David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

No offence stepeanut but I do not believe your behaviour is “normal”. That said I am very jealous of you and the experiences you had!

Mikewest likes this.
  2. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

They're using "UPS Mail Innovations", in which UPS carries it close to its destination, but then hands it over to the USPS (Postal Service) to take it the "last mile" to your delivery address. It's not uncommon in modern shipping to generate a tracking number upfront and right away, and let the USPS know what it it, but getting it into USPS' hands is apparently a trickier matter.

3. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

We all have different definitions of normal. I appreciate that we’re talking about a lot of gigs, but bear in mind that they were spread out over many years. Further, I have always maintained an eclectic taste in music (and other art forms), as you can see if you care to search my posts in other non-Bowie threads. I never had an unhealthy obsession with him — some I could name certainly did — and I could afford to attend the gigs, so why not? Life is for living to its fullest, IMO; this isn’t a rehearsal.

Wilco, OberonOz, AlienRendel and 4 others like this.
  4. E888boo

E888boo Active Member

So far ordered BLA 1, 2 and 4 from UK Dig! site, and 3 from US Bowie site as it sold out in UK before I could order and all have arrived with a week of release to UK, no issues at all. All vinyl versions.

Just hoping I can grab a box when they become available again!

FLF likes this.
  5. mythnormadman

mythnormadman Someone has to smoke the sky

Your normal is my normal. I miss those days, great memories and many funny stories. It was a blast.

scobb, Totti is god and stepeanut like this.
  6. stepeanut

Absolutely. We had a great time, visited some fantastic places, and had a lot of laughs doing it. Some of my closest friends in the world were made through following Bowie, yourself included. If I have any regrets it’s that I didn’t do even more.

Cat People and Totti is god like this.
  7. mythnormadman

LATM CD Available on Dig.

8. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Have you guys thought of writing a book about your touring with Bowie experiences?

Or a Bowie Concert File book?

9. fermez_le_chat

fermez_le_chat Active Member

Don't see it but I do see LAW. For LAW you need to search for artist David Bowie, rather than going to the BLA minisite.

10. fermez_le_chat

If not you can always buy the tote bag and store them in there :)

E888boo likes this.
  11. fermez_le_chat

I liked DB from Let's Dance, and I really can't get into earlier stuff. I can appreciate it and tell it's quality but can't be passionate about it (*). The best album for me though is Buddha of Suburbia. 100% perfect. It seems he never played any of its songs live though (unless you count strangers when we meet). And I do appreciate the older stuff where re-interpreted, such as 'the man who sold the world' on the BLA releases.

(*) exception: 'station to station' (the song) and 'stay'.

onlyconnect likes this.
  12. mythnormadman

It was only there for about 15 minutes after I saw it, along with a t-shirt bundle with the CD. Good spot on LAW, I didn't see that one - strange it doesn't show under BLA. I've been checking for BLA5, just in case it was today rather than next week

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  13. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

Don’t worry you’ll like it?

14. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

this is my story. at the age of 12 I enter the world of music DB rules the world with Lets dance lp. my first record was lets dance. after a couple of months, my father buys Hunky Dory in London. I put it on the turntable and stay in wonder. what is this my god. after a few months I listen to Hunky every day and adore lp. next is David live. again what is this. so is this the same DB or some other. then in 1984 there was no internet, I live in the eastern eu, there are no magazines and if there are, I have no money.l to buy , so I have 1% info as of today. and every next lp I was wtf and getting used to. and today I can't do without these lp and everyone has their own history in my life

Today we can get all albums in few minutes and all info, video, etc..

15. JueRie

JueRie Well-Known Member

miracles can happen!!!:D:D

Got my Liveandwell today. It was lost for over a month, tracking number not updated since shipping date, wrong adress on the pakage and so on..... But hey, it is finally here:goodie::goodie: two more to go. :laughup:

sortvinyl, Lazerize and AlienRendel like this.
  16. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

So my first Bowie awareness was the awesome Ashes to ashes video on Top of the pops ....my parents had zero Bowie and said he was weird - then as a teenager Let’s Dance was everywhere ..his run of singles in the 80’s kept me aware but not tempted to buy ...then in 1988 I spotted a Ziggy cassette in Woolworths sale for 99p ...played that to death (the tracklist was swapped around a bit so Starman starts Side two) ...then Under the God came out ,,what a track ...brought that cassette single ...still no album until ...

The 3 CD singles collection release ...got that with some birthday money ..what a release ..queue frantic buying of the Ryko cd reissues , then over the last 10 years lots and lots of vinyl ..

For me his most important 90’s studio release was Buddha of Suburbia..such a great cd ..wish I had that on vinyl ...saw him live finally on the Reality tour ..what a voice

Ps ..

Had a mate who was a fanatic and went to all the tin Machine gigs , followed the tour around , and was thanked in the BBC live show cd notes from 2000...wonder if he’s reading this ?
    Dave Burdett ?

17. mythnormadman

Dave the owl! I've let him know about the post. Great guy.

stepeanut, Cat People and Gavaxeman like this.
  18. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Nice one ..used to work with him,.not seen for years

stepeanut likes this.
  19. stepeanut

Yeah, very good friend of mine, also. We attended many gigs together over the years, most notably travelling to Japan in 1996, for the Outside Tour. Top bloke.

Gavaxeman likes this.
  20. stepeanut

I considered it at one time, but life stuff got in the way, and the idea lost impetus. There was a book of fan stories a few years ago, and I had the opportunity to contribute to that, but it’s not really what I had in mind. I wanted to do something more akin to Andrew Muir’s book on Bob Dylan, The Razor’s Edge.

Bink likes this.
  21. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

Earthling Tour - Wikipedia

I know Wikipedia is rife with errors. I may be incorrect but I am fairly sure the following were not performed during The Earthling Tour, June - November:

Space Oddity
    Lady Stardust
    Aladdin Sane
    Young Americans
    Ashes To Ashes
    Let's Dance
    China Girl
    I Can't Read
    Volare

22. NightGoatToCairo

CyberLive gig or the night before?

23. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Definitely not to Volare, Ashes To Ashes and Young Americans, the others were performed acousitcally at things like the 50th show and radio broadcase in January and the Bridge Street concerts.

24. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

For the last 20 years, I have been planning our family vacations around shows I want to see. "Hey, I've decided we should go to Vienna for summer vacation next year." "Great, Dad! Who's playing?"

Oatsdad, Totti is god and stepeanut like this.
  25. NightGoatToCairo

I'm aware of the 50th show set list [Space Oddity] and radio show [Stardust, Aladdin] but the latter was not live and not part of the Earthling Tour.

Wasn't the Bridge School stuff from 1996?