The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Morpheus and Hadean75 like this.
  2. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  3. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

4. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident

5. George P

George P Notable Member

6. Kaskade10729

"Pal O' Mine" From:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Morpheus likes this.
  7. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

I watch whatever Amazon prime offers up. Currently Bones, New Tricks, 30 Rock , Star Trek TOS, and Community. I can't stand laugh tracks or commercials anymore so that leaves out a lot of potentially enjoyable shows like Seinfeld.

8. Dont watch any,more too much commercials!

9. Kaskade10729

That's why the Lord Almighty invented DVD and Blu-ray....

10. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster A skeptical believer....

I just finished watching all 79 episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series DVD which I started to re-watch mid-March last year when we got our first stay-at-home-orders.

One thing that really sticks out is how bland the third season really is; I've long know/felt it was weak but for some reason really noticed the drop in overall quality.

While there were some ok-ish episodes, the cast wasn't 'handled properly' and the stories generally weak or outright dumb.

But, I have to say "The Way To Eden" is one of my favorite "Star Trek" episodes for several wacky reasons heh...and, I just made this connection a couple of days ago after watching it, that "Adam" (the cosmic space-guitar player) is played be the same guy (Charles Napier) who was the leader of "The Good Old Boy" from The Blues Brothers movie. That revelation was strangely noteworthy for some reason lol.

"...leader of the band, drive the Winnebago."
    "...I'm gunna crack my knuckles and jump for joy, got a clean bill of health from Dr. McCoy."

11. Kaskade10729

I have been going through our Season One Blu-ray set and the Complete Collection DVD set, as well, but I disagree regarding the third season; even as a kid, taping these on VHS off of a public domain channel broadcasted from Pennsylvania (I can actually remember that!), I always liked the last season. Some real favorites of mine are in there, including Spectre of the Gun, All Our Yesterdays, Wink of an Eye, etc.

Just preference, I suppose.

12. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  13. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster A skeptical believer....

I should add that the third season indeed had some great episodes and some of my favorites, definitely.
    It's just that of all the seasons it's the most uneven as far as quality and many/most of the worst episodes came from this season.
    The bad episodes are really bad heh but I do have a soft spot for the entire series.

The third season does contain the most emotional moment for me in the entire series (and for Spock in particular) when, in "All Our Yesterdays", Spock has to leave Zarabeth and she turns around with tears in her eyes, knowing that she'll never see another person ever again and will die completely alone....that scene is heavy. I really felt empathy for both of them. When Spock and McCoy get back to the Library and Spock says she's been 'dead and buried for 5,000 years now' that always really got to me, even when I watched this as a 10-year old.

Some of my favorite episodes from that season:

-"Day Of The Dove": Kang was the best Klingon in the series; I saw his and Mara's original outfits at a Star Trek exhibition which was cool...
    -"Wink Of An Eye": always thought the concept of an 'accelerated local time frame' was interesting
    -"Requiem for Methuselah": another very interesting concept, and one of my all time favorite Trek moments was when Flint says "...I am Brahms." That blew my mind and still does

An "Yarnek" from "The Savage Curtain" is likely my favorite Trek monster...love that cute rocky guy lol.

14. Kaskade10729

Couldn't agree more about episodes like Day of the Dove (which is one of my personal favorites, too). Can't tell you how many times I've watched it...

I also have a soft spot for The Enterprise Incident, Who Mourns for Adonais, The Doomsday Machine, Whom Gods Destroy, Turnabout Intruder...

Stratoblaster likes this.
  15. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  16. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  17. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  18. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

19. Kaskade10729

20. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

First 4 episodes of So Weird on Disney+

Forgot how much I loved this show when I was a kid lol.

[​IMG]

21. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Watched two episodes of The Mandalorian on Disney+ yesterday.

Also watched some Big Bang Theory (on Blu-Ray) yesterday.

Watched some of The Addams Family on PlutoTV this morning.

Currently watching A Haunting on Discovery+.

22. Coyote. Enjoying the show but could they make Michael Chiklis any less appealing as a character?
    Wandavision. Great show.

23. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Spiral (Engreneges for the French title). French crime series.

Klavier and Tokyo Ghost like this.
  24. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Cops--Pluto TV
    Dr. Who classic--Pluto TV
    Resident Alien--SyFy Channel, not great, pretty pedestrian, like most of their shows.
    60 Minutes

25. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.