Wandavision / Marvel MCU on Disney+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

S1E5

Rarely do a have a big reaction to a television show...but I had to get up and walk away from the set. I was completely floored and couldn't even talk straight for a few minutes afterward. That was even more shocking than the Mandalorian S2 finale.

Uncle Miles, Vidiot and BeatleJWOL like this.
  2. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Seen all five episodes. It's entertaining but it ain't that good.
    I hate the ascept ratio shift. Damn you Chris Nolan and your more commercial brother Michael Bay for this travesty.
    One good thing is that it doesn't have a ridiculous bombastic soundtrack like all Nolan/Bay productions does.

I've seen all Marvel movies at least twice except for Captain Marvel and Black Panther but it took imdb for me to recognize that the supporting cast had been seen before. The nerdy tech chick and the nerdy asian fed guy are annoying

EVOLVIST likes this.
  3. I’m assuming you’re referring to Quicksilver? I guess I wasn’t as surprised as they’ve had Magneto’s helmet outline in the credit sequence so I was expecting something along that angle (Magneto being Wanda and Pietro’s father).

wayneklein likes this.
  4. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I think it has been really good. The episodes feel too short though.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

What really shocked me by the surprise appearance is that they used the "other" actor who played the same character for a different studio. Marvel is really mixing it up now that they have access to all the X-Men characters. Hell, for all I know the Fantastic Four will have a cameo.

Curveboy, wayneklein and Mr. E. Tramp like this.
  6. That I did not notice.

7. Well it kind of made sense since she stated she can’t being back the dead in one episode. She would have to being him from another universe. It kind of ties into the whole multi-verse angle Marvel is pursuing as well.

Shawn likes this.
  8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

https://twitter.com/MarveIFacts/status/1352416215822548992

Purple Jim and rodrigosanche55 like this.
  9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Seen all 5 episodes and have been underwhelmed by the show.

Mandalorian was a much better show.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  10. BeatleJWOL likes this.
  11. BeatleJWOL likes this.
  12. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

I’ve been enjoying the show. The colors look amazing in Dolby Vision. It’s really exciting to see a television show with this level of production quality.

13. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

This show is so great! Really entertaining in both it's mix of classic sitcoms (even specifically referencing some of their sets and WB Studios back lot too) and it's elements from both the MCU movies and the comic books. Really a lot of fun with it's constant surprises and shifts. I'm sad it's half over!

14. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

If you haven't been watching any of the You Tube analysis channels for this, you're missing a lot. They go through things almost frame by frame like they used to with Lost.

Purple Jim likes this.
  15. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I did go and watch a bunch of reaction videos...it was pretty amazing seeing most people go nuts. I felt for one kid who didn't know who it was...

16. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

But go watch the Episode Breakdowns by a guy like 'New Rockstars' on You Tube...the amount of detail they go into is nuts.

Gary_Stewart and BeatleJWOL like this.
  17. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

And, if you're like me, and don't have Disney+, and are interested in the subject...it's the next best thing!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

That's a good point, you can almost see the whole episode on you tube, in pieces.

vince likes this.
  19. vince

I also cannot deny the sheer enjoyment of Kevin Smith's 'play-by-play' commentary on each episode!
    Must be what listing to boxing matches on the radio was like!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  20. planetexpress

planetexpress Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

I have no idea if this show will hold up to repeated viewings but I've gotta say, their homage to a certain 2000's Fox Sitcom at the beginning of this latest episode actually made me a little giddy...

21. vince

"Life is unfaaaiir...."

22. planetexpress

planetexpress Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

Yes. No. Maybe? I Don't know?!?

Billy Infinity, Joe W and vince like this.
  23. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

My daughter (not a WandaVision viewer) happened to be in the room when I was watching Ep 6 last night and immediately twigged the similarity to Stars Hollow. Yes, she's a massive Gilmore Girls fan.

GentleSenator and Jeff Kent like this.
  24. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I found Mandalorian far too pedestrian and old fashioned. Boring in fact. The lead actor is just numb, like the scripts, the dialogue. WandaVision is alive with ideas and so original.

Willowman, Jeff Kent and marmalade166 like this.
  25. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

The only live tv show I watch since cutting the cord last month is NHL games is on the Centre Ice internet package and I have to see ads for this ugly looking thing every “stoppage on the ice” commercial break Bettman puts in every 6 minutes? No thanks. I had zero intention of getting Disney+ before and now it is less than zero.