Ebay: Managed Payments...no more Paypal

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by visolo, Nov 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I did sign up for managed payments. So far received 2 deposits a week apart. I have it set up that way. I don't sell much. Doesn't seem too bad.

SJP likes this.
  2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Ah, I forgot. No scammers in your country. :doh:

Lost In The Flood, mackat and Dave like this.
  3. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Easy Peazy. I'm in. I prefer this method of payment.

4. visolo

Just look at your transactions after each sale. If an international scammer buys your items, you might be charged a fee for international transactions.

5. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Like you I'm a small seller there. I don't do International just US.

6. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow

they can't even manage to show me the full list of items from European sellers. an item shows up in a search, I can see that, I click on "see other items for sale" or "visit their store" or WTF... and it gives me no listings at all, not even the one I was just looking at.

give ebay my SSN? no thanks.

Archguy and geetar_await like this.
  7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Completely unrelated, really. Not even close to being in the same universe.

Easy workaround for what you describe. Just change the first part of the link accordingly. If the seller is in the UK, change the ebay.com portion to ebay.co.uk. Tada! It all shows.

starfieldroad likes this.
  8. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Postage still goes through PayPal. I just signed up for direct deposit, so I'd guess payment will be in a day or two.

9. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Did they ask you for only your routing/acct number, or do they have your actual online banking info?

10. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Routing, account, SSN. There is a new payments area where you can see what's coming and when.

I sold an item today and was just nosing around to see when payment would be.

So far the only rub for me was no email from PayPal saying there was a sale, and nothing from eBay either.

11. visolo

Do you have the eBay app on your phone? I always get emails when I make a sale.

12. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

No. Just my notebook.

13. joefont

joefont Senior Member

That's what I do....and I keep the balance to a minimum.

JorgeGvb likes this.
  14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I just created a new checking account for myself at BofA, which is going to be only for eBay payments. Creating and linking the account (I already have other accounts at BofA) was painless.

I like having my eBay money separate from my other stuff, so I have an idea of how much I'm ahead. That's why I liked having it be shoveled into a PayPal account.

SJP likes this.
  15. rpd

rpd Senior Member

I went on a few minutes ago...it wanted my online password. No freaking way. How to I avoid that?

16. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

If you're just setting it up from the email it takes you into eBay to finish the setup. You log on as you normally would and then you complete the setup.

17. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I was wrong, I did get an email from eBay, just that they now go to my junk mail. Not sure I even want to fix that with the amount of junk I get from eBay.

18. Combination

That's the elephant in the room - unless someone can explain it otherwise, it sounds like they are basically asking for the keys to people's bank accounts.

Archguy likes this.
  19. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

This is probably the end of eBay for me.

20. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Have you ever sold anything on eBay? What information are they asking for that Paypal doesn't have?

21. Combination

Yes, and for a long time. Other people in the thread can answer that better than me.

22. turk99

turk99 Forum Resident

I miss having my own seed money in PayPal...now I have to transfer from my bank to preserve it. Minor gripe.

23. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Bank Routing#, Bank account#, SSN. Standard stuff for ACM. That's what it used to be called back in the old mainframe take a reel tape to the bank. Way before modems took that task over.

They aren't running the payments through PayPal anymore. So eBay needs the same info.

24. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

That's why I don't understand why giving that info to eBay seems to be an objection people have to the new eBay scheme. Mine is that they now intend to sit on my dough until they get around to making it available, where it is now available immediately after it is received.

25. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

I no longer sell on fleabay. I got screwed so many times selling. Back to garage sales once a year or OfferUp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.