Beatles:Least favourite album ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by alexpop, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Least favourite Beatles album?

Ignoring soundtracks.. YS.

Not keen on Let It Be ( maybe if Ballad Of John and Yoko was on it).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  2. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Oh God here comes another Let it Be hate thread

3. rainingdogs

rainingdogs Death Of A Clown

Pepper, it's stale, overplayed and boring to me now...................

KDubATX, rod, moops and 6 others like this.
  4. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

Tricky one... I guess I’d have to say, ‘The Worst Of The Beatles’.

5. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Let It Be :)

a customer, 12" 45rpm and joemarine like this.
  6. James I

James I Forum Resident

All of them

PepiJean, stef1205, lahtbp and 3 others like this.
  7. Philip Gruber

Philip Gruber Forum Resident

Let It Be

a customer likes this.
  8. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

This is not a judgment call on the album in any way..but the only way I can answer the question is to consider which album I go to the least...and for whichever reason or combination thereof, that album is A Hard Days Night. That includes compilations.

stevenson66g and alexpop like this.
  9. Clarkophile

Clarkophile Through the Morning, Through the Night

10. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

With The Beatles

gd0, el supernautico, DTK and 7 others like this.
  11. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Has anyone said Let It Be yet?

12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Well it’s also a Movie.

13. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't"

Live! at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany; 1962

14. juss100

juss100 Forum Resident

Not interested in this thread. Think I'll Let it Be.

15. Yes it’s a disease of sorts. Like having a big bunch of friends over to discuss the Beatles and they break up and go into separate rooms to discuss ..... the Beatles.

a customer, sbeaupre and oboogie like this.
  16. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Help!

Rojo and Bern like this.
  17. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

I don't like any of their LPs entirely until Rubber Soul, however Beatles for Sale has literally no songs I would casually listen to.

Okay, it has one, but it's probably the weakest single from their early period regardless

Finally this is about the worst possible time to make a thread like this.

CHALKERS, Andrew J and Electric like this.
  18. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Beatles For Sale has no singles. But I know the song you're referring to. I'm just being difficult.

ODIrony likes this.
  19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

no such animal for me. ; )

20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Word...

21. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Rock and Roll Music

22. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Toss up between A Hard Day's Night and Sergeant Pepper.

I'm not a massive fan but I can cope with most of their records when my Dearly Beloved chooses to play them. There are even a few songs that I've come to enjoy over the years but when she spins either of the above, I leave the room. :)

stevenson66g and DK Pete like this.
  23. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Impossible question, shouldn't be but for a deep lifelong fan aargh impossible.

For one thing they are all great, speaking of the 12 official studio albums. I suppose by default it is clearly Yellow Submarine, BECAUSE There are ONLY 4 NEW SONGS...

BUT, If we take the remaining non lp tracks that didn't get used for YS, non lp singles & stuff in the can from 67 & early 68...adding say Across The Universe, Lady Madonna, Inner Light, Christmas Time Is Here Again, & either Hey Jude///Revolution or even Paperback Writer///Rain.....other possibilities exist also---depending on release date...Not Guilty...Junk....or quite easily an alternate version of Yellow Submarine.,,and or adding Jessie's Dream & Shirley's Accordian....quite easily 1 or 2 'lesser white album could've been pinched & NOBODY would have ever noticed, say Cry Baby Cry & I Will or whichever. You could have pinched those 2 & stuck Not Guilty in its place or Hey Jude or whatever.

Personally I do this for my Yellow Sub album, expand it to a dozen non lp 67-68 tracks.., but even then a pretty good case can be made that Yellow Sub is the weakest studio lp..of the 12.,,but its a lot more competitive with 12 or 13 new tracks than 4 !! Some people could legitimately argue Baby You're A Rich Man should be added too. Because originally 5 new tracks were agreed & Baby Rich man was the one chosen, but pulled for a bside at the last minute instead. Or & a Wonderwall track could have fit in easily adding 2 or 3 minutes & giving Harrison another track...George Martin could have still been given 1 orchestral track also, particularly the orchestrated title cut.,,

If you don't buy any of that, my next fallback position would be, the weakest is the Please Please Me album, because 75% of it was recorded in about one 12 hour session. Many love PPM for that very reason. I disagree Beatles were great songwriters singers & cutting edge pioneers, 12 hours obviously isin't enough time for creatures of the studio. Imo.

Now if you get more esoteric & include the 3 Beatles anthology albums the BBC album, some version of the Decca audition album, the past masters 1 & 2... then it's a whole new ballgame...probably hands down the Decca Audition is the weakest, but Ringo isin't even there yet, so it would depend...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    jmxw and linklinc like this.
  24. Spazaru

Spazaru Angry Samoan

That's a hard one for me. It's a tie between Sgt Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour. If "And Your Bird Can Sing" wasn't on Revolver, it would be tied too. And if "Hey Bulldog" wasn't on Yellow Submarine, it would also be tied for last.

It's funny people were afraid it would turn into a Let It Be hate thread. That's the only post-Help! Beatles album I like all the way through.

Bobby with a dollar likes this.
  25. Fitter Stoke

Fitter Stoke You don't suspect my life's a mess...

I guess it has to be ‘Beatles For Sale’, if only because after a terrific album of entirely self-penned songs they went back to a record of mostly weaker compositions and cover versions. That said, I love it anyway.

klockwerk, bananapeel, vince and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.