Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

It was the mono vinyl. Their stock emails suck. But the vinyl box popped back up as limited availability for about 20-30 min and was snatched up again and sold out

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Went back armed with the above list and managed to grab a copy of The Beatles for $13, so thanks for that! However they ALSO had the Lana Del Ray NFR vinyl—normally $39 marked down to $27, but not the $11.99 you had listed above. I’ll check back on that one in a few days and see if it comes down...

superstar19 likes this.
  3. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I have that Rundgren box and it sounds really good.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  4. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

Picked up a few of these myself. Nearest store had the White Album listed in stock but nowhere to be found. NFR is same price here. I'd pay $11.99, don't think I'll pay 27.99.

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Too bad the Lana Del Rey is not as low it is a really great album. I wonder if they upped the price or if my store just had a better discount. Good luck
    Oh by the way did you scan these or were they stickered with the clearance prices? None of the ones I got were marked down on the price tag They all scanned at these prices but were marked full price. Many Targets have scanners located around the store or you can ask a clerk.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  6. hutlock

I scanned them myself—there is one directly across from the music section in the store I was at. No stickers at all denoting the sale prices.

7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I saw the Lana del rey at my local target , scanned it regular $39 scanned at $29 , was really hoping it would be the $12 as i need that on vinyl & all her Vinyl is always overpriced .....

I did get the Chicks that scanned at $10 & the selena gomez that scanned at like $5

8. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

So is the consensus that Target is not good at packaging vinyl for shipping?

9. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

So far I haven’t had any problems. I’m getting my latest 3:2 shipment today and will chime in if it is a major downgrade.

Boomy likes this.
  10. Mr Bassie

Mr Bassie Back for more

Got my orders in today and they were in good shape. Excited to hear them but not today as I’m binging on WWOZ for Mardi Gras

11. hutlock

Not even remotely a consensus, no. The above couple of examples definitely seem to be exceptions, but we will all find out once this next wave of orders starts to show up. Previous sales haven’t had many problems (other than cancelling a ton of preorders), although I’m sure a few here or there just like any giant corporate shipping concern. Also their customer service has been very good about refunds/replacements.

Boomy likes this.
  12. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Nah. They're a huge retailer, so with the amount of product shipped naturally there will be some issues. Target is comparable to Amazon as it pertains to packaging, wrong items sent, number of returns, etc. Just like Amazon, returning an item is a breeze, so don't be deterred by a few horror stories.

Boomy likes this.
  13. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

It seems to depend on where it gets shipped from. I have had records arrive safely in nice packaging, and then I had one package arrive the other day in a gigantic box that had Beatles Mono Masters, Dire Straits MoFi and a Bob Dylan Bootleg Series box set all just thrown into it with some of those air pillow things. I don't think Target themselves actually package up anything so you just get luck of the draw in terms of where it's shipped from and how well they package. Very easy return policy though. Sometimes they just let you keep it and send you a new copy if they aren't OOS. Other times you get asked to return it and they send you a free return label.

TheVillageRecorder and Boomy like this.
  14. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Thanks everyone!

hutlock likes this.
  15. I had the same experience. 1 Beatles album in a large (18"×18"×14") box. The box was destroyed (crushed acually) and the album cover was bent badly on all 4 corners. I just returned it at my local Target and it was hassle free. The customer service guy couldn't believe the way it was packaged (I brought the box with me). He called the manager over to have a look. The manager was shocked too. I asked them if these are shipped from a warehouse and the manager said no. He stated when you place an order online, a store that has a lot of copies of a particular album will fill the order to try and get their "in stock" numbers below 5 copies of any one title. He said that most Target stores have LP style mailers, but often times they run out as employees use the LP mailers for other online orders (books, picture frames etc..) so they use those large boxes unfortunately.

Mike H. likes this.
  16. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

I noticed once when I ordered buy 2 get 1 free - 2 game in a bag and were damaged, 1 came in a mailer. That 1 was listed as "not in stores" so that may have come from a warehouse and was packaged properly.

17. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

My Dylan Bootleg series box was packaged in a box within a box and had their own labels on them from a label warehouse/distribution center.

18. I will say this about Target's fulfillment for book orders - they are actually better packaged than Amazon's often-shoddy practices. Every book I've ordered from them has arrived in pristine shape.

Gregalor and superstar19 like this.
  19. The Vinyl Lover

The Vinyl Lover Forum Resident

I have to say that my experience with Target in this last sale was spectacular, all items (all vinyl records) safely arrived within days of placing the order, all in safe packaging, no creases or bends whatsoever, no returns, and the best part...no cancellations yet!!, all in stock items are already with me. Let’s see what happens now with preorder items (8 LPs), the game of confirmation emails in the middle if the night begins..:goodie:

20. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Yep, me too. Just received my last item (non-preorder) today. Only snag was receiving a bible book instead of Big Sur by Jack Kerouac- they're pretty similar, I guess. Target shipped out a replacement immediately and I got to keep the bible book, so if anybody wants it, hit me up.

21. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Too bad they don’t think outside the box, break it down and cut it to size to turn it into a makeshift LP mailer.

22. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

Yup, direct from Ingram and packaging as snug as a bug.

23. Too much work, too much common sense or just plain lazy. All are applicable today.

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  24. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

They are paid peanuts, what do you expect?

25. If you can't do something right, don't bother doing it at all.