Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Looks like pre-orders are pretty dicey with these Target sales. In-stock items usually come through just fine, or at least that is my experience.

hutlock likes this.
  2. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

Is there any relationship with the frequency of the approvals with the pending charge on your credit card? I noticed that I have had a pending Target charge on my CC since making the B2G1 order and I wonder if I’m asked to renew each time the charge is about to drop off...

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Does anybody know how they bill as far as the buy two get one free?
    I'm thinking they billef me for the full price for the two albums and the free ones the one they're not going to get

4. The discount is prorated across the three records. So if your free record was $21, it is $7 off each record.

aoxomoxoa and GentleSenator like this.
  5. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Well, the Sarah Vaughan record is shipping Friday, just when I had given up hope. What doesn't make sense is that the Clifford Brown album is still up for pre-order, even though my order was canceled. Usually when my pre-orders are canceled, the item shows up as out of stock. Oh well.

6. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Amazon listing says that Clifford Brown release date was pushed back to January 29. I also pre-ordered both from Target and somehow got lucky in that they are both still pending - including same delivery info for Sarah Vaughn. Don’t understand why some are cancelled and some aren’t.

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

My last delayed hold out byrd in flight finally shipped
    Still weird some people had it cancelled but mine went through

8. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Ditto. Along with my Sidewinder and Sarah Vaughan.

superstar19 likes this.
  9. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yeah, was relieved to get notices for Sidewinder, Byrd In Flight and Waiting Game here.

hutlock likes this.
  10. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

My Nina Simone LP was cancelled last night, but I was given the option to approve a delay on Clifford Brown...

11. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I approved a delay on The Rajah a few days back (Tuesday) and then today, I got another notice to approve another (apparently different) delay for it. I have a feeling they are going to just keep doing this until I miss one. They really don’t want me to have this record for some reason.

The Elephant Man likes this.
  12. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

What did you do to them? Did you make fun of Minneapolis or something?
    :--)

hutlock likes this.
  13. hutlock

Right?! My best friend actually lives in MPLS! He does make fun of St Paul all the time hahahaha

The Elephant Man likes this.
  14. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I got the cancellation email for Sidewinder. I never got a email about the approve delay and I have gotten plenty for other records. This one did have a note on my orders page about needing approval but no button to push for approval. When I noticed it appeared to be in stock I called to see if mine would be shipping, it seemed it was going to ship until the cancellation came. Now it says sold out so it is not really worth calling. Unfortunate I could have grabbed it through Amazon or one of my Acoustic sounds orders but figured I could wait but now it seem to be sold out everywhere. Guess I have to wait for the repress I have the SACD though.

15. superstar19

That stinks. I had similar happen to one of my orders about needing delay approval but no button. Had to do a chat with them and place a new order and they gave me a gift card to apply so I could still get the discount. Had to do that for 4 or 5 items. So annoying. Amazon gives you like 30 days to approve a delay.

16. hutlock

Yeah, I think the difference is that Amazon actually WANTS to sell you things, while Target seems hellbent on getting orders cancelled.

sennj, GentleSenator and superstar19 like this.
  17. Levi's Tubs

I've got 3 pre-orders that have been delayed to hell and back shipping this week: Sarah Vaughan, Tina Brooks and finally the new Sturgill Simpson record that I figured was left for dead somewhere. I think these were the 3 remaining pre-orders that had not yet been canceled.

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  18. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

How often they do the sale. Daddy wants a new pair of box sets....

samwise likes this.
  19. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

I’ve only had one LP cancelled in the year I’ve been buying Target. Probably ordered 2 dozen LPs (which means I’ve got 6 or 7 free!?). That was the Nina Simone ‘I put a spell on you’ last week. Is the non-fulfillment increasing, specific to a certain brand or another pattern?

I held on to 4-5 delays to the Buffalo Springfield box last year over 3-4 months and eventually landed a pristine copy for $69. At a time when it was out of stock from most major retailers. Not a bad place to fish, just trying to understand the hole a bit more.

20. Levi's Tubs

The Horace Silver record shipped a few days after the release date. That coupled with finally receiving three backordered preorder records this week leads me to believe that Target seems to be slowly getting back on track. Must've been the holiday season, which only made Covid/manufacturer issues tenfold worse for retailers.

21. threequartersbaked

threequartersbaked Forum Resident

I had Sarah Vaughan, Clifford Brown and The Rajah all preordered in a B2G1 from November. Last week, the day after the Sarah Vaughan shipped, they cancelled Clifford Brown and The Rajah at 4am without an option to approve a delay. Both were still showing as available for preorder (release date was pushed 1/29) so I called customer service. They said they couldn't offer me the previous deal/price (basically $9 off each record) but instead had me add both cancelled albums back into my cart and credited full price for one of them. Long story short, I got the SV for $18 and am now getting both Clifford Brown and The Rajah for $27 total.

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  22. hutlock

My copy of The Rajah is now listed as “Preparing To Ship” so it looks like I’ll be getting that one at least. However, they cancelled SEVEN other records from this order so I have no idea what they are going to be charging me at this point. Swear if this thing even shows up so much with the tiniest corner ding I am gonna throw a fit.

GentleSenator and superstar19 like this.
  23. superstar19

I'll be so relieved when the Scofield/Metheny and Paul Chambers Tone Poets ship as that will be the last of my Target orders. Was able to get everything I initially ordered, but several had to be re-ordered with chat and gift card or discount applied.

hutlock likes this.
  24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Anyone ever get the "Oh Mercy" MoFi?

Target is still sending me emails to update that I still want it since its delayed. I keep saying yes really just to see how long it goes on before they say they are discontinued and wont have it. I figure theyll get a clue around 2025 lol

25. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

With all the canceled items how are you guys keeping up with the charges? Sounding like a PIA now. If I ever hit the sale again it wont be for pre orders. And thats a big if.