The Monkees "The Monkees" 2020–Deluxe Edition 2 LPs on vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lemonade kid, Oct 9, 2020.

1. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I see they have a preorder for this release! Release date... 26th march 2021.

However, at £42.99, it's actually just over £1 more than I paid for my preorder+shipping (assumedly on Yellow Vinyl). Assuming the tax man doesn't get me...

Don Cooper and cloggedmind like this.
  2. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

I’ve made four orders from Run Out Groove ... first two were hit by customs/handling fees, last two thankfully skipped past them ...

3. FJFP

I've noticed their setup looks like it might be run by Warner's distro, who I've had mark item values as low as $1 recently, so I'm hopeful.

Don Cooper likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Hep Alien and cloggedmind like this.
  5. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Iceman08, D-rock and Hep Alien like this.
  6. ToEhrIsHuman

ToEhrIsHuman Forum Resident

I'm not worried about the S/T vinyl with Kevin at the mastering board.

FJFP likes this.
  7. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

No, not at all. I was referring to the DE cd's. The KG vinyl is a most welcome release.

McLover, FJFP and ToEhrIsHuman like this.
  8. Iceman08

Iceman08 Forum Resident

Andrew Sandoval mentioned in one of the last Monkees "Zilch" podcast that they used the master tapes for one side of the original 1966 German release as source for this new release.

D-rock, Hep Alien and FJFP like this.
  9. FJFP

I know my German Stereos of MOTM and HQ sound great, so I'm happy with this.

Iceman08 likes this.
  10. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

mine too!

11. stereoguy

Great Podcast! Andrew mentions that this year, 2020, they have found some new tapes. Does Anyone know what tapes were actually found?

12. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

That's awesome news. But will the contents be spread out over several releases over the next several years? Hope not.

13. stereoguy

Something that I took from the podcast: They are still looking for the first generation master for "The Monkees" album. That would be the only reason why they would have had to use the German master for one side, and the safety master for side two.

14. Paul Sofronoff

Paul Sofronoff The Last Earbender

My order says shipped - however not clear when and tracking isnt working...

FJFP likes this.
  15. FJFP

That's very exciting news! Where did you see the update?

EDIT: I just checked my order status - it's noted 'as processing', so no movement here.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  16. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

As far as Andrews podcasts go, the only thing worth discussing at this point is when on earth are we getting the final two deluxe album box sets. The longer this reluctance to issue them goes on, the more absurd it becomes.

Grand_Ennui and D-rock like this.
  17. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

That's Rhino's call, not Andrew's. Andrew has been ready to go on the last two for years. Between the slumping industry and the pandemic, I can't see anything happening on that front until probably next year.

18. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Having a tough time pulling the trigger on this. All my 80s Monkees vinyl sounds great and I bought that bottom of the barrel handmade 3CD set.. now they suddenly have more tracks.

Hep Alien, Grand_Ennui and TimM like this.
  19. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

I get that Andrew would proceed if he could but whoever's holding these up needs a kick up the ********. I don't believe the pandemic is an issue either, plenty of product released last year and plenty to come in 2021.

D-rock, Pawnmower and Grand_Ennui like this.
  20. FJFP

I mean, you say new tracks - what’s new here that isn’t just a remix?

Iceman08 likes this.
  21. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Yes. And I am fine with black vinyl. Glad to see this announcement, and hope there's more titles coming.

22. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Buy a turntable, and buy what sells. I want those sets as badly as you do, and I'd like them on CD and vinyl, so there's choice. But CD is getting to be a lesser seller. I can play either.

Iceman08 and D-rock like this.
  23. FJFP

Yes, I'd love a set like this for MOTM - the possibilities for a 2nd LP are strong with this one! After that, I'd happily skip HQ, PACJ & HEAD due to the lack of outtakes. TBTBTM, IR & Present would be great candidates for it.

24. stereoguy

Absolutely!! The same treatment should be done for "More of The Monkees". There are early versions of Valerie, I'll Be Back, etc that would fit perfectly on the 2nd Lp.

I just checked my order status....mine did NOT ship yet.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    FJFP likes this.
  25. Paul Sofronoff

Paul Sofronoff The Last Earbender

I'm hoping it means I have the yellow vinyl. The sad aspect is that ROG's international tracking doesnt work. So I know it has shipped but wont anymore until it lands on my doorstep!

FJFP likes this.