Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

If you have the same luck as me, they'll swear repeatedly that they shipped it and, golly gee, so sorry, it was "lost in transit."

2. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I'm really sorry you had to endure that @Bill813. Very frustrating.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  3. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Back to the music…
    I've noticed that The Beatles and John Lennon continue to post new 6-track EPs week-to-week, well beyond Paul's four.
    If you were MPL, isn't there a song/set of songs that you would put into a 6 track to further advertising McCartney III or the rest of the catalogue right now?

tug_of_war likes this.
  4. KUJayhawk

KUJayhawk Forum Resident

He is my favorite pop artist of all time, I think he is a songwriting genius. But this album ... not so much. Not much charm, not many clever tuneful touches that are his hallmark. And, unfortunately, his voice detracts. I am glad that he is still making records and I am also glad so many enjoy this. I won't count him out.

Cledwyn and joy stinson like this.
  5. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

I don't dislike McCartney III but I've pretty much lost interest in listening to it.

RockyRoll likes this.
  6. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

What I would love to see:
    Daytime Nighttime Suffering
    I'm Carrying
    I've Had Enough (live)
    Arrow Through Me (live)
    Mull Of Kintyre
    So Glad To See You Here

...promoting an upcoming pair of McCartney Archives... :shh:

joy stinson, Sargon and Rorsontherun like this.
  7. Earthbound

Earthbound Forum Resident

I had the same issue. I got an email from PM store saying that my red vinyl was dispatched on December 18. It never changed. The other day, I finally contacted customer service and they said more than likely it was lost in the mail. I was so disappointed but to my surprise when I got home from work that evening, there it was!

8. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

Yay! Don't you love it when that happens? Disappointment turns to joy. Canada Post tracking has me receiving the Third Man red tomorrow: I'm not expecting it to be there, so when it does, I'll feel just like you do ;)!

Sargon likes this.
  9. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I feel the opposite than many of you. I did not care of the album at all when I first played it, but I gave it a chance. I have played it at least 6 times all the way through and I really like it now.

10. Rorsontherun

Rorsontherun Forum Resident

Waterspout too and I would add in some place the Return to Pepperland song

joy stinson and James McCartney like this.
  11. jpgrbtalls

jpgrbtalls Forum Resident

Hope Macca doesn't make unreleased material only available via digital downloads. I wouldn't want a repeat like the Flowers In The Dirt download fiasco that should have been an added CD to the archive box set.

12. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

Sargon, jesse and Floater like this.
  13. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yeah, but I was trying to go with already released songs [although the live versions were a bit of wishful thinking...] :waiting:

joy stinson and Rorsontherun like this.
  14. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

An acoustic ep:

-Every Night
    -Another Day
    -When The Wind Is Blowing
    -Calico Skies
    -Big Boys Bickering
    -A Certain Softness

A nice, relaxing little playlist :love:

joy stinson likes this.
  15. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Relaxing until Big Boys Bickering started f-ing it up for everyone :)

16. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

If this album can continue to be used to fleece the loyal fan base even further then expect it to happen.
    Over the past few years the team at McCartney towers have hardly hidden their desire to grab as much cash from the remaining fans as possible.
    The majority of original fans must now be aged about 70 and over, in a few years time the market will be so small they wont be able to make money this way, the cash cow will have dried up.

That's when the Paul McCartney/Beatles with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra type of releases will start to appear...

lordcat likes this.
  17. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

They're in the business to sell product and make money. You like the product? You purchase it. If not, you don't.
    Yes, the fans are slowly dying off. Now is the time.

OobuJoobu and Sargon like this.
  18. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Oops... I wasn't thinking about the lyrics but, well, talk about counterbalance :D

19. hans80

hans80 Forum Resident

My copy from cdjapan has finally arrived after a full month (shipped on 17.Dec). I love the acoustic take of Lavatory Lil! :wiggle:

Below a comparison of CD-sourced 1 min fragments (0:30 - 1:30) from Lavatory Lil, Slidin' and industry benchmark - Only Mama Knows:

Lavatory Lil - not as bad as Slidin'
    [​IMG]

Slidin' - not as bad as Only Mama Knows but actually not far from it...
    [​IMG]

Only Mama Knows - THE benchmark
    [​IMG]

20. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

I’d love the Chaos B-sides to be put out in an EP.

21. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Im still enjoying the album
    massively

22. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

I'd rather prefer that MPL follow the Flaming Pie process and put out digital versions of the singles for sale — but instead bunch the 7"s up as EPs if they can. Previous maxi-singles could be EPed. But only for stuff that's already remastered for Archival release at the moment.

Bilbo Swaggins likes this.
  23. Haven’t received mine yet! I had it shipped regular air mail so there is no way for me to track it.

24. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I finally opened a "regular" M3 cd and compared it to my SHM Japanese cd with bonus tracks. All I can say is I'm glad I stocked up on more than one of these to carry me through for the rest of my journey on this earth. I also really like having the bonus tracks together on the same cd. If I ruined or lost an only copy, I'd be very sad indeed. The lp sound is my fav, but this is great for the car.

I never played one before and don't even know if they are designed for special equipment. But as others have reported on here, I found the regular cd I opened yesterday to be very SHRILL and bright compared to the much more balanced sounding SHM version. The Japanese cd reminds me of an lp sound. Pleasantly surprised as I bought this only for the bonus tracks.

The regular cd fatigues my ears in comparison. It has that pseudo-detail that comes from a thin, bright, etched sound that has won over many a lp listener from 1986 onward.:hurlleft:

Funny how my regular Egypt Station & other cds sound just "fine". Wonder if I my unopened Japanese Egypt would make a stark difference that would be hard to return from if I played it.

In the future I'm gonna have to start buying these for their wonderful sonic tonality. But for now, my sole Egypt SHM copy with stickers will have to remain safely on my collector shelf.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Tracey and Oyster Boy like this.
  25. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Your ES SHM will be more detailed and have more bass and you won’t go back to the regular edition.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Olivier Northern Son and Sargon like this.