USPS issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by larry333, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

2. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I'm experiencing something relating to this right now. I was supposed to receive something ordered from e bay this past Monday..then it became Wednesday. Still hasn't arrived. What I can't understand is this..why does an item make it to your home post office but instead of being subsequently delivered to your house it's detoured to another state...? Are these occurrences screw ups or is there an intentional method to the madness?? This, by the way, has happened many times before, pre-covid.

3. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

c-eling likes this.
  4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

All year, for me via this :D
    Shouldn't this be in Marketplace?
    [​IMG]

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  5. alarickc

alarickc Vinylholic

Nah, everythings fahdoodled now. My FedEx and UPS shipments are falling laughably behind schedule since mid-November. Up to a week late so far.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2020
  6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Things got beyond sucky for a few months, then got a lot better when they decided to start paying the USPS overtime again. Now they are veering back towards suck as of the past few weeks.

7. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

We've ordered a bunch of stuff from various on-line vendors. We've probably received, at least, thirty packages over the last two weeks. Here is the rough breakdown of relative performance:

Amazon Shipping - Basically perfect, everything shows up on time or ahead of time.
    UPS - A solid second place. We had one package arrive a couple of days late, but got an alert that it was going to run late, and was accurate.
    Fedex - A close third. I had a package arrive late with no updates on tracking, but I get the impression the vendor screwed it up. My wife had two packages from the same place with swapped tracking numbers, but both showed up the same day, so it didn't really matter.

USPS - We had three packages shipped via USPS. One showed up fine. One was shipped mid-November, was supposed to be delivered by the end of November, and has been knocking around various post office warehouses ever since. The most recent update from two days ago said it was shipped to my local USPS hub, only to be immediately rerouted to the other side of the state for some reason. The third package was so damaged during shipping our awesome mail carrier didn't even bother delivering it. He asked if we wanted to check it out, we said no, and he just marked it damaged and returned it for us. The problem is, that kind of thing should have been caught *way* before it got to the last carrier.

ClassicalCD likes this.
  8. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I received a Priority Mail package before 8:00 AM this morning. It took nine days to arrive, through.

9. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch the Face of God -

Are you for real?
    Man I have a package from Canada pass upstate before usps. I just hope I get it before x'mas.. and either not damaged.

10. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Sigh.

11. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

I'll give credit where it is due. Yeah, the post office is way behind but they have been working hard to catch up.
    I've received several packages on different days early morning recently, sometimes before 7 a.m.
    And not just priority mail, media mail included. I see their trucks delivering on Sundays as well.

SJP likes this.
  12. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

not sure which USPS thread to post this in. :shrug:

appears that FEDEX SMARTPOST is doing final delivery with FEDEX instead of handing over to USPS
    3:04 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    2:55 AM At local FedEx facility (Delivery scheduled via FedEx Ground, not US Postal Service)

13. I refunded a lost USPS package with a $20 eBay sale last week. Today I received a refund request for a $74 purchase showing delayed delivery. The purchased was made Dec. 14 at 8 PM, I waited in line at the Post Office to get it scanned December 15th at 11 AM. Now stuck in Chicago 12 days.

USPS.com® - USPS Tracking® Results

Tracking History
    December 30, 2020
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    December 26, 2020, 8:41 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
    CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 24, 2020, 8:13 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 23, 2020, 7:20 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 22, 2020, 2:35 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    December 15, 2020, 11:17 am
    USPS in possession of item
    LITTLE ROCK, AR 72211
    December 15, 2020, 8:33 am
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212

If eBay forces a refund and this buyer gets a free $74 purchase, delivered late, I am done with eBay. Letter from eBay for the refund request:

Respond as soon as possible,

[​IMG]
    Please work with your buyer to make it right

Hi P,

Your buyer opened a request because their item hasn't arrived. It is important for you to respond by Jan 7, 2021.

You can resolve your buyers request by providing tracking information or any additional shipping details. If you do not have tracking that shows delivery, please consider refunding your buyer.

Your final value fee will be credited if you send a full refund.

This transaction is covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, so your buyer can ask us to step in beginning Jan 8, 2021 to review the case and make a decision. Learn about eBay Money Back Guarantee

SJP likes this.
  14. Classic Car Guy

That's one of the reasons why I don't go there.... ebay is just a commissioner. When it comes to money, they only thing want is IN but not OUT. Buyers can be abusive too. The only winner in there is ebay, the shipping company and some buyers. Sellers gets the shaft..
    Bad News!

15. I should be grateful I am not a business seller, I am a low volume, long term seller but this situation with the USPS and eBay has been unbearable for me the last 9 months. What a mess, one problem after another.

I also buy things on eBay, here is a recent purchase of mine, purchased on Dec. 5th, delivered Jan. 4th and I never even sent a message to the seller, just checked the tracking a few times:

Tracking details
    USPS tracking #9550213404920343420060
    1. Jan 4, 2021
      3:19pm
      DELIVERED FRONT DOOR/PORCH
      LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    2. Jan 4, 2021
      6:30am
      OUT FOR DELIVERY
      LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    3. Jan 4, 2021
      6:19am
      ARRIVAL AT UNIT
      LITTLE ROCK, AR 72211
    4. Jan 2, 2021
      2:58pm
      PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
      MEMPHIS, TN 38136
    5. Dec 26, 2020
      2:47pm
      PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
      JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
    6. Dec 23, 2020
      12:26pm
      PACKAGE RESEARCH CASE CREATED 19926553
      LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    7. Dec 8, 2020
      12:16pm
      DEPART POST OFFICE
      PLEASANTVILLE, NJ 08232
    8. Dec 8, 2020
      9:14am
      USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
      PLEASANTVILLE, NJ 08232
    9. Dec 8, 2020
      6:43pm
      Tracking number provided

16. Classic Car Guy

So it was delivered, Why would they hit you for that?

17. My purchase was delivered in a month, my sale has not been delivered after 3 weeks and eBay hasn't hit me yet but may in 3 days, see the letter above.

18. Classic Car Guy

They should wait. The buyer is cry baby and a con-artist which is a very bad combination. If they want fast shipping, they should have offered you an extra money and insurance to cover it.
    Twisted. just like the left wing.

Chris Gerhard likes this.
  19. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

It's up to the Seller to offer multiple shipping methods on Ebay... Not the buyer.

20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

@Chris Gerhard, I had an outgoing $20 album via eBay get stuck back in mid December just as yours is now (12/16, processed through Bell Gardens...then nothing). In late December, the buyer opened a case but it really came across like an inquiry, "do you have any additional tracking information" rather than a demand for a refund. Strangely, the USPS site showed a 12/20 scan where eBay's link to tracking did not but regardless, it started moving again on 12/30.

Because eBay wanted action by 1/1/2021 or else they would step in, I contacted the buyer stating that I did what they asked, provided additional info and the package was clearly moving again, asking if they would close the case. They did so and the album was delivered on 1/2/2021. Not all buyers would be this gracious.

eBay should be extending delivery times for this period by at least 30 days to allow things to start moving again.

Chris Gerhard likes this.
  21. Classic Car Guy

If I want to get something shipped faster, I will ask the seller and pay for it. Fair is fair and I wont put it on the seller if anything happens. Reverb doesn't tolerate that bs that's why they're very respectable. These are the reasons why I don't buy anything at ebay. maybe nothing wrong, its just a personal preference and standard.

22. This buyer wants a refund, I have refused and it will be decided by eBay if it isn't delivered in a couple of days. If eBay forces a refund, it is a black mark on my account, which I can live with. Granting automatic refunds for buyer complaints will become a thing of the past for me, USPS has to have definitely lost the package, delayed is on the buyer. My seller status indicates the following, the number might move to 2 soon.
    • Cases closed without seller resolution 1

23. As far as offering Priority Mail, eBay charges me 12% of shipping charged buyer but only 10.8% of the sales price. Buyer can leave low ratings for shipping charges if free shipping isn't selected. There is no good solution to this problem but the best option may be to offer first class shipping and just add the amount to the purchase price and offer free shipping, that will put me at a disadvantage to the competition but I would rather not sell than deal with more of this crap, that should be less bad than what I am doing now. First Class is no guarantee for timely delivery but has a much better chance than Media Mail, the packages too heavy for First Class will have to use Priority Mail.

24. This is the item I refunded last week. It took my post office 33 days to scan it.

Tracking details
    USPS tracking #9449008205496939543232
    • Jan 4, 2021
    • 8:57pm
    • DEPART USPS FACILITY
    • MEMPHIS, TN 38136
    • Jan 4, 2021
    • 2:04pm
    • DEPART USPS FACILITY
    • MEMPHIS, TN 38136
    • Jan 4, 2021
    • 1:48pm
    • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    • MEMPHIS, TN 38136
    • Jan 4, 2021
    • 12:33pm
    • ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
    • LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    • Dec 2, 2020
    • 8:14am
    • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
    • LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    • Dec 2, 2020
    • 7:03am
    • SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
    • LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    • Dec 2, 2020
    • 5:03am
    • Tracking number provided

25. Usually items I ship go to Memphis from Little Rock directly. Once in a while, it will go to Oxford, MS before Memphis, no idea why but I know I am doubly screwed when that happens. This time it stayed in Oxford 14 days, took a couple of days before Memphis acknowledged receipt, then 6 days to leave Memphis. I could have walked from Little Rock to Memphis with a 50 lb. bag of mail, loaded it on the truck going out of town and beat that time by a couple of weeks.

USPS.com® - USPS Tracking® Results

Tracking History
    January 6, 2021, 4:22 am
    LANCASTER PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Your item arrived at our USPS facility in LANCASTER PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 6, 2021 at 4:22 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    January 6, 2021, 3:22 am
    HARRISBURG PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    January 6, 2021, 2:45 am
    HARRISBURG PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    January 5, 2021, 7:34 am
    MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
    January 4, 2021
    In Transit to Next Facility
    January 1, 2021, 2:02 am