Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

Me either. This was on their Facebook page: "We had a pricing error on a number of titles on our website. Unfortunately, we are unable to honor the orders placed for those items. We will be in touch with affected customers in the next 24 hrs. We sincerely apologize for the error."

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Friendly reminder that you can use that discount code on pre-orders too—just placed an order for the forthcoming New Age Steppers box set from On-U Sound...

3. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Forum Resident

Hadn't seen that -- ordered! :) Thank you!

hutlock likes this.
  4. hutlock

On-U just announced it a couple of days back so I was surprised to see it on DD so soon. Can’t wait to get this one!

blewmaearsout likes this.
  5. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

6. popscene

popscene Senior Member

This is a must have. I ordered one, as well as a 2 CD Sleeper anthology (for $3.99!!) and a 2 CD Ro-d-ys compilation (not in the blowout bin, but I love these "Golden Age of Dutch Pop Music" discs) to get me over the hump for free shipping.

The Sleeper Inbetweener [Import] United Kingdom - Import on DeepDiscount

Ro-D-Ys Golden Years Of Dutch Pop Music [Import] Holland - Import on DeepDiscount

7. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Package arrived today. Ordered Jan 4th received on the 13th. Not bad. I’ve had some orders take 3-4 weeks from various vendors since covid.

8. hutlock

Yeah that Sleeper is absolutely great for that price. They also had their comeback album in the bin for a while too—might have to grab that one too if it is still around.

9. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I may be done with DD after the film fiasco. BB HONORS mis prices. DD is large enough to handle it.

superstar19 likes this.
  10. moomoomoomoo

Got the $5 email yesterday. Still not pleased. BB has honored equally large misprices in the past; DD is huge and can afford it. Waste of 2 hours at best. On the way to pick up my Amazon Hayworth box for about 40 cents more.

11. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yes, move on from them. Win some, lose some.

hutlock likes this.
  12. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

The comeback is a surprisingly solid album (this from someone who wasn’t much into them at the time, beyond a couple of the singles).

hutlock, popscene and latheofheaven like this.
  13. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, kind of silly imo to completely dispose of them due to not accepting the clear price mistake. I'm happy with the $5 personally and i'm sure i'll get plenty of other solid deals in the near future as well like I have been getting for years. BTW if you are done with them you need to also be done with Popmarket, importcds, CollectorsChoice, CCVinyl etc.

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  14. moomoomoomoo

Yep.

I'm VERY AWARE of their empire! They put a lot of mid sized net retailers out of business by TEMPORARILY selling below cost.

Best Buy historically has honored price errors. SOW, odd that BB & others had similar pricing. Apparently based on posts, BB did fill orders until they ran out.

15. superstar19

Yeah, I've followed deal threads on the net for years so I learned long ago how to tell the time with these price mistakes especially with the larger retailers.

hutlock likes this.
  16. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Have people who ordered the Toyah/Humans box got it yet? I have not.

17. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Anyone got a current discount code, I just missed the snow15 one?

18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Wait a few weeks, another discount code will issue. My guess is Valentine's Day. Perhaps President's Day.

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I got mine.

20. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Browsing get_importcds on ebay, which is the same company, I've seen some prices actually cheaper there than on DD even with the 15% off.

PhantomStranger and Juggsnelson like this.
  21. moomoomoomoo

That's amusing, as total ebay fees for "media" are currently running just under 18% + shipping.

samwisefan likes this.
  22. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

I got mine this week.

23. superstar19

Toyah really delivered this week.

24. hutlock

Vinyl bin down to 788 this morning. I would hope/think we are due for some major additions soon...

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i get bi-weekly e-mails from popmarket encouraging me to check out their "closeout crate", which as we all know is the same thing as the blowout bin. but never anything new.

i'm still trying to get through the pile of crap i ordered during the last sale.