Adele is back (new single Oct 15 2021); new album "30" to drop 19th November 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mazanahmed, Feb 16, 2021.

1. mazanahmed

mazanahmed Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I heard Adele is supposed to release a new album very soon. What is everyone's predictions for it? What date will it arrive? Will it be successful and/or spawn any hits? Will it retain Adele's soulful style or become more in line of today's generic pop? Any collaborations? Are y'all excited for it?

2. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Adele 29

joy stinson likes this.
  3. mazanahmed

Probably 31 or 32

Sean, murrays and Aftermath like this.
  4. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

I'm curious too as, unfortunately, the mainstream has moved even further away from live musicians. I hope she doesn't feel pressured to move in the sparse, all programmed direction of top 40 pop these days.

5. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

Thank you for not saying "drop" a new album.

6. mazanahmed

LOL.

7. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Maybe she should cover "How Old Am I?"

33 in May FWIW

Aftermath likes this.
  8. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

21 at 33.
    Oh wait.....

9. Frip

Frip Forum Resident

The vinyl version should be called 33.

10. mazanahmed

So maybe it'll be released August 2021? Hopefully lead singles way before that.

zobalob likes this.
  11. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I saw an interview somewhere, that her age album titles were 'done' with.
    I'm sure she'll have some knockout tune or tunes on it.

Oaw likes this.
  12. mazanahmed

Yes, let's just hope it's good and not typical generic pop of today!

Rick Bartlett likes this.
  13. Frip

Frip Forum Resident

14. mazanahmed

I love Elvis Presley!

15. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

This is the second time you've used that exact phrase on the first page of this thread.
    What is an example of today's generic pop that you would like Adele to avoid?

Topping the charts for the last 5 weeks is Driver's License - which is an incredible song, one that would sound perhaps even better coming from Adele. It is nuanced and rich, and has some emotional heft to it. By far the biggest pop releases recently have been the two Taylor Swift albums which are phenomenal and have transcended pop entirely - even earning her fans from this forum who may have been suspicious of her earlier.

I think this is a great moment for pop, perhaps a bit sleepy, but it is deep winter during a pandemic. Instead of being vague about what you don't want, what do you want Adele to do?

Ryan Lux likes this.
  16. mazanahmed

Everybody has different music tastes, but I would just like some nice bangers in her usual style!

17. Elliottmarx

I don't want to be negative on your thread because that's awful - but instead of being vague and saying 'gerneric pop' is bad and 'bangers' are good, what are some recent bangers that you liked?

Did you like Harry Styles' Watermelon Sugar? Maybe Weeknd's Blinding Lights? What about Miley's recent song Midnight Sky? All three were uptempo hits that I think Adele would have had success with.
    Are those the type of songs you'd like to hear?

18. mazanahmed

I'm not really familiar with today's pop as I simply don't follow much, but I'd say Adele and Coldplay's hits from 2015-17 are my favorite 'modern' stuff.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  19. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

seriously. I was a massive Sia fan for years until she changed her sound and got rid of all the things that made her music wonderful. Definitely hope Adele evolves and doesn’t make the same album again, but in a way that isn’t necessarily trying to compete with whatever is popular right now. She’s got the voice and talent where she could do her own thing and still find an audience.

20. Elliottmarx

If I recall, she didn't tour on the last album, or if she did, it was limited. I wonder if she considers touring when releasing new music. It's been awhile. Her songs are demanding.

I'm really eager to hear what she's been up to. I have to think her SNL appearance this season was booked (probably a year in advance) to promote this new album - which has been postponed. That's my theory at least.

I would guess that the moment they can safely book a tour is when we will be given a release date.

21. bosskeenneat

bosskeenneat Forum Resident

It's funny about chart-toppers...I was able to land all three of Adele's CD's; 19, 21 & 25, PLUS her live effort out of one & two dollar boxes in the last several years. Same thing for Ms. Swift's discography, or at least up to "1989". If too-predictable history holds, people will once again go bonkers & make a "Platinum ten times over" fuss about it, thereby assuring I'll land MY copy the exact same way as the rest of her discography. There's a reason why Barbra Streisand is "Queen of the thrift stores"........

22. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

I love 19 and 21. The third album I found uninteresting despite her fantastic voice; it felt like she had nothing to say (I liked the Bond song though). Look forward to what she comes up with next. She is not exactly prolific.

Tim

elgoodo likes this.
  23. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident

Love her voice but after undergoing 2 surgeries after twice tearing her vocal cords I hope whatever touring she does is brief

24. mazanahmed

I like all her 3 albums; the Bond song was actually a non-album single in between 21 and 25.

25. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I quite liked her first two albums, but didn't pick up the third. Regardless, I'm curious what her new album will offer; will she shake up her sound at all? It's also going to be interesting to watch the sales of this one. It will be HUGE, but how will it compare with her previous sales?

Teaser for the new single:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Bevok and RSteven like this.