uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

Chalk me up as another who encountered bad customer service (primary and supervisor). They were very slow to issue my refund.

2. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

They claim my reshipment is now in the mail.

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I had ordered the Eno Film Music back last fall and despite the fact that it was released on time in Europe, the US release date was pushed back to January 22. The way things are going I expected to maybe see it by February but LO AND BEHOLD it is already in my hands. I’m not sure who should get the credit but I’m very pleased. I have some other titles I ordered from them that are out on January 29, hoping to get the same speedy delivery on those.

4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Still waiting on my reshipment they finally replied back again asking if I want refund or reship I tell them yes ship and confirm the address then never get a shipment
    Might be time to go full Karen mode and ask for a manager :cussing:

mrjinks, hutlock and Swordsandchains like this.
  5. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

udiscover still doesn't have the latest Blue Note classics or Tone Poets. What's up with that?

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  6. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i wonder the same too

7. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure I ordered the CD of that but I can't remember the email I used. :laugh:

hutlock likes this.
  8. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

Received my reshipment today. All Lp jackets have slightly bumped corners but otherwise look good. Annoying but not too bad. Could have definitely been packaged better, but I'm not gonna get nitpicky about it.

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

[​IMG]

hutlock likes this.
  10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

best of luck to you with that, my friend. that sounds pretty similar to my experience a couple months back that brought out my inner karen as well.

11. Swordsandchains

Well after back and forth the past 2 weeks, UDiscover did a split shipment so all my in stock stuff has “shipped” got tracking, just waiting to update.

so thats good news!

12. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Yep, I gave them a bit of stick on twitter.
    Looks like they're gonna split my Oct 30 shipment now.
    Waiting for shipping confirmation.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  13. Swordsandchains

i got my shipping notice the day after they told me they were splitting. Now to see when UPS actually picks it up

14. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Finally got a message on an lp i've been waiting a while for , looks like 4 more weeks

Thank you for purchasing from uDiscover Music!

We are reaching out regarding your order #UDISXXXXX containing the Sarah Vaughan (Verve Acoustic Sounds Series) LP.

Due to overwhelming demand, your order is now expected to ship in 4 weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Once it's on the way, you'll receive a shipment confirmation email containing tracking information. If you would prefer to cancel your order for a refund in lieu of waiting, please respond to this email for further assistance.

Note: If your order contains multiple items, your entire order will ship once all items become available.

Your patience is appreciated,
    - uDiscover Music

15. Swordsandchains

just got same notification about Byrd in Flight, ridiculous

Davidmk5 likes this.
  16. Briskit

Yep got flipped "the bird" on the Byrd.
    Thing is, we removed that from order weeks ago.
    Got shipping notifaction for 2 x packages containg 70% of my initial order.
    Of course none of the tracking numbers work.
    And the order info online claims they are still working to fulfill 12 x items.
    8 of which we already cancelled.
    This is some laughably incompetent **** going on here.

TerpStation and Davidmk5 like this.
  17. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

my order from thanksgiving finally shipped a second time, but this time there is actually movement its changed facilities so i might finally be getting that stones studio box.

18. Dignan2000

Dignan2000 Forum Resident

Good news! Just received a shipping confirmation on "Byrd In Flight" after getting an email from uDiscover about the 30-day delay yesterday. My shipment also includes two LPs with a Friday release date ("The Waiting Game" by Tina Brooks and "Study in Brown" by Clifford Brown & Max Roach).

Davidmk5 and GentleSenator like this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they told you BIF would be delayed by 4 weeks and then it shipped?!

goodness gracious they're almost as inept as the folks at VMP.

20. SteakandBlackOnions

SteakandBlackOnions Forum Resident

So a few weeks ago I finally inquired about my 11/2/20 order (all in-stock items) and on 1/13 I got this reply:

Thanks for contacting us! Unfortunately, a production delay has affected the Face to Face LP in your order and we do not currently have an expected time-frame for when this will ship. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As soon as we receive an update regarding your order, we'll be back in touch with you.

In the meantime, if you'd prefer to cancel either the delayed item from your order or your full order for a refund, please let us know and we can assist you further. Refunds can take 3-10 business days to appear on your account and will be returned to the payment method used at checkout. Additionally, please note that if your order contains a digital product, once the digital portion of your order is available to download it cannot be refunded, as all digital sales are final.

Edit: needless to say, I still haven't received anything from this order

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  21. Dignan2000

It has, apparently. I won’t know for sure until the package arrives. They could botch the shipping confirmation I suppose.

Has anyone else received a shipping notice for the “Byrd In Flight” Tone Poet?

22. hutlock

Wait what? I bought Byrd In Flight and The Waiting Game (and Sarah Vaughan too) from Plaid Room like two weeks ago. UDiscover STILL hasn’t shipped them?! That’s LAME.

Dignan2000 and Davidmk5 like this.
  23. Briskit

Well halelujah - we have movement.
    Tracking 2 x packages, and they're making their way to Australia.
    Please baby Jesus, let them arrive in good shape....

24. Dignan2000

Yep, uDiscover sent an email this week to several fellow forum members that "Byrd In Flight" would be delayed another 30 days due to overwhelming demand. I'm assuming that every customer that pre-ordered the latest Donald Byrd Tone Poet from uDiscover got the same email. I know the Tone Poet reissues are popular, but are they THAT popular? I wasn't too bummed out about it because my order includes the Acoustic Sounds Series "Study In Brown" that kept getting pushed back.

Petter Premberg and hutlock like this.
  25. hutlock

I wonder if they were under-produced in an effort to try to make the already late street date?

And Study in Brown is out tomorrow—I’ve already seen online video of indie stores that received it last night and placed an order for it this morning.