Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Requested a replacement for a scuffed up album. Target now wants the damaged item returned before sending the replacement. On a positive note, they let you choose UPS or FedEx return label.

Mike H. and superstar19 like this.
  2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I wonder how they decide this stuff. I was surprised last month when they just had me keep my non-fill plagued copy of BN Classic "The Real McCoy" and sent me a replacement.

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

In my experience, once UPS scans the return item, Target ships the replacement.

timzigs, Nephrodoc and GentleSenator like this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

their system is not a very great one. i've opted to just chat with customer service now when i get a destroyed/defective item from them. not that i expect everyone to operate the same as amazon, but i think target can manage to at least try a little harder!

5. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Just happened to see this now. Target lists the sale ending tomorrow, the 13th (Saturday). If that's the case, do we know if it's over come Saturday morning, or if it runs through the day?

6. thenobs70

thenobs70 Forum Resident

Target's promotions usually end late Saturday night into Sunday.

MicJames likes this.
  7. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Monty Alexander Trio's upcoming album has been added to Target's sale today. It's listed at 18.69. Amazon's pre-sale price is $39.99 for the same item.

Oscar Peterson's "Exclusively For My Friends' 6xLP Box is now at Target for $149.99. Amazon's asking $199 for the same set.

There are other new jazz titles as well. Is anyone familiar with any of them?

===============

Rhino's new Fleetwood Mac Live release is up as well for $31. Rhino's site lists a $100 version and a $110 version. Mis-pricing or just a different version?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  8. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Thanks for the info I took a try on the Monty Alexander Trio and also ordered the Fleetwood Mac but that price lines up with what a double album might be so I am guessing that is what it will be and Rhino is just not listing that yet, but we can hope for something more.

Mike H. likes this.
  9. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

They send replacements if it's in stock and usually let you keep it depending on the original price (I think most things under $30 or so you get to keep unless they see you return a lot). If not, they send you a free shipping label for a return. Not too much risk in it. I usually get stuff in mailers. This time I got a huge box with 3 items in it and it was like russian nesting dolls hah. Boxes inside of boxes. Two items had slight corner dents but for the price, I ended up just keeping them since they were OOS.

Levi's Tubs likes this.
  10. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Was the item in stock? I've found that if it is under a certain MSRP, they just let you keep it. I have had $30 albums the just let me keep and sent me a replacement if there was damage. If it's OOS or too expensive, they will ask for it back.

11. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Sales start at 12AM PST on Sunday, so I'm guessing this week's sale will last until 12AM PST tonight.

MicJames likes this.
  12. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

The Bass on Top Tone Poet went back up for sale today, as did the Bob Dylan mono box set and a few others. There have been quite a few good restocks today. If something was OOS, just check it again and see before the sale ends.

13. The mono vinyl box or CD? Never got an email for the vinyl box being back in stock and still showing OOS.

beyondmiles likes this.
  14. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Target has a second Fleetwood Mac Live listing today: it's UPC 603497850921, the "Super Deluxe" version as confirmed by UPC at Amazon. Amazon's price is $100. Target is asking $85 and B2G1 as well.

Rhino's website shows that the $85 Target version is their smaller deluxe version. So, I think you're right: the $30.99 item is the simple 2LP set, not yet announced on the Rhino site.

Link to the Rhino listing for their set (the $85 Target version): Fleetwood Mac Live 2LP/3CD/7”

15. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

I preordered that Oscar Peterson set. I need to do some more research on it. The label says The Orchard, but it has the same upc as a MPS listing on discogs, which claims its AAA. Anybody have the strait poop on this one? I have until June to figure it out. --- The Orchard is also listed for that Monty Alexander album- is this just a new subsidiary for MPS releases?

16. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

The Orchard is owned by Sony and is their distribution and licensing outlet. So MPS is probably owned by Sony and being distributed by The Orchard

17. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

My local Target's music selection is pitiful.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  18. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

trying to find some things I want to bundle with the Nat Cole box "Hitting the Ramp," around that price range ($73), but having no luck. I'm a little confused how the cancel trick works. If it works to cancel 1 and get the prorated price on the remaining 2, would it work to cancel 2 and get the rate for remaining item?

19. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Yes, it does (you get close to 32% off one, before tax).

Edit: If you have the Target Red Card CC, you also get an additional 5% off. As a reference, I pre-ordered (what I assume is) the BN Lee Morgan Live 12 LP box set and did the "buy 3, cancel 2." The item price is $288.99, the discount is $105.96 (I used the Target Red Card at check out).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    hutlock and MicJames like this.
  20. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Despite all the great advice from this thread, I dithered trying to make a last minute change, went to checkout, and the promotion was gone. Looked up to the corner and computer read 12:00 on the dot. Man, they don’t mess around. Second time I’ve idiotically missed this sale. Putting it all in “saved for later,” and hoping for another B2G1 sale before too many disappear. Buh.

21. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Don't worry, friend, Target has been running these sales more frequently since last Fall. Just build up a cart and watch for movement in this thread.

MicJames likes this.
  22. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Did I need this? No. Did I order it? Yes.

23. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Check some other Target stores in your area. I have found it depends on the store. Some Target's have a good selection and some are pitiful.

24. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

The music dept. at one of the Target stores in my neck of the woods was pretty empty a few weeks ago.
    When I went in last week, the record shelves were filled again. Not to mention that I was able to pick up
    some cool albums at incredible prices on clearance.

SJP and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
  25. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Sunday delivery on :
    Todd Rundgren Complete Bearsville/WB Singles (4 LP RSD release)
    Fleetwood Mac Then Play On (2 LP deluxe)
    Fleetwood Mac 1973-74 Lp box.

Got all three for around $100. What a deal!