Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I am guessing it means they are going to put a new hype sticker on it that says 50th Anniversary pressing and that will be it...

2. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

And then you and @aoxomoxoa will be all over it! [​IMG]

aoxomoxoa, imarcq and hutlock like this.
  3. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

imarcq, superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  4. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

First time this happened to me, but Amazon shipped my LP in a bubble envelope. :wtf: Jacket all creased up and record was warped. Replacement requested. At least the artist sells another album!

[​IMG]

5. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Once they just slapped a label on the album and shipped it out to me that way. This was a few years ago, but it was rather shocking when it showed up like that.

Strat-Mangler and latheofheaven like this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

ha! my initial order of that exact album came the same way. obliterated. i didn't even go through the return/replacement function. i just chatted with them angrily and they sent a new one. again inside a bag. but at least this one was also inside an lp mailer.

o_O

Matt I and latheofheaven like this.
  7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

8. SteakandBlackOnions

SteakandBlackOnions Forum Resident

They did that to me on an American Beauty 2x45 MoFi. About a year ago. Complaining got me 50% back.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I got the Mike & Mickey Show album at this price...

It is surprisingly good, and far better than what I expected. Mickey is doing most of the heavy vocal lifting, and he sounds amazing for all the age and miles. Mike is weaker, and more what I'd have expected.

As for the vinyl, though:

Both platters are very flat and very quiet.

BUT....side two is significantly off center. It makes listening to "As We Go Along" kind of painful.

Side 4 (side two of the second LP) is also off center.

To others who have this: Are your sides 2 (LP 1 and LP2) off-center? If I got a one-off lemon, I'll do a return. But my experience is that usually off-center affects an entire run, and in this era, I question whether there is more than one run.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    TerpStation likes this.
  10. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Yes I had the same issue, on sides 2 and 4. Amazon replaced my first one, it was the same, then I emailed Rhino and they sent me another copy and it was the same, and I just gave up.

I did leave a 2 star review on Amazon back in August:

"Reviewed in the United States on August 16, 2020
    Verified Purchase
    Great Monkees music here, but unfortunately the vinyl pressing doesn't do it justice. Wonderful Kevin Gray mastering of a very nice mix by Christian Nesmith, but Sides 2 and 4 are both pressed off center. I returned it, Amazon replaced it no questions asked, but the second one I received was exactly the same. Side 2 was more of a visual issue so it's passable, but Side 4 is pretty far off, causing an audible pitch issue when playing.

I realize vinyl is not a perfect medium, and I usually let these things slide, but I'm hoping this gets back to Rhino somehow. If you're going to go through the trouble of having a giant like Kevin Gray do your mastering, show him some respect by making sure the vinyl pressings are up to the same quality."

Patanoia, kwadguy, parkmebike and 4 others like this.
  11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Sigh. Thanks. It's clear that there isn't a good vinyl copy, then. And there will never be, since this isn't gonna get a repressing.

I'll probably keep it, but I agree with you it's no better than a 2* issue on vinyl. And I'd recommend that anyone who didn't' already buy it on vinyl just get the CD or skip it. Even at $10 it's not worth buying.

dasacco likes this.
  12. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I got my copy today, so 2 weeks for mine to arrive. Now it says "available to ship in 1-2 days." On the packaging front, Aladdin came in an oversized box with some "air pillows" inside. The Diamond Dogs I ordered at the same time arrived last week in a plastic envelope and no padding. 3 corners were badly bent, so it was returned.

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  13. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

It’s back.
    34 bucks on the main page but $24.95 new from Amazon Prime in the new and used section on that page.
    I’m Giving it a shot

elsanto likes this.
  14. hutlock

Deep Discount has had it in a stock for a fair bit and at a better price too.

elsanto, Shawn and latheofheaven like this.
  15. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    latheofheaven, hutlock and elsanto like this.
  16. hutlock

Deep Discount and Pop Market are the same company, pulling from the same stock. If one has it, the other does too.

17. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

Just noticed 3 for 2 is back - Cream Goodbye Live 4 CD, Dylan Rolling Thunder Box, Rolling Stones Steel Wheels Live CD/Blu-ray...

Get 3 for the price of 2.

18. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Amazon added more vinyl titles overnight., including several Tone Poet jazz names. Still no pre-orders. Also seeing Diana Krall's greatest hits in that same price range, as well as her latest. It's pretty easy to assemble 3 similar priced jazz items, IMO.

At checkout, each item in the Amazon shopping cart is individually indicated with the applied disount amount - I wonder if this means that it would be possible after-the-fact to cancel one item from a larger order and keep the discount applied to the others? The checkout is definitely different than the last 3-for-2 sale.

maxellfullmoon likes this.
  19. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Not me. Not a title I would buy

latheofheaven likes this.
  20. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

21. maxellfullmoon

maxellfullmoon Forum Resident

Awesome ! Just ordered 3 of the Blue Note Tone Poet Series vinyls. Morgan, Byrd and Jimmy Smith.

LSP2003 likes this.
  22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

latheofheaven likes this.
  23. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I don’t know the answer. I’m going to show restraint here and let others get the bargain.

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  24. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

After passing various sales in that box more then a couple times, this time I bit, mostly because Amazon said there were just two copies left. Ya, I know that is a marketing ploy like crap at the checkout counter at a grocery store, but it worked on me...this time. Plus it was $89.33 so that’s even cheaper, right?

superstar19 and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
  25. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

I think that you're going to hafta explain to @aoxomoxoa what 'Restraint' means... :agree:

aoxomoxoa and Thesmellofvinyl like this.