Bob Dylan LP remasters by Mobile Fidelity starting w/Freewheelin' & Another Side...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sunsales, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Anyone with any insight on whether or not there's even a chance of a Love and Theft restock please chime in. I'm just not knowledgeable on the ins and outs of MoFi's availability

2. SongAndDanceMan

SongAndDanceMan Forum Resident

I'd say pretty good chance. With these 3000 limited ones there is usually a few different drops. I think Love And Theft has only had 1 drop so far? Anyways when/if they do come back you'll have to be quick as it'll be gone in a couple days.

3. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

From what I understand it’s now out of print. We’re waiting for the second run to happen but that run is already all allocated. No more.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Sept. 10th :
    Yes. Now on their way. I see where both have sold for 3 times the retail price on Discogs.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  5. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

Oh Mercy restock came and went. I have to imagine that some went into distribution... If anyone has a lead on a copy I'd appreciate it.

6. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I ordered Oh Mercy two days ago when Music Direct announced it as back in stock and ready to ship. Still hasn’t shipped. But I hope it will.

7. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

My copy of the Oh Mercy 2 x 45 did just ship. MusicDirect now lists this title as “product no longer available.” I assume they’ve now pressed and sold the entire 3,000 copy run?

It’s a race against time for me to complete the Bob Dylan MoFi collection. There are some titles, like Desire, that I’ve outright missed and will have to track down on the secondary market.

Myke likes this.
  8. Myke

No seam splits as they removed all 4 records, as I requested.
    All 4 are flat.
    All 4 sound great.
    Worth the 5 month wait.

9. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

Gotta love the SHF. Thanks to the generous member who sold me a copy!

[​IMG]

AshS, MAYBEIMAMAZED, jgrillo and 12 others like this.
  10. AshS

AshS Forum Resident

Oh Mercy has finally arrived! Do not be afraid to order backordered titles on Music Direct. You will get one when the record comes back into stock. This one is definitely a head scratcher to me because none of the others sold out so quickly. I got 2406/4000.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  11. SongAndDanceMan

Don't put much stock into the numbers. I've bought records from this series that have been in distribution for many years and they were low numbers. They don't ship them out starting with the lowest.

Spencer R likes this.
  12. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

Be careful with Music Direct. I ordered the Super vinyl Desire, told them to put it aside to ship with Love and Theft when it arrives. Checked the order a couple of days ago and it was “cancelled” When I asked they said it was oversold. In other words yes it was over sold but because I asked them to put it aside I was an easy target to cancel.

13. SongAndDanceMan

You were so brave to trust them to hang onto that SV Desire for that long

14. Myke

Remaining copies of Oh Mercy being announced on Facebook and emails being rec'd right now.

Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy

FWatty likes this.
  15. Myke

I posted on Facebook that there was a rumor this was the last of the Dylans...is this true ?

MOFI just responded " yes, these are the last copies."

16. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

"yes, these are the last copies . . . [of these copies, lol]."

17. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Link says Sold Out.

18. Myke

No surprise after 3 hours.

19. I’ll never pre order with in stock titles ever again. Saving a bit on shipping in not worth the chance of missing out on a title.

superstar19 likes this.
  20. Myke

They held Love And Theft for 5 months for me until Oh Mercy arrived.

A couple of years ago, an MD rep held a James Gang album at her desk for me as mine was missing in USPS transit. I rec'd the record after the original never showed up.

They've never done wrong by me.

Spencer R likes this.
  21. teag

teag Forum Resident

I bought Oh Mercy on Elusive Disc 2 days ago. Shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. Out of stock now and they say there will be no more.

And got 10% off with free shipping by spending $99!

Echoes Myron likes this.
  22. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I just got the debut and Another Side in mono to complete the run of mono Dylan albums MoFi has done. Have most of the stereo LPs from Nashville Skyline onwards. Don’t have Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, which I do have on SACD, or Desire. Desire is the one I’m now most eager to get.

Don’t have Planet Waves or Greatest Hits, but I have vintage LPs of these and don’t really feel the need to upgrade to the MoFis.

23. Myke

They've just revised this to mean Oh Mercy only.

24. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Back in stock, lol.

25. SongAndDanceMan

Sold out again. They probably have like a cancellation or two.