Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Polly Rhythym was a girl I knew in high school that said she had a secret method for not getting pregnant. She used to hang out with Lavatory Lil and Polyethylene Pam. They were a tight bunch if you know what I mean.

notesofachord and raveoned like this.
  2. joshbrf

joshbrf Forum Resident

Completely agree! That ending gave me chills

theMess and jricc like this.
  3. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Interesting idea.

4. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

so today's the release date and i bought each of the 4 special colored cd's with the bonus track....one with the dice.
    and then the red Third Man vinyl..
    and the Green Target cd

and nothing is here yet......only my Target cd shipped out yesterday, but that's it....

kind of pathetic in how slow in shipping people are, especially with the extra slow-ness of the post office right now too.

Hope no one was expecting their online orders for this by Christmas !!!!

5. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Have you ever heard of humor?

6. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

o_O

7. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Nothing he’s done since the 70s is better than McCartney I.

Dean R likes this.
  8. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

See above.

Are you people really so irony impaired? How could anyone who didn't immediately get this have kept up with the Beatles pressers back in '64?

9. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I think we're listening to two different albums.....but I kind of got that vibe with Egypt Station too.

Except the last song.

10. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

and my local store only got 2 of the vinyl, but NONE of the poster....so mad !!!

11. From Third Man directly. It’s their limited yellow one not the one via Paul’s store.

beatleroadie likes this.
  12. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

I'd love to get this at my local independent store, but I am not optimistic.

13. bward

bward Senior Member

LOL!!!

14. aladdinziggydogs

aladdinziggydogs Forum Resident

Went into hmv today to grab a coppy on cd and i got the last one with green dice, 10-99 so not to bad, will give it a spin later or tomorrow!

15. Nothing4Free

Nothing4Free Forum Resident

III is really an endearing album with some very strong songwriting throughout (well ok, not counting Lil') and some adventurous stuff that holds its own. The problem with the first two is that they only had a handful of "real" songs, there were a lot of throwaway tracks/noodles, "Kreen Akore" is utterly useless for instance and "Frozen Jap" or "Bogey Music" or "Front Parlor" don't serve much of a purpose. Of course I is special for its timing and for MIA alone but II was poorly received and quickly forgotten, it did sell surprisingly well though...one can only wonder what casual buyers must have thought of many of the tracks, hehe...

16. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

Growing with each play. Can't listen to last two albums but this one is terrific. Maybe no classic songs here but everything sounds great. A man having fun.

17. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Pretty ironic, isn't it?

Dr. Pepper and markshan like this.
  18. rainingdogs

rainingdogs Death Of A Clown

Lyrically is Paul singing about him liking pretty boys on Pretty Boys?

[​IMG]

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  19. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Oh come now he was obviously saying ***** and if you are too much of a ***** to see that than you are a complete *****.

20. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

I still like Every Night better.

21. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

I don't get why Target has my green vinyl on backorder, but they are able to ship to stores (although none within 50 miles of my house) and people are able to get them that way. If it shows up eventually. it's water under the bridge, but I won't feel comfortable until I at least get a shipping notice. First world problems, I know.

Sargon, ccbarr and Spencer R like this.
  22. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Paul's self-titled records have never been traditional McCartney albums...So this all sounds so natural from your descriptions, almost as if McCartney III ended up a blend of Paul's songwriting from the New/ES era, plus some McCartney I-style folkiness, and just a dash of McCartney II-style weirdness, making it a very worthy part 3 in his S/T tradition!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  23. parkgrover

parkgrover Forum Resident

Got cd with green dice at HMV just had my first listen... enjoyed it overall, I like the quirkiness reminds me of some of Electric Arguments in terms of feel. That is a good thing for me!

Henrik Jutbring and Who Cares like this.
  24. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

His best since Chaos and Creation.

The Band, Durango88, theMess and 7 others like this.
  25. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Ironically, the only albums to arrive for me have been the Barnes and Noble Blue and the FNAC Blue that I cancelled once the B&N was announced....../sad horn

Olivier Northern Son likes this.