uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

There's also the UD20Off but the $10 and even the 30% were better.

2. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Hello all - I placed two large orders with this outfit last summer and decided it wasn't worth the hassle, even with some of these discount offers. That said ... if I try again, can I expect them to charge my credit card before the items are shipped? Thx.

3. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I believe they do charge your credit card at time of purchase.

Biff Jones likes this.
  4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Support got back to me and my shipment from dec 1 was lost in transit they say, thankfully they’re sending another one

Jspmike and hutlock like this.
  5. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I gotta put in a positive word for udiscover. I had read all the horror stories but succumbed to the huge discount. The order I placed on 10/31 for 7 TPs was delayed because the Tina Brooks album got pushed back. So I emailed udiscover, and it took a week or two for everything to come together. But they refunded the Brooks record and shipped the rest of them when the last of those became available. They were shipped in a box with no padding, but the box was the right dimensions, and everything arrived fine.

So despite the horror stories, they did an OK job for me, and the savings was worth it. I was surprised to get emails from real people who worked with me.

In fact my addiction has me putting together another cart on their site now . . .

Dignan2000 and hutlock like this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Maybe you’ll wind up with two!

7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

I doubt I’m that lucky.
    But I’m not buying ups lost it, the thing never even got scanned

hutlock likes this.
  8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

even given the issue I had this time, I still got email response fairly quickly asking to give time to check. Took about a week to get an email back that ups lost it and they offered refund or ship again . They easily could have said they’ll refund me and be done

hutlock likes this.
  9. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

I’m dealing with this right now. A tracking number was assigned, but it was never scanned. That was three weeks ago. Customer service is telling me to just keep waiting on UPS even though there’s no indication that the package was ever tendered.

10. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

So much for the priority shipping by 12/18. No update on my order. It's just for me and not a gift so not that urgent, unlike all of my family's gifts that were mailed on 12/16 and supposed to be delivered today, but are still sitting in Boston.

11. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

I’m still waiting on tracking for the replacement so I’m not totally in the clear

I did have a similar issue with another purchase early this month, sat waiting for ups pickup for 2 weeks then suddenly was on its way

12. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Crazy schiit with the delivery services going on right now. I had a fairly expensive electronics purchase lost. USPS tracking claimed it was delivered to the my mailbox last week, but, no, never was. Then today a stranger stopped by and said they found it sitting on a row of mailboxes a mile or 2 away. Up until recently my amazon prime orders were almost all delivered by their drivers, but the last few weeks I've noticed quite a few of them coming via UPS and USPS.

13. Thrills

Thrills Forum Resident

I just received a copy of A Love Supreme from a udiscovermusic order I made over a month ago (that was stalled by items going out of stock). Upon opening, I was perplexed to find an inscrutable black mark on the side two label (to the left of "John Coltrane") that appears to be from a marker.

Is there any explanation for this? It was a new, sealed copy, but I can't imagine this is normal. My only guess is it has something to do with the misprint issue ("Side B erroneously states 'Resolution' instead of 'Psalm' as the title of Part IV"), or that udiscovermusic repackaged a copy that someone marked. This seems unlikely to me though. There's no issue with the pressing itself and the packaging/seal/hype sticker seemed completely standard. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

14. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Still no shipping info for my order placed on 12/14 with the promise of 12/18 shipping and 12/24 delivery. I knew it was too good to be true given how miserable this company is shipping anything. I sent a note and explained it is a Christmas gift so we'll see if I even get a response.

This holiday season is just turning out to be a nightmare all around. Things I purchased here on the forum in early December have been in limbo all month. USPS is totally ----ed. Hopefully at least everything turns up undamaged before February...

15. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Charlie Parker Clef box delayed until February, so theres another delayed order...sigh...at least the deals have been great

16. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Well I got the usual acknowledgement of my email, but lo and behold, my order is scheduled to ship via UPS. Don't know when it will actually ship or arrive, but at least something happened ...

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  17. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

My order, placed Nov. 3, just arrived! :goodie: To be fair, there was one pre-ordered title, so I knew it wouldn't ship before Nov. 20th. However, as I think I already related, that date passed and three other titles that had been in-stock when I ordered had not been held for me, and were awaiting restocking. It finally all came together Dec. 10th, and the order started inching its way up to the Great White North. (Actually, pretty gray-brown, right now.) So, all things considered, that's not that bad, under current conditions.

I was more than a little worried after some other reports of damage in shipping, but everything looks great so far! (And a damn sight better than most stuff arrives from Amazon!) I was especially worried about the two heavy box sets mixed in with those thin BN80 jackets, but they actually packed the larger set in its own box, and everything else neatly filled the second box. And they were proper-sized boxes for shipping vinyl (if not the bullet-proof boxes that Acoustic Sounds uses).

So, although there were a couple of missteps with customer support along the way (first saying they couldn't cancel one item from the order, and also pulling up someone else's order when trying to find out what was holding up shipping), both were eventually sorted out, I was able to cancel an item that I discovered I already had (oops!), and the rest were 50% off, so I'm pretty happy. Not sure I would order from there again, but for this one occasion, things have turned out okay. (Of course, I've still got a lot of vinyl to clean and check, so I may still have to deal with their CS again. Hopefully, that goes okay, too.)

hutlock and Davidmk5 like this.
  18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

really curious about this. let us know if you get it in the timeframe promised. i've been skeptical about all of their promises advertised over the last couple months given their track record, but would be something to be given a glimmer of hope!

19. karloffsidekick

karloffsidekick Forum Resident

Five Marley Half-Speeds: Ordered 11/22; fulfilled 11/27; arrived 12/7.
    Four In-Stock titles: Ordered 11/23; fulfilled 12/1; Missing In Action (no tracking info whatsoever).
    Five In-Stock titles: Ordered 12/15 (yes, I got suckered into the "will arrive by Christmas" pitch); fulfilled 12/23; something tells me it won't be here by Xmas (Valentine's Day...maybe).

Merry Merry!

20. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

My package is stuck in CT waiting to transfer from UPS to USPS. So it likely won't be here for a while...

21. Swordsandchains

One of my Nov 2 orders just shipped, Getz/Gilberto VASS and Buihana Delight. I contacted them about a month ago and they said there was a manufacturing delay on BD and would take 3-4 weeks, well looks like they were exactly right. Hopefully the plants are starting to catch up

hutlock likes this.
  22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Sucks you had to wait for sure but I’m definitely encouraged by the fact that they were accurate at least.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  23. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

So the promised delivery by 12/24 didn't happen. It was delivered on Sunday 12/27. Good by udiscover standards, but not really acceptable in light of the offer that was made. Not much in the way of recourse though, but thankfully it was not a present to someone. At least it arrived in good condition and just a few days late. Some of my presents sent to family via USPS Priority Mail on 12/16, 250 miles away, still haven't been delivered despite their promise shipments by 12/19 would be delivered before Christmas.

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. Swordsandchains

considering it was $26 total for both, more than happy with the wait haha

BreakBeat DJ and hutlock like this.
  25. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I ordered under the same priority shipping deal on 12/13 with an estimate to ship on 12/18. Finally got the UPS shipping notice on 12/23, but as of today 12/28, it still hasn’t been given to UPS. Luckily no Xmas presents in there, but still a bit annoying.

GentleSenator and hobbes4444 like this.