Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Brother Brian went to sleep and missed the sale. Hopefully, AS decides to run back the sale and do it again.

2. Mr_derp

Mr_derp Well-Known Member

Sale is back on per their Instagram post ending on Jan 4th 2021 at 11:59pm

oldjollymon and Swordsandchains like this.
  3. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

dont tell me this lol

Blair G., FWatty and Mr_derp like this.
  4. Mr_derp

Don't shoot the messenger :hide::biglaugh::targettiphat:

I'm still waiting on my order to ship, do they usually take a decent amount of time to ship out orders? Probably because of the holidays, covid and the sale to make a perfect storm of slower shipping time frames!

5. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

They’re usually super quick. I placed an order Thursday (Christmas Eve) and just got a shipping notification - which is pretty damn quick still with the holiday.

Mr_derp likes this.
  6. Swordsandchains

usually within 2 days, i placed 2 orders over the weekend and one shipped yesterday and one today. Just placed my 3rd order but couldnt resist with 15% off some music matters jazz titles and the main point was a chet baker LP came back into stock ive been wanting for awhiel thats sold out everywhere.

who needs money right!?

Mr_derp likes this.
  7. Levi's Tubs

Use that $45 stimulus money and buy some records!

8. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Is the 45 rpm Rumors the SH/KG mastering that is back in print? Acoustic Sounds doesn't say who mastered it. I've seen WTB posts a few months ago offering quite a bit for them.

I love the sound of the 33 rpm.

Mr_derp likes this.
  9. Mr_derp

Per their listing details

"This record was exceptionally recorded to begin with, and now with a remastering job from the original analog masters by the team of Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman at AcousTech Mastering"

10. Mr_derp

Good to know! I placed mine Xmas eve night and just checked and looks like its in the warehouse phase of shipping. Wish they had the Chet Baker sings in stock for this sale, come on repress!!

11. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

My mistake! I thought the blurb was the usual generic description of the album as they usually have the mastering information in the first couple of sentences in bold.

If this is being discussed elsewhere on the forum is this generally seen as a repressing or is this old stock that has been found? This is nuts, I'm 99% digital only, not even a massive fan of this album, have the 33 mastering and still thinking about it :help:

12. Swordsandchains

that might just be my favorite Tone Poet

hutlock likes this.
  13. It’s a repress, up for preorder at other outlets as well.

hvbias and GentleSenator like this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

like a ton of stuff that was on the WB catalog, this is a repress now using the Warner Records label instead. it's the same cut as the once OOP and insanely popular 2011 release. aside from the aforementioned difference in label, the other change with my copy was that it was shrinkwrapped instead of in a poly bag sleeve.

hvbias and Greenmonster2420 like this.
  15. timzigs

timzigs Forum Resident

Man, I dunno...I picked up both the 45 and 33 of Rumours and am not hearing it. Both sound somewhat veiled to me against my older copy. And my system is a tad on the bright side. Will give it some more listens for sure. I also picked up Brothers in Arms on this order and this thing blew me away on vinyl...open, full, clear, and detailed.

16. Levi's Tubs

I picked up the 33 Hoffman/Gray Rumours in the Tgiving sale. Was that cut the same time as the 45 everybody speaks of?

17. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I've heard this with an MFSL and Music Matters album, two different copies one of them sounding slightly muffled another quite balanced. It was discussed way back in the Music Matters thread a few years after the series subscriptions first started like 2010 give or take a few years. And I've heard it on far more albums with the exact same stampers pressed from before the 90s when vinyl was more popular.

On my copy I find the mastering balanced, if you've ever heard the Audio Fidelity Bad Company self titled on CD (so no chance of pressing variation) that is how I'd describe the mastering of SH/KG's Rumours that I have on 33.

Both are by SH/KG, I do believe they came out together.

18. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

To my ears, it’s just kind of mellow/warmer. It doesn’t immediately hit you as dynamic or detailed.

But these type of characteristics that some may find veiled, others say it’s “crankable”, so you can turn it up very loud and it never becomes grating or harsh.

So a lot probably has to do with system, listening volume, and expectations.

19. timzigs

timzigs Forum Resident

Perhaps. I tend to listen at moderate volumes.

20. I agree with @captouch on this one. At lower volumes the SH/KG Rumours almost sounds rolled off. But really it’s much more balanced than my original. Give it the juice and the detail, ease, and weight come through in spades. The drums really shine, but everything really comes together if you crank it up. Especially on the 45, to my ears.

captouch likes this.
  21. timzigs

timzigs Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm only 2 listens into it, so will definitely give it more time. It could be that I'm not the biggest FM fan to begin with so may need to dig a little deeper into the music. If it still doesn't move me, I'll go to the classifieds when it's OOS again. :evil:

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  22. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

ended up spending more than expected, if i added 1 more item i got upgraded to free fedex shipping so i couldnt say no to that.

23. Mr_derp

Got my 12/24 order in today and everything arrived in pristine shape. Time to start listening to them tonight to see how the pressings are. Quality packaging job A+ :goodie:

timzigs and Twinsfan007 like this.
  24. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Placed an order with them last Monday and it still hasn't shipped. Meanwhile, I placed an order with Music Direct last night and they shipped it today.

25. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

I placed an order last Sunday on the 27th and I just got the shipping notification today. I did call and spoke with a very nice lady that explained last week they were hit hard by all the orders from the sale.

Leviathan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.