Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I did my part as well recently as I scored the last Tanita Tikaram 180 gr, limited series, white LP, Ancient Heart, for $9. FWIW, I already owned the LP and the CD (a buck each at garage sales) but couldn't resist the white vinyl. For those that missed out, this is a very, very, good album.

Patanoia likes this.
  2. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I didn't do a sort. I went to the Bin, checked the vinyl box (which showed 711) and when the records were listed, 697 showed up, pre any kind of sort. Just did it again, same result. Confusing it is

Blowout Bin on DeepDiscount

3. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

I'm not a vinyl guy but I took a quick look through the LPs in the bin. Pickings were slim but I saw one album that I can highly recommend - The Audreys LP "Til My Tears Roll Away". The Audreys are an Australian rock / folk / Americana duo who have won numerous awards in Australia across a 15 year career. Vocals are sung by Taasha Coates and the majority of the instrumentation is played by Tristan Goodall. They have some similarities with Buddy and Julie Miller (when Julie's doing the singing) or Shovels & Rope. Listen to the first 15 seconds of the first track, My Darlin' Girl, and tell me if it doesn't grab you - especially with lyrics like "He says, My darling girl, I'm gonna love you till I leave this world". Then listen to the crunchy guitar riffs and bass that drive the next track, Baby, Are You There, and I guarantee that you'll be hooked. It's still a little pricy at $15.67 if you're taking a flyer on this album but a hell of a lot cheaper than the $71.99 rack rate given it is an Australian import.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  4. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

5. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I'll point again to the Alarm and dB's EP's on page one. Really, what can you lose for ten bucks total?

Poor Barry Gibb is still stuck on page three. Even the retrospective Bee Gees love isn't helping them get rid of that.

6. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

8. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

9. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Gregalor, samwisefan, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  10. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

New 15% Off sale with MARDIGRAS.

Hurry, you only have until Thursday at Noon.

11. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

Well, it did not apply my discount. I have an email into customer service.

I've been waiting for someone to do a sale as there's quite a few things I've been wanting to buy. Thanks DD but I would like my 15% please.

In case anyone is interested I picked up the Joan Baez debut and Buddy Guy A Man and the Blues. Both are from Craft and cut from original tapes. Also, picked up the Chi-lites that ORG just reissued. That one is sourced from the tapes so who knows what that means.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  12. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i never trust DD to package vinyl correctly. And they only issue refunds and no exchanges, so i usually stick to cds from them.

13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Wow, in dozens of vinyl orders over many years, I've never experienced any issues with DD packing. Even when they used that pressed corrugated cardboard for vinyl (which I haven't seen for quite a while), there were never any issues.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  14. Swordsandchains

all ive ever gotten Lps in from them is that glued cardboard crap. Id love to get keith jarret 10 lp box but no idea how Itll be shipped

15. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

It will be shipped in a 12 1/2" square box about 5 inches deep. I've gotten a couple of large orders from DD and they both came in those.

16. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Enter promo code MARDIGRAS
    and save an additional 15% on everything site-wide.

17. Swordsandchains

ive gotten thise big boxes for other box sets before, always crushed corner.

18. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Great, I can finally get that Frozen II soundtrack for $5. /S. Seriously, gonna review their regular selections later tonite when I get a fresh 40 minute "power on". I'm at then end of the current one and will lose power in 3, 2, 1.....

latheofheaven likes this.
  19. hutlock

Same.

EDIT: and yeah, I have gotten nothing but Whiplash mailers or large boxes with packing materials for at least the last year from DD.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  20. DocShipe

DocShipe Forum Resident

Got my Electric Warrior over the weekend—thanks for the heads up.

WithinYourReach and hutlock like this.
  21. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Just missed that deal today. I'll be on the lookout for another code with 15% off.

Dr. J. likes this.
  22. rubberhead

rubberhead Erotic Thriller

[​IMG]
    HELL AND FIRE WAS SPAWNED TO BE RELEASED

23. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Very clever lol!!

latheofheaven likes this.
  24. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Not sure if it was already there, but Brian Wilson's No Pier Pressure can now be found on page 3. $11/25 for the double vinyl.

Also, Miie Love's Unleash the Love is on page 4,and I'm sure everyone was waiting for that.

25. hutlock

Both have been there for a very, Very, VERY long time.