The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Forum Resident

Just finished Queen's Gambit-loved it

Now trying to catch up on Better Call Saul... just started season 3

2. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  3. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

footlooseman and Hadean75 like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Alfred Hitchcock Presents...

Jimmy B. likes this.
  5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I've been rewatching some early seasons of the Simpsons again. I went to bed with The Twilight Zone on last night.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

We just started The White Queen on Starz and it’s another winner, very PBS. Starting the stunning Rebecca Ferguson who was in last years The Shining sequel Doctor Sleep as Rose The Hat. Good historical drama full of sex and war kinda like GOT but without dragons.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I'm watching Banshee. I missed it when it was on Cinemax, but I'm going back to watch based on the great reviews.

It's over the top, but quite entertaining so far.

AndrewK likes this.
  8. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Working through Modern Family as I write (just starting season 8). First six seasons were very funny, but I noticed a drop off in season 7.

Or maybe I'm just tiring of it.

Also plodding through The Queen's Gambit - I'll finish it at some point, but I don't get why it has been getting so much praise. I don't really find myself rooting for the protagonist.

9. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

10. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Now And Again
    Science Fiction-Comedy-Drama
    Episodes 3 & 4
    Clever premise, writing & like these actors from here & other shows/movies. :) Remember liking it when it aried: 1999-2000. Very worthwhile/ enjoying it "now & again!" :winkgrin::thumbsup:
    Cast: Eric Close, Dennis Haysbert, Margaret Colin, Heather Matarazzo. Narrator: Charles Durning
    "When Michael Wiseman is killed in a tragic subway accident, the U.S. government covertly makes him an offer he can't refuse; they "keep his brain alive" and place it into a new, genetically bio-engineered body. The doctor in charge of the experiment has grand plans for him, but all Michael wants is to get back to his grieving wife and daughter. For security reasons, the government forbids such contact... not that Michael is going to let that stop him."
    [​IMG]

11. JJFlash

JJFlash Forum Resident

Homeland. Just discovered this series on Hulu.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  12. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Well, I watched episode 2 of Call Me Kat and the first episode or two of Mr. Mayor. Neither of them did much for me.

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Honeymooners...whenever I need a good laugh.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  14. George P

George P Notable Member

15. Kaskade10729

Is that your favorite episode?

16. The Twilight Zone - "Static"

What a nice episode
    Everything I wish for, what I wish for - to go back in time. Have a second chance. What I wish..........

17. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Family Guy

Grand_Ennui and Hadean75 like this.
  18. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Deception
    Episode #1
    "After his career as a magician is ruined by a scandal, Las Vegas illusionist Cameron Black becomes the world's first "consulting illusionist" as he works with the FBI to solve odd crimes.[2]"
    Re-watching. Remember liking it when it aired in 2018.
    [​IMG]

19. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Mythbusters on tv this morning.

The Big Bang Theory on Blu-Ray this afternoon.

20. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

No, it's not you ... there really is a dramatic decline in the later seasons.

21. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Pretend It's A City by Martin Scorsese and Fran Lebowitz on Netflix. Scorsese and Lebowitz talking about NYC, with Lebowitz showing she's lost none of her edge over the years. Very smartly done, good filmed interjections, it's riotously funny and, as it was filmed before COVID, a love letter to New York City as only these two city vets could come up with.
    All seven episodes now streaming on Netflix.

22. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

Watched the first episode of the 19th season of "Hell's Kitchen" with Gordon Ramsay on FOX. If any celebrity chef has become a TV caricature of himself, it's Ramsay. I suspect most people can't take the guy seriously. However, I ate at his restaurant, "Maze", at the London Hotel in NYC, and it was one of the best meals I've ever had.

They've tried to keep things current this season with the persona of contestants, for example, the two pictured below. Ramsay had choice comments for both of them, "That beard is a fire hazard in the kitchen, what color is your hair going to be next week", etc.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

24. Kaskade10729

25. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Modern Family

Damn, I was hoping it was just me...in two minds now as to whether I should bother with the final few seasons. Been stung like that before**.

**I watched the final season of Big Bang Theory and wished I hadn't bothered. Ditto Lost. Ditto Game of Thrones!