Muzishare X7 - an affordable hand-wired KT88 integrated made at the Line Magnetic factory

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by action pact, Dec 10, 2020.

1. glrydays

glrydays Active Member

Any Opinion on GE or Westinghouse? AU7's - or anything new stock? JJ's?

2. Shackz71

Shackz71 Active Member

I’ve been lurking and researching long enough. I just wanted to say Hi and thank everyone in this thread for the valuable information. I took the plunge and bought the Muzishare X7. This is my first tube amp and I am really looking forward to enjoying my music listening even more. I have had it for less than a week, so I know it still has many more hours till it is burned in and I really know how it sounds. That being said, so far I am beyond pleased. I definitely plan on doing some tube rolling later, but wanted to listen as is for a while first. I am using the built in phono stage and it sounds great.

MedozK and action pact like this.
  3. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

I did the same, finally making the purchase through amazon tonight. I’d love to know what you think of the headphone amp and anyother observations you have so far. That goes for all you current owners. This is my first tube amp too.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    MedozK likes this.
  4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore Thread Starter

I use the headphone jack every morning with my Sennheiser HD 6xx, and it sounds lovely. I'm pretty sure the jack is just wired to the power stage with a few resistors in line, so you get all that tubey goodness through the cans.

5. knob twirler

Ok dumb question time: I know nothing about tube amps, but understand x7 is not self biasing. So, out of the box, how do I know where each tube should be set? I can buy a little digital multimeter with metal leads to put into the holes, but need to know what number I’m looking for and how to adjust each tube.

Also, would you suggest replacing the facilitator right away?

6. DougRuss

DougRuss Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Bias Adjustment for V1, V2, V3, V4 Power Tube (KT88): Turn on the amplifier and wait for around ten minutes. Choose and turn the Bias Current selector from its “OFF” position to V1. Turn down V1 BIAS ADJ. to its MIN. position first and then adjust the bias current. Inspect the ampere meter on the front panel and make sure the pointer is at the position showed as in the pictures below (about 40 mA). If you have any questions please contact with our company or local service agent. Bias current adjustment for V2, V3, and V4 are the same as for V1. Please adjust the corresponding BIAS ADJ. and make sure all the bias level of V1, V2, V3 and V4 are the same. In order to make sure the amplifier can work at its best condition please adjust the bias and test the operation state of the power tubes as the way suggested as above after using for around 150 hours. Note: Please test without signal input. Please do not open the bottom and adjust the adjustable resistor by yourself.

https://www.audiovintage.fr/leforum/download/file.php?id=129134

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    action pact, timind and knob twirler like this.
  7. Shackz71

Shackz71 Active Member

Mine actually must have been pre biased prior to shipping. After a few more hours, I will probably try to dial it in even closer, but they were all very close to 40. It looks very easy to bias and is well designed to do so, especially with the VU meters on the front.

8. knob twirler

I got mine up and running today, with a couple of hiccups. The triode mode is too soft sounding to me so far, but I have mostly rock music. I think I may have to take it out of the cabinet and onto a table in the open air - it runs even hotter than I expected. And it’s so heavy that I have to sit on a chair in front of the cabinet and pull it onto my lap to change anything on the back or bias the tubes...

Overall, though, very optimistic about what this is going to sound like once it has time to break in.

9. Nicode70

Nicode70 Overspending completist

So, about that...
    After several failed attempts, I lucked out on a paire of mate black Atohm GT1 by Devialet.
    The listening poped up right on the day I had some spare time during a business trip in Paris. Just a 30 min car ride. Great price. The seller wanted to unload them quickly. He was a very nice guy with a crazy setup. His new speakers were TAD ME1. He demoed the speakers on a RL copy of ledzep II. Tons of mofi...

10. Nicode70

Nicode70 Overspending completist

11. Spooky

Spooky Forum Resident

I’m super close to pulling the trigger on the X7.
    I see it on Amazon but it’s through a 3rd party seller called TubeAmplifierStore. Is that the same one y’all have bought from? I’m concerned about the 3rd party a bit and it’s return policy in case I’m not happy.

DougRuss, Razakoz and MedozK like this.
  12. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

That was the seller I got mine from. I've been in love with this thing since Christmas.

