'll have a bargain or discount slot where the vinyl is stored. However, from my experience they don't price them with an updated tag so I would usually find a self-scanner to ensure of a discount.

U2Achtung1 likes this.
  9. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I made a Christmas run last week for some supplies and saw AC/DC's "Power Up" red edition and was tempted. But I was totally on the run for other things so it would've been a total impulse buy at that point. I probably should've got it

superstar19 and fretter like this.
  10. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

I think that was wise. I myself am holding out for the Deluxe Edition vinyl that comes with a 7" single of "Great Balls" with "Rock Your Balls Off" as the B-side. :D

Boomy likes this.
  11. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Now Walmart has W+
    It's a $35 single disc as of now. Kind of a turn off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.