Muzishare X7 - an affordable hand-wired KT88 integrated made at the Line Magnetic factory

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by action pact, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Nicode70

Nicode70 Overspending completist

Yes, i think i was tricked by the seller. He was supposed to demo the Kanta 1. But when i showed up at the store, he had the Kanta 2 in place.
    And obviously when i will do the A/B comparison next week, the 2 will sound better than the 1. But i really can't afford the 2.

2. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore Thread Starter

Tell the dealer not to waste your time demo'ing the Kanto 2 next week.

He would be stupid to do that anyway, knowing you can't afford them. Why set the demo up so that the product you can afford sounds disappointing by comparison?

Steeve likes this.
  3. action pact

Tell the dealer not to waste your time demo'ing the Kanto 2 next week.

He would be stupid to do that anyway, knowing you can't afford them. Why set the demo up so that the product you can afford sounds disappointing by comparison?

4. action pact

Sorry for the double post - the forum's server seems a bit dodgy at the moment.

5. action pact

The Gold Lion KT88's arrived today and are in right now. They sound quite good right out of the box, not analytical/forward as I had feared.

Compared to the stock Muzishare tubes, the difference isn't exactly night and day, but they do seem to have a little bit more pep, but it could be my imagination.
    Will they pull decisively ahead after 100 hours of burn-in? We shall see.

6. Vinylistener

Vinylistener Well-Known Member

Congrats! very beautiful amp, its in my amazon wishlist, hopefuly next yr will buy 1.

action pact likes this.
  7. action pact

It really is a winner. I hope you do get one. :agree:

I put the Sylvania 12AU7's back in tonight, alongside the '58 RCA 12AX7 and the Gold Lion KT88's. I still have the Sovtek rectifier in place until the Gold Lion arrives next week. All I have to say is holy schiit, does this amp sound wonderful... smooth, round, musical, yet also punchy and dynamic, with a wonderfully wide/deep soundstage. My Spendors have never been happier.

When you put some good tubes into a quality tube amp, magic happens. :love:

I have a pair of RCA clear top 12AU7's coming soon, and it will be interesting to see what they bring to the party.

Rick58, jonwoody, dolsey01 and 4 others like this.
  8. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

I'm using NOS RCA's with my Gold Lion KT77's and it is a sweet match.

action pact likes this.
  9. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Man...I am really digging this thread! You’re having so much fun! Once again..congrats!

action pact likes this.
  10. 10gauge

10gauge Active Member

Indeed, the highs will continue to become more refined. They offer excellent balance. Out of 8 KT88s, I’ve had 2 filaments die on Shuguang Black Treasures under 75 hours of use. So, get to 75-100 hours fast to see. Once you exceed the first 75 hours, they’re good for 3000+ hours.

action pact likes this.
  11. action pact

Thanks, pal!

Slippers-on likes this.
  12. action pact

Ive read that the Shuguangs sound great but tend to not be very reliable.

13. Nicode70

The more I listen to my system as a whole, the more I’m convinced that I don’t need new speakers. I’ve spent the evening spinning records, zipping whisky and watching the UV meters.
    I love this amp.
    To anyone who is hesitant to pull the trigger on the X7: go for it. You won’t regret it. Not for a minute.

Twinsfan007, Rick58, jonwoody and 5 others like this.
  14. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

Great thread.
    One of these bi-amped with my MA6300 driving KEF R3's might be nice to play with. Tubes with the analytical KEF's might be a good match.

I lust for a MA 275 but big $ to experiment with.

adamos and action pact like this.
  15. Ingenieur

Yes
    That is at the 40 graduation

action pact likes this.
  16. action pact

Thank you!

17. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Any word on the phono stage yet>

Seafinch likes this.
  18. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

I read the same thing about the Psvane 6SN7/CV181 tubes not being reliable. Then when I dug deeper into the reviews the people complaining were buying from lower cost sellers and probably getting lower graded tubes. The people buying tubes from Grant Fidelity didn't have problems. I bought a pair of 6SN7/CV181 TII tubes from Grant Fidelity and the tubes have been good for a couple years so far. Grant Fidelity gets the top graded Psvane tubes. The other sellers get the rest. I don't know if it's the same with the Psvane power tubes. Probably. I'd go with buying from Grant Fidelity even if it costs a bit more. Grant Fidelity also offers a 150 hour burn-in for the KT88-TII tubes for an additional $25 per pair.

19. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

be careful with level matching. neither the mac or the muz have gain adjustment. if either have as little as a db gain difference in the power amps, the woofer and mid/tweeter will be noticeably unbalanced.

20. Ingenieur

Thanks
    I've looked at that
    Mac preamp out/amp in loop 1 V 10k Ohm for full output.
    Tube amp 0.52 V 100k Ohm for full output

I would need a high precision 60k-120k 1/4 W pot in series with the tube amp as a voltage divider. Set at 92k the tube amp would see 0.52 V at 1 V Mac output. It's linear so 2 V out = 1.04 at tube amp, etc. Both would see 200% x rated.

The pot should give me range to fine tune.
    Power increase is only a few percent since the tube amp input Z is so high. Total is 0.x mW range.

Z eq at pot = 92k = (192 x 10)/(192 + 10) = 9.5k
    Close enough to the 10k spec
    I could make it spot on adding 500 Ohm in series with the Mac amp in but just adds complication with no benefit.

I would build a small box with phono plugs in/out for the amp and mount the pots in it.
    Y out from the Mac pre out, one end right back to the Mac amp in the other to the box, then out of box to tube amp.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    avanti1960 likes this.
  21. action pact

I'll evaluate it in the next day or two!

22. Nicode70

So, about those speakers....

I just bought a used pair of Atohm GT1 by Devialet.

that's a big step up from my current Atohm Sirocco, while maintaining the Atom sound that i love so much. can't wait to ear this.

2020 was a Huge step up hardware wise....

23. Nicode70

I turns out that the seller backed out of the deal due to the risks of international shipping during the pandemic.

So back to the hunting process :D

24. action pact

Risks? Other than possible delays, I'm not sure what the concern is.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  25. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

Well... with all this talk I had to pull the trigger on an X7. Purchased through Amazon, should be here Thursday. :pineapple: