Lost coming to streaming

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jlocke08, Jan 5, 2021.

1. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Excited to here this. Digital Spy reporting that Disney+ is launching a new brand called Star which is supposed to double the amount of content on Disney+ and this will include Lost. Also to include 24, Prison Break, Desperate Housewives, X-Files, HIMYM, etc. Launch reported to be Feb 23.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Is Lost not on Amazon Video?

3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Streams on Hulu, now. www.justwatch.com

This is one series I've been interested in watching, as I didn't pay much attention to it during it's original run. Hopefully my Disney+ sub will allow for this new service at no additional charge.

4. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

I was a big LOST fan and remain so. I've been saddened by the extremely (in my opinion) simplistic legacy of the show. Everyone has simply rushed to agree with each other, repeating over and over again that it had a disappointing ending that didn't answer any questions. Leaving aside the fact that the show DID provide answers for almost every question raised (whether or not one liked these answers is a different issue), I think this narrative does a disservice to the fact that LOST was six seasons long and whether or not one personally liked the very last episode shouldn't discount the quality of the previous six seasons.

This show featured some of the best and most complex characters on television at the time. The storytelling was interesting and engaging. And it most certainly did not peak in the first season, which is another opinion I see parroted online often. Many of the show's greatest characters (Desmond, Ben, Juliet) weren't even introduced until the second or third seasons. The show was at its peak from about the middle of season three through to the end of season four. Just one superlative episode after another, including season 4 episode 5 'The Constant'--one of the best episodes of television ever produced.

My point: LOST is well-worth watching and it deserves better than the catty, dismissive legacy it has received. It was one of the first TV shows to really be entwined with the Internet. And I personally loved the final season and final episode, which some viewers didn't seem to even understand.

Juan Matus, TonyR, Lee Davis and 18 others like this.
  5. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I think Lost would have benefitted from maybe three or four 13-episode seasons, rather than six seasons of 22 (?) episodes. You could tell at the time that some of the episodes were filler, and that they were making stuff up as they went along in order to fill the episodes ordered by ABC.

I would also like to see a non-supernatural and non-conspiracy oriented version of the premise: survivors of a plane crash living on an uncharted island (yeah, no Gilligan’s Island jokes). I think you could get a few seasons of interesting drama out of building the society, the politics, the struggles, etc.

Spastica likes this.
  6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Thought a reboot is planned ?

7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Lost is on Amazon Prime Video in Canada. I love how anytime you hit pause on Amazon Video, IMDB X-Ray pops up listing the profile for all the people in that scene. It’s so cool for an older show like Lost with so many characters.

Thanks for posting justwatch.com. It’s very accurate with info.

Rufus McDufus, Quadboy and SamS like this.
  8. jlocke08

was unaware of the Hulu availability.

9. jlocke08

Amen Brother!

10. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

All of those shows including LOST have been available for streaming for years.

11. jlocke08

i was unaware of the Lost streaming as i don't have Hulu so i did think it was something new. as for the other series mentioned, only included them in my post to show what was coming with the new Disney+ brand.

12. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

You can also watch it for free with commercials on IMDB TV.

13. jlocke08

commercials?:doh::thumbsdow

14. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

Yes, those things content providers use to make a little money back for providing you with shows without having to pay a monthly fee. My point was that LOST is and has been available on multiple streaming platforms for some time. The fact that another start up service is going to have it is not news.

15. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

There’s definitely internet snobbery towards a tv series on a cable network. I’ve only seen the first 3 seasons of Lost and thought some of the episodes were the greatest tv episodes of all time. There’s other tv series on cable networks I thought were incredibly enjoyable with some episodes that are as good as tv gets. But you mention this online and people freak out that you liked a cable show ? I don’t get it.

alexpop likes this.
  16. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

I agree it is a great show, which I missed watching during its lifetime, but binged (probably the first time I did so) when it first came to Netflix. The word cliffhanger doesn't begin to describe how excited the viewer was for the next episode.

I didn't like the last couple seasons as much, and I have to agree with the general consensus on the finale (kind of boring), but that doesn't take away from the vast majority of the episodes that were great television.

What I loved most of all was the fact that we had a science fiction TV show that wasn't set in space or in the future. I wish more writers/producers would wake up to the realization of this possibility.

17. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

I read a different online article about Disney+ acquiring Lost and 24 etc (which I've binged the first 5 seasons of recently from the DVD sets) but when a company ((D+) takes up the shows will they insist they become exclusive to D+ when Lost is already on Amazon etc?

18. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yes, that's typically what happens.

Quadboy likes this.
  19. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

It's been on Hulu and Amazon (and or Amazon's IMDB channel).

Non supernatural, I would love, but the conspiracy aspect is essential... I mean yeah, you could do a version without DHARMA and all that it involved, but then it's just people on an island.

20. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

One is usually announced every April 1st.

SamS likes this.
  21. alexpop

Yes! A lot of snobbery, unwarranted. A thought provoking TV series for its time.

Brenald79 likes this.
  22. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I wonder how many folks who never saw the show have and/or will immediately stream the last episode first and then go, “Um, what?” To be fair, I watched the entire series when it originally aired and I still said, “Um, what,” at the ending.

23. alexpop

Yeah. Ending.. after rewatching the series a few times I don’t mind it.

24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I watched the pilot last night on HULU. I've never seen the show. I remember hearing about it when it was on, but I'm not big on television and didn't get involved.

It seems interesting, but asking me to put the time in to watch the entire series is a tall order. And I've heard talk that it may be a fruitless endeavor for some.

I'll watch another episode or two, see what happens....

25. alexpop

I binged watched it 2011, series ended 2010.
    21st Century, so many great tv series ..and LOST is in my top five.