Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell 1979 rehearsal

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cousin It, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member Thread Starter

W/ Geoff Nicholls on bass from his archive.Dio is in fine voice.

2. Nice!
    Linda have you heard this before?
    @blacksabbathrainbow

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  3. Not before late January when it was uploaded. IMO it is absolutely wonderful. I wish the uploader would share more. But it seems he wants to focus on Geoff's works outside Sabbath...

4. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

Thanks for posting. I didn't know that Bill suggested Vinnie as his replacement, always thought it was Ronnie.

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  5. OzzyIsDio

OzzyIsDio Maniacal Sabbath Fanatic

I heard this on the BSO forums, I like it a lot, Geoff was great may he R.I.P. but I'm glad Geezer came back as he did on Cross Purposes, he makes all the difference, Ronnie may he also be Resting In Peace sounds great.

So this album from things I've heard from other people was actually suppose to feature Ozzy on it, it was in the works before Ozzy left and Dio came in.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  6. I am surprised there aren't more posts here... probably because this was already discussed in the Heaven and Hell & Mob Rules Deluxe 2021 thread.

7. OzzyIsDio

I have a friend who is actually in the inner Sabbath circle, and he has tapes from this era a whole lot of rare stuff that only inside collectors have.

8. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

Sabbath had begun to write a new album when things came to a head and was let go. Geezer stated in a 2010 interview that that they tried early versions of "Children of The Sea" and "Lady Evil" with Ozzy but the lyrics and vocal melodies were completely different to the ones that were eventually released.

OzzyIsDio likes this.
  9. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Wow, "Lady Evil" with Ozzy.

OzzyIsDio and j4yheindeo like this.
  10. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

I am enjoying hearing it, I just didn't have anything clever or insightful to post on it!

kevin5brown and OzzyIsDio like this.
  11. j4yheindeo

j4yheindeo Forum Resident

Wow, “Children of the Sea” with Ozzy!

OzzyIsDio likes this.
  12. OzzyIsDio

Hooe to get to see hear these one day, perhaps the next Super Deluxe Edition if they make one for Heaven and Hell.

13. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

Glad this album came together as it did as I currently write this listening to Heaven & Hell live at The Hammersmith Odeon that just threatens to nearly rip one's head clean off.

This is up there with their best. Dio just slays with the original three. Ward's playing live is smoldering compared to the album versions but I digress. Just lightning in a bottle for a brief period.

Steve62 likes this.