The "Official" All Purpose Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Jul 3, 2014.

1. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

From where & how much?

I know a Japanese import has been available but it's $$$.

2. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Amazon European stores, below €20.

MYQ1 likes this.
  3. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

This is the epic closing track of the album - enjoy!

4. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

After listening to some passages here, I think I might like this one the most of all of their post-reboot releases. Up to now, I've been in the U.D.O. camp.

5. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

try their bandcamp page

Hypnotized, by Midnight Dice

6. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I hope to get to this sometime this week...I like the CD packaging.

7. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

fretter and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

PS - I signed up for the Baron Carta list and they are sending out a song at a time...but the first one they sent is called Out of Time and it's great!

fretter and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Just getting to KIX Midnite Dynamite Re-Lit

So if you enjoyed Fuse 30 Reblown you will enjoy this...much like that they stripped out a lot of the reverb and made it a more straight forward rock disc. There is still enough 80's touches that you know when this was recorded, but it stands on it's own as something different.

They replaced the drums on Lie Like A Rug and Sex and did a new lead on Scarlet Fever (I think that was the song...I've misplaced the damn CD!) as Anton Fig and Mike Slammer originally replaced the musicians, so they wanted to fix that.

10. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

I heard a Kix song the other day that I forgot about: "Cold Blood." I like that one.

Jeff Minn, Purple, MYQ1 and 3 others like this.
  11. TJMaximus

TJMaximus Well-Known Member

That and the ballad from Blow My Fuse, "Don't Close Your Eyes," were both really good. Too much of their other music sounded like AC/DC, though.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

I got the BMF one but to be honest I couldn't really enjoy it. The magic in that album is in how it was - not messing with it with some revisionist mentality. For the asking price of these sets I'll be avoiding MD. I'm a huge Kix fan but this sort of thing leaves me cold!

13. Dissidence

Dissidence Human

16 October 1969

I just remind you the recording date of the first metal title ever.
    Metal is a rock subgenre, a rock evolution ? Nah...
    Listen to Black Sabbath's eponym song again. In scientific language, this is called an invention.

14. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

I HATE all these modern production with drums which sound like programmed....all albums have the same guitar sound as well...so boring !!! Long live the 80s !!!

Deuce66, Anthrax, Purple and 4 others like this.
  15. I think it was Saxon's Biff who said a few years ago...'you could record and produce an album on a Laptop these days'....
    Trouble is...Almost everybody is using the same Laptop!!!!!!

16. JosepZ

JosepZ Digital knight of the analog masters

In retrospect, definitely. At the time no one thought this was that much of a breakthrough. Some critics like Lester Bangs even thought this was like Cream or the Jeff Beck Group but worse.
    One of my favorite albums of all time without a doubt, but it's still rock and very blues-based. Ozzy still plays harmonica 0n the very bluesy "The Wizard", and "Warning" and "Wicked World" are also blues and jazz-based.
    Sorry to disagree but this is still a 100% rock album. Iommi wouldn't downtune his guitar until "Master of Reality" and their sound still would evolve quite a bit.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    rufus t firefly likes this.
  17. Dissidence

Dissidence Human

Critics are all insane :D AND this was a breakthrough at the time ! I'm talking about the eponym title not about the album.
    There is no blues, no folk, no jazz, no pop, no psychedelia, no rock in this title. This is awesome pure evil new genre.
    I even think the word metal is inappropriate. We should call this genre Sab or something like that. I'm dead serious.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    rufus t firefly likes this.
  18. Dissidence

Dissidence Human

I had to buy the last King Diamond "Give Me Your Soul Please..." on vinyl ! Total different album now !
    And this is from 2007. Since 1995-2000, don't know the exact date, it's brickwall time, same sound/noise...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I understand the Davros reference (see below) but what is "aceeeed"?

[​IMG]

20. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Cold blood man...

No, I get it. It's not for everyone. I'm always curious to hear different versions so these are made for me.

21. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Huh...I think the drums sound very live on this...clear bass and nice guitar tone.

22. sathvyre

What...??? Did you ever listen to a real drum set in front of you...???

23. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Have you ever heard a well miked drum kit recorded well?

24. sathvyre

Sure...I play drums since 1989 and I recorded hundreds of albums for other artists...the one on the video is a standard trigger kit and sounds awful and unnatural (listen to the standard fills you can hear on almost EVERY modern metal album) - and exactly the same as on hundreds of modern metal productions. I hate it.

25. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

See, this sounds like bad drum triggers to me...the Baron Carta does not.

Axel Rudi Pell Gunfire