Barnes & Noble 50% Off Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Vinyljunkie22, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

The Blu Ray and British DVD 30% off sales may have just finished. There is going to be a 30% off àll cd sale at the end of January (should include cd box sets). Don't know of any other 50% off sales but I'll let you know if I hear of anything.

2. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I just left the Colonie Center Mall location in Colonie, NY with nothing. The clerk was scanning to find the sale items and pulled about 25 records.

3. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

I'm willing to bet mostly titles that have not sold in the previous 50% off sale. Last year was a huge sale.

superstar19, Shawn and Jspmike like this.
  4. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Just about to head to work right now. I think your statement will prove correct. Last year was a crazy sale! My wallet is going to thank me this year - going to try and stick to the four titles that I already mentioned that I'm interested in - Best Coast, Robbie Robertson, Prince and Jesus & The Mary Chain.

superstar19 and Shawn like this.
  5. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

The store I was in had the Best Coast LP (and some of the others from that long list you posted.

I was hoping to see McCartney’s Egypt Station (Explorer’s Edition) marked down.

Jspmike and superstar19 like this.
  6. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Morning haul, Chris Isaak, Rhiannon Giddens, Brian Wilson (Anthology). They had a group of about 50-60 titles, grouped together. A few I recognized from last year. Plano, Tx., Creekwalk store. Will hit more stores this week coming

Jspmike likes this.
  7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

From what I saw this morning this is accurate

dee and Jspmike like this.
  8. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Just checked and the computer says the sale runs until January 26th.

black sheriff, dee, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  9. dee

dee Senior Member

A few hundred titles at the store I was at. Lots from the new list. Many from previous sales, but excellent titles still. Got the Byrne 2LP Grown Backwards for $14+. Guess it was a RSD release in 2019 or had a sticker on it. Recommended fwiw at those kinds of prices especially would be Jenny Lewis On The Line and Van Morrison The Healing Game. For some reason I passed on Liz Phair Exile in Guyville 2LP set. Her Whipsmart and WhiteChocolate LPs were also on sale.

black sheriff and Jspmike like this.
  10. Vinyljunkie22

Vinyljunkie22 Forum Resident Thread Starter

They do a 50% Off all Criterion Collection DVD's bi-annually. The last sale ended about a month ago.

Shawn likes this.
  11. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

For those of you expecting anything like last year’s amazing sale, this year’s will pale in comparison. Like others have said, there are limited titles available. I hit all three B&N’s near me this morning, all with similar titles. Unlike last year, when I picked up dozens of albums, this year I bought two.

superstar19 and Jspmike like this.
  12. soam

soam Forum Resident

Just hit the one in Carmel, IN. They were marked, but paltry selection. Left empty-handed.

13. dee

dee Senior Member

If I had money to burn I would have bought some more titles. When does too much become too much!? Sinematic was tempting, Moondog Matinee, Blue Moon Swamp on blue vinyl, Mellencamps Some Other Songs and his Sad Clowns, Mystery Girl 2LP, even the 2010's Van 2LP releases, and many more titles I haven't heard or I don't have on vinyl. Some sale LPs were in the nonsale racks. I thought the Byrne LP had sold but found the lone copy in the regular bins. Looked for Bowie's Metrobolist on cd but didn't see it there.

They had a 2LP plus download iirc of Egypt Station.

black sheriff and Tjazz like this.
  14. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Grabbed Aimee Mann's Mental Illness on pink vinyl. Great record with audiophile sound. $11.47!

Comes with a free lossless flac download card as well. Sweet!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    captouch, SJP, dee and 1 other person like this.
  15. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

What store did you go to?

16. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Went to the Temecula store...seemed like the vinyl selection was culled. Nothing was marked 50% off. I wanted to buy the Best Coast LP but it wasn't on sale. Could be the staff has not got to putting on the sale stickers yet...
    this store is a bit busy with with the registers...they do have more lines than other BNs that I have visited. Sometimes I will find a stack of new vinyl that has been left unattended on a store handcart waiting to be shelved when I shop. I rifle through them.
    Drove to Corona and a whole shelf of left overs from last year with a red 50% on them...titles that didn't sell in 2020. Bought Van Morrison's Rolling With The Punches clear vinyl (his vinyl always goes up in price as the years role by) and At Swim by Lisa Hannigan for 50% off on each.
    Plus the Always Tommorow CD for about $14 since I have read good things about it.

Tjazz, Jspmike and dee like this.
  17. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I should stay away from B&N, but this thread is not helping

Jspmike, dee, Shawn and 1 other person like this.
  18. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Any record with a 25% off sticker is actually 50% off.
    As I believe someone mentioned earlier.

Jspmike likes this.
  19. dee

dee Senior Member

Plantation, Davie. They had the heat on! Front door was open though. They had a few Petty reissues too. Both Elvis titles. Mark Knopfler. Etc.

Jspmike and black sheriff like this.
  20. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Sounds great. I’m down here in Kendall and I bet my local B&N has the same titles as the last sale. I’ll try to get by there in the next few days and update.

dee likes this.
  21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'm here to say that the LPs with the lingering 25% stickers did in fact ring at 50% off. Additionally, albums on the list provided by @Jspmike rang at 50% off despite being fished out of the regular bins with no discount stickers whatsoever. I had several price checked but only bought one from the list.

I ended up with:

Old sale vinyl...

Frank Sinatra - Only The Lonely 60th anniversary
    Elvis Costello - Look Now 2 LP deluxe
    Eurythmics - Touch

From the new list...

Prince - Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic

fmfxray373, dee and Jspmike like this.
  22. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Nice get on the Eurythmics - love that album! I'm picking up my copy of the Prince tomorrow. Can't wait!

dee and SJP like this.
  23. More than titles that are on sale I wanna know if the powers-that-be at B&N will decide to take all the LPs that once again don’t sell at 50% off and change them back to 25% off a few weeks from now.

24. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

The 50% off sale will last for a month. The titles will then go back to 25% off from what I understand.

superstar19, black sheriff and Shawn like this.
  25. dee

dee Senior Member

I had some good luck at the 2 Pembroke Pines stores also last year!

Jspmike and black sheriff like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.