'Tone Poet' Jazz Reissue Series*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cds23, Dec 23, 2018.

1. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

The All Seeing Eye has already been mastered. It was on JH's Instagram feed. Did they get cold feet or something?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGNexWYp8nZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    kt66brooklyn likes this.
  2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

While I have no other pressing of it with which to compare, my US original is astonishingly good, and I've used it as a demo disc.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  3. ryu

ryu Forum Resident

A Tone Poet Tex Book Tenor would be great indeed. Instant purchase.

4. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

If memory serves, much worse on the Mosaic set I listened to for years. In my opinion, it's an okay title and a good sounding Blue Note.

5. Agreed and so have I. If forced to choose, I would probably stick with the OG. But the 45 certainly has its wow moments as well. The sharp transients really show off some of the incredibly fast licks played on that album.

6. AnalogJ

I imagine so. There's just no beating a 45 for delineation of detail and ease of presentation.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  7. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Further Explorations by the Horace Silver Quintet — this superb session was recorded January 13, 1958 . . .

[​IMG]
    1958/2020 Blue Note ‎– BST 81589
    Blue Note Tone Poet Series – KPG@CA

8. AndreaNaim

AndreaNaim Well-Known Member

hi, thanks to the lockdown and the stay at home, I listened to several tone poets and classic blue note series. For heaven's sake the jazz genre of these publications I like enough, but despite some boasting and pushing commercially especially some artists' publications I think this is a bit the policy of the forum. there is someone who is pumping the purchase of some vinyls! I don't think I'm wrong, in all forums there are paid people pushing! After all, the releases of this kind are all alike unless we take Cassandra Crossing or Pat Matheni. You cannot buy vinyls that are the subject of your pumping and advice on the various sites. When an enthusiast has several, I have 10 for example, I think that's enough. Then of course, there is also the collection factor and those who compulsively buy it just for the sake of having it at home and then will never listen to it or maybe a few years to follow. In my case I prefer to buy records from different authors, never the same, although I love Lee Morgan, Bobby Hutcherson and Lou Donaldson of that period. N.B. : Bird in Flyght and The Waiting Game for me are the same and are very, very similar !!! A greeting. Let's think about health, there is not only music and vices !!! but right now jazz is oxygen for the soul and ears!

miq2son, MisterBritt and Swann36 like this.
  9. Swann36

Swann36 A widower finding solace in music

@Hardiman ... you should start a thread called "Tone Poet wash n vac .... recomendations" :righton:

Dan Steele and Hardiman like this.
  10. Kimiimacman

Kimiimacman Forum Resident

Are you saying it now has a 12” platter rather than the label sized one? I can’t see anything on their site so I guess it’s very recent. I did a mod on mine to redirect the airflow sideways.

11. Hardiman

Hardiman Forum Resident

Yes, on Amazon someone asked and they replied saying they supply a 12" acrylic platter with the VC-E with each order now!

mktracy and Kimiimacman like this.
  12. AnalogJ

I believe they include both size platters. Or is that the new Okki Nokki One?

13. struttincool

What we really need now is a discussion of a machine that cleans your records and also flawlessly peels off hype stickers.

14. Hardiman

Hardiman Forum Resident

This is what our desperation has come to hahaha!

gorangers and Swann36 like this.
  15. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

Please have a list ready of what we can and cannot speak about and make it available on the OP.

Thank you.

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. LongHairedJazz

LongHairedJazz Forum Resident

What about Silver n percussion with a new cover?! :frog:

Dan Steele likes this.
  17. struttincool

just use your common sense

18. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Here is the update I just got from Joe. Its what was originally stated that the sales on these records have exceeded expectations, so they were just making sure there was a solid plan in place to get previous titles repressed as soon as possible. He did ask me to plead with everyone to stop buying so many...ha! The announcement will be made early next week as they are finishing up the confirmed dates so they are as accurate as they can be. I'm sure this will happen now.

19. RyeB

RyeB Forum Resident

Appreciate the update. Thanks.

Craig's Story and scotti like this.
  20. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

Do you know how many titles will be announced - I assume 22 titles until the end of the year starting with february?

scotti likes this.
  21. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Yes, here is a hint and I can't say no more. Look at the last word from my first sentence.

By the way, I just relooked at the list and I was wrong yesterday. The All Seeing Eye is coming this year. That was already announced, so okay to say.

mktracy, NorthNY Mark, trd and 8 others like this.
  22. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

What about Soothsayer?

SOOTHSAYER?

DEAR GOD, WHAT ABOUT SOOTHSAYER?

:D

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  23. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Maybe the new BN series, but not a Tone Poet. Great record!

24. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Quit playing games with my heart

25. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

Backstreet boys? I'm not sure I'd want to see a Tone Poet reissue of that one... Kenny G would probably be better :D