Tears for Fears: Seeds of Love 30 Year Anniversary Love

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Warm_tunes, Jan 26, 2019.

1. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

You may be waiting, but I'd recommend not to hold your breath. It's been said several times already a standalone BR won't happen, I'd therefore rate your survival chances quite slim if you did.
    I do see your point, but it seems your chances may be higher searching for someone to sell you just the BR from the box. But no, it won't be me, sorry. Even though I can't play it right now.
    And as this box is what we get, I just grabbed my chance after waiting for all those years and clicked it into my collection. Don't want to ever miss it. But that's me.
    2020 I lucked out on TFF, first The Hurting / Songs From The Bug Chair SDE got re-released (and after initially
    deciding I did not like these albums enough to acquire such expensive packages ... I did not think twice to click this time), then Seeds Of Love finally materialized. I am more and more discovering what awesome albums the first two are, I loved Seeds so much it was very much overpowering the first two, especially as their general sound and flavour is so very different. I believe Seeds is my favourite album from that decade, it's really a challenge to rival that. Even for (earlier) TFF.

2. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Stop it. It's not 4 CD's of brickwalled sound.

ARK, joeconn4, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  3. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Agreed. The only problematic disc is the B-sides one, where they've used versions with wildly different volume levels next to each other. Everything else sounds fine.

EG.

wayneklein, joeconn4, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  4. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Looks like it’s in stock at Amazon.

D-rock likes this.
  5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

And even that is audiophile compared to ELAHE cd. Now that is bricked!

6. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Well, the chorus of Tears Roll Down (B-side version) really does reach ELAHE levels of limiting here, which IS a shame (and inexplicable given that the album itself seems to be 99% identical to the 1999 remaster - so why did they not simply replicate the mastering of the four bonus tracks from that one? Would also have avoided the mistake of the "Always in the Past" intro chat missing)

D-rock, Ryan Lux, Jagger69 and 3 others like this.
  7. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

...in stock but disappearing quickly. Act fast before it's gone again and only for sale on eBay for $200! One of the best 5.1 mixes I have ever heard. Great job by Steven Wilson.

D-rock, JeffMo and JulesRules like this.
  8. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

D-rock and JulesRules like this.
  9. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

No need for CD at all. I just want the surround mix, for one day when I can actually have surround sound again.

10. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Exactly. It doesn’t look like they manufacture enough to keep up with demand and they go fast.

Anyone contemplating getting one, don’t think on it too long.

JulesRules likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Really hope to get a box set of Everyone Loves A Happy Ending! Think there's enough material?

Really hoping 2021 will be the year TFF finally release the album they've been working on for quite a while now.

BZync likes this.
  12. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

D-rock likes this.
  13. . It’s not brickwalled but it’s hardly ideal.

14. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

D-rock likes this.
  15. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Gaulois réfractaire

At 30 € our under, i'll take it. :D
    IMO that's the price of the Blu-Ray Audio and the booklet and basically what i want.

16. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Gaulois réfractaire

I agree for one the best produced album of the latst 30 years (and their best production IMHO).
    I disagree though for the definitive TFF album wich will always be SFTBC for me.
    Thanks for the advice anyway.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  17. I was finally able to get one of these two weeks ago. Oh my . . . the 5.1 BluRay . . . I have over 30 5.1 surround mix albums and this might be the most interesting and best-sounding mix of all of them. I am just floored. I knew this album pretty well and liked it. The 5.1 is like a whole new experience with the music, and now . . . I truly love this album. Just fantastic.

18. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

It looks like it is whole show too!!

19. RedRoseSpeedway

RedRoseSpeedway Music Lover

its missing “suffer the children” and “change”!! :(

RSD '21 Special Release: Tears For Fears - Live At Massey Hall

SIDE ONE
    Mothers Talk
    Broken
    Head Over Heels / Broken
    Pale Shelter
    SIDE TWO
    Memories Fade
    Start of the Breakdown
    The Prisoner
    SIDE THREE
    I Believe
    The Working Hour
    Mad World
    SIDE FOUR
    Everybody Wants to Rule the World
    The Hurting
    Shout

JulesRules and D-rock like this.
  20. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

We should have a separate thread for this dream come true that is the (almost) complete release of Live At Massey Hall!

Hang on, 1500 copies worldwide?! This will be tougher to get than the BLA records.

21. RedRoseSpeedway

RedRoseSpeedway Music Lover

to make it tougher, aren’t most people at work on a Monday?? I know I am!

22. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up. Went ahead and (re-)ordered the Seeds box from Amazon.
    Fun fact: My original order (for $60!) was one of the casualties of the COVID cluster**** that became the U.S. Post Office in 2020. It was out for delivery and.... never got delivered. Eventually, my order got refunded and I had a USPS inquiry for months that finally got closed in January. By the time I got the refund, the prices were already north of $100 and I was too annoyed to buy it, again, for a higher price.

BUT before all that mess, I dug back into the original Seeds CD, and discovered I love this album WAY more than I did in 1989. I think it went over my head back then. Now that I'm a grumpy adult, it all makes sense. Some days I prefer it to SFTBC... although really, that initial trio of albums are all perfect in their own way.

And the upshot: I used some of that refund money to snag a minty UK first press of Seeds. It's no exaggeration to say this is one of the most audiophile records in my entire collection. MoFis... AP 45 RPMs... even a stray One-Step... This standard single-disc pressing, released as vinyl was slowly dying, sounds as good as any of 'em.

JulesRules and JeffMo like this.
  23. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I think I read it is RSD First so there should be a general release too.
    Well it is better than the 6 songs we got on the Big Chair SDE - but I agree those two would have been welcome.

JulesRules likes this.
  24. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

This is very cool indeed! Someone mentioned a CD version but I didn't any more info on that. Shame about the missing 2 songs. Were those two on any other releases throughout the years?

The "Dream Come True" version of Massey Hall '85 for me would be the whole show, rescanned from the original film negatives, released on Blu-ray.

jamesc, RAZORMADE and JulesRules like this.
  25. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

There’s an LP and CD listing for Massey on the RSD UK website; just LP on the US. The US site does indicate “RSD First,” so hopefully a wider release in both formats will follow.