Razakoz and Spooky like this.
  13. DougRuss

DougRuss Forum Resident

Got mine from that Seller also....No Problems !

.[​IMG]

Razakoz and Spooky like this.
  14. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore Thread Starter

what does their return policy say that concerns you?

15. Spooky

Spooky Forum Resident

Just the fact that I can't quite figure out if they follow/use Amazon's policy or their own. I don't want to have to pay restocking fees or shipping back to China or something.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  16. Shackz71

Shackz71 Active Member

Yep, same seller for mine. Was shipped promptly & arrived quickly. Still loving mine too and know it will only get better since I am probably less than 50 hrs in. Go for it!

action pact, DougRuss and Spooky like this.
  17. Spooky

Spooky Forum Resident

Pulled the trigger on this. Received it yesterday and been putting it through it’s paces.

Anyone know what the stock tubes are closest to brand wise? Already thinking of doing so some “rolling” with Tung-Sol’s for the preamp and Gold Lions for the power amp. (not NOS).

Wondering if I’ll see enough of a change to make it worth it over stock tubes.

18. bridgeless

bridgeless Forum Resident

I purchased the X7 and received it about two weeks ago. I’m loving it. I upgraded from an original PS Audio Sprout and this thing sounds excellent. I’m currently using it with my Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 speakers and looking to replace those soon.

I’m looking at a few different options to upgrade my speakers, and so far I am most interested in the KEF LS50 meta, Wharfedale Evo 4.2, and Dynaudio Evoke 10.

If any of you have used this amp with any of these, I’d love some feedback! All of these speakers get excellent reviews but I’m torn.

19. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

LS50s if you are considering them, I had the original with a similar tube integrated and the sound was so nice to listen to...

Echoes Myron and bridgeless like this.
  20. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

OP you started a trend !

21. WITS

WITS Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pair of LS50 metas for mine - we will see how they sound lol

Echoes Myron likes this.
  22. bridgeless

Nice. I hope you will post your thoughts here once you get a chance to listen to them together. They seem like a good fit, especially for a smaller room.

23. Videotape

Videotape Active Member

This forum has been a wealth of good info on tube amps.

Thought I’ll join and provide my experiences on setting up the Muzishare X7 with the LS50 Metas.

I have had the X7 for 1 week and the Metas for over a month. Listening about 5-7 hrs per day mixed music and TV use. Got the amp shipped from AliExpress. Took about 9 days to get here from Hong Kong.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the sound quality. The x7 is able to drive the Metas with authority at least upto 95db SPL levels, which is the max I generally push them to.

My complete setup is Amazon music hd app on Firestick 4K plugged into a Denon 3600, which acts as the DAC as well as for bass management with Audyssey XT32 for a single SVS SB2000 pro sub. The denon is configured to bypass its internal amps and use the pre-outs to go into the pre-in of the x7.

This setup feels very well integrated and really brings a lot of emotion and musicality to good source material. One challenge I did face was a ground loop noise issue. After spending a few hours to isolate the problem, I ultimately settled on a cheater plug for now.

Compared to my previous amp in the exact same setup, the Luxman R117, I feel that the Muzishare is more musical, engaging and with a wider sound stage. The Luxman has better transparency and lots of power on hand.

Both amps match really well with the LS50 Meta. I need to do some level matched A/B testing to draw more conclusions.

action pact, Razakoz and bridgeless like this.
  24. Spooky

Spooky Forum Resident

I have to say I'm shocked the X7 can drive the LS50's to anywhere near their full potential. And I don't mean "loud". I owned a pair briefly (before my X7) and it was super finicky to fond a good amp pairing. They are power hungry to say the least.

I just recently tried to power a pair of Wharfedale Linton Heritage speakers with the X7 and no bueno. Just couldn't provide the sound I know they are capable of. Not enough power and the Linton's a quite a bit more efficient than the LS50's. Hmmmm...

Unless of course this is all near field listening. Then disregard my statement.

bridgeless likes this.
  25. bridgeless

thanks for this excellent info. my listening room is a 10x10 bedroom so I’m only maybe 6 feet from the speakers. With my Diamond 10.2s I feel like the music is plenty loud by 11:00 on the volume knob. Do you think the X7 can drive the metas at a similar volume level? 80db ish?