Barnes & Noble 50% Off Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Vinyljunkie22, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dee

dee Senior Member

Nice one on that Look Now also.

Jspmike and SJP like this.
  2. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

I hit two stores this morning. At the first place, I recognized lots of holdovers from the summer sale. None of the items on Mike's new list were stickered but the ones I chose all rang up at 50% off. I picked up the 4 I went for (Best Coast, Glen Hansard, the maroon vinyl Steve Perry and Santana). I also grabbed the Ronnie Spextor "English Heart" LP which I had passed on last time. At the second store, a clerk was scanning the LP's and he was almost finished. I asked if he was working on the 50% items and he said that he was. I went over to the sale bins and saw a lot of leftovers from the summer sale. Then he brought over the ones he was finishing up and put them in the bins with stickers on them. I got the Weezer "Black Album" and, on an impulse, grabbed the Ingrid Michaelson. The samples I listened to were pretty catchy so I took a chance. I was tempted by the Robbie Robertson but I decided to go the CD route on that one.....for now.

Shawn, dee, superstar19 and 3 others like this.
  3. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

Last years sale was fantastic I picked up lots of OJC Jazz titles. Rush albums. Pink Floyd. U2. Tons of great titles were available.

Shawn, Jspmike and dee like this.
  4. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I caved this morning (as expected). Picked up Jessica Pratt, Best Coast, and the Belle and Sebastian Pt 1.

Spinning the Jessica Pratt one now and, so far, sounds pretty good. Have a bit of a vinyl love/hate relationship with this one as I have the back vinyl from Amazon which has some weird distortion issues. Now that seemingly this copy is superior, I'll likely just return the Amazon one and then all is good in the world.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    dee and Jspmike like this.
  5. Sedwards

Sedwards Senior Member

Just got back from my local B&N. Snatched:

U2 - No Line On The Horizon (10th Anniversary Remaster)
    ZZ Top - First Album
    Lucinda Williams - Ghosts of Highway 20
    Lucinda Williams - D0wn Where the Street Meets the Bone
    Jason Isbell - Sirens of the Ditch
    Mark Knopfler - Down the Road Wherever
    Norah Jones - Day Breaks

Was also looking for the Elvis Costello Look Now and John Hiatt Eclipse Sessions, but no luck. Might stop off at another one in a couple of days.

Tjazz, Bob J and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
  6. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Not much I need, got rodrigo y gabriella and the die hard board game which was half off

7. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Grabbed Best of Emmylou Harris for $10.98. Then walked over to Best Buy and found a KG/SH 45 RPM Rumours. 10 Bucks with my Best Buy Rewards. Happy Holidays to me!!!!!

8. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Those were all half off? I may have to check for the Isbell and Jones.

Sedwards likes this.
  9. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Which Chris Isaac?

10. dee

dee Senior Member

The Plantation,FL store had 3 copies of Look Now.

Sedwards likes this.
  11. DLD

DLD Senior Member

First Comes The Night

markshan likes this.
  12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Keep in mind that both the 1 and 2 LP versions are on sale.

hutlock and dee like this.
  13. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Last year they had mistakenly put a 50 percent off sticker on All Things Must Pass 3 lp set and it rung up half price.
    $35 plus tax.....:bdance:

Sedwards likes this.
  14. Sedwards

Sedwards Senior Member

Yep, all in the 50%
    Yep, all in the 50% rack! Few more I was on the fence about.

15. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Maybe I will swing by tomorrow.

16. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

Picked up a few, all 50% off:
    John Hiatt - Eclipse Sessions
    Macca - Egypt Station (stickered 25% off, rang up 50%)
    Jayhawks - Paging Mr. Proust
    Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie
    Ryan Adams - Live at Carnegie Hall
    Dave Grohl - Play (the 24-min project he did)

I swear some of the albums on the rack were the same copies I saw last year (I passed on the Jayhawks album last year).

17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Let's be clear and no longer be surprised.
    • The 25% off stickers should ring at 50% off.
    • Yes, these are leftovers from the 50% off sale from a year ago that then reverted to 25% off and are now 50% off again.
    • The list of new additions as provided upstream should also ring at 50% off despite how they are stickered.
    • There might (or might not) be other new titles that ring up at 50% off. If you find any, please share.
    • The membership additional 10% does not apply to this sale. You can try to bit¢h & moan which worked for me once or twice last year, hasn't worked this year.
    • Please note that as B&N staff stickers the albums, a 50% off sticker may be mistakenly placed onto an album that you love that is otherwise not part of the sale. B&N should honor those as they did for me a year ago on a couple titles. Guess what? You can easily get the extra 10% on these Easter eggs you might find because the system doesn't typically lock out the membership discount when it is manually applied.
    And to review a couple of my finds...
    • Prince "Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic" is a terrific pressing (at least mine is, it has received a couple bad reviews on Discogs) and a thoroughly enjoyable Prince album. I picked up "Rave In2..." from the DD blowout bin about a year ago and was disappointed that I had purchased the remix version of the album. Glad to have the proper album and will certainly revisit the remixes with fresh ears at some point soon.
    • Frank Sinatra "Only The Lonely" 60th Anniversary 2LP - What a gem. A beautiful album and pristine pressing...grab it if you can find one! This is a pressing that epitomizes why us vinyl fans still gravitate to that format.

18. bwcgrx

bwcgrx Forum Resident

Grabbed the following from the 50% off sale.

M83 - DSVII
    Thom Yorke - Suspiria
    The Zodiac - Cosmic Sounds (Rhino 1967 Summer of Love Series)
    Transparent Days: West Coast Nuggets (Rhino 1967 Summer of Love Series)
    Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon

Like most are posting here it appears that many of the title available were from the previous 50% off sales. There are a few more I might pickup before its all over.

black sheriff, Bob J, Jspmike and 3 others like this.
  19. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

I snagged 3 today:
    Allman Bros - Wipe The Windows etc
    Utopia - The Complete Bearsville Singles
    Dylan - Street Legal

I wanted to get The Healing Game, but they only had one copy and the cover was damaged. I’ll check another store later this week.

black sheriff and superstar19 like this.
  20. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

For $20 I picked up The Rolling Stones 2 LP set “Blue & Lonesome”.

21. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Well here is what happened...
    The Van Morrison clear vinyl exclusive Roll With The Punches that I bought for half-price yesterday in the Corona BN is defective...the second disc has some sort of plastic gunk left over from the pressing making it impossible to play the first cuts on each side.
    I should return it but I didn't get an email receipt and I lost the paper one plus it is a 50 mile round trip. So I went to the closer Temecula store I at first visited yesterday where there had been no stickers put out for a sale. They had finally placed a very few albums out at 50 percent off. They had the same clear vinyl Van album so I had a store clerk scan it...sure enough it was half off so I took a gamble and bought it for about $18.00...side C and D are perfect. So that turned out ok.

So someday maybe in 10 years I can sell Roll With The Punches for big bucks lol.
    I guess I will return to get Cross Eyed Heart by Keith since it has a 25% off sticker on it.

22. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

So this is only in store, correct?

23. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

During last summer's sale, I picked up two Jayhawks releases, "Paging Mr. Proust" and "Back Roads & Abandoned Motels". Both are very worthwhile listens.

Jspmike likes this.
  24. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Correct! This is in store only. Unlike the same sale last Summer if your local store does not have a title in stock but the warehouse has it then you can pay for it in store and have it shipped to your home (really don't understand why you could not do that with the last sale). There are also the options of ringing a store that has it and paying for it over the phone to have it delivered or the manifest option.

25. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

Mike, thanks again for your research and for posting the new additions to the sale offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